Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad

If you're looking for a great salad, check here first!
blessed

Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad

Post by blessed »

A lady by the name of Pat Walter sent this in to Taste Of Home Light & Tasty magazine (2003).  The original recipe called for sugar and frozen green beans.  I have tried both frozen (thawed) and can.  I prefer the can. 

Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad

1 package (16 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
3 cups French style green beans
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup diced pimientos
3/4 cup Splenda
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon salt

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.  In a small bowl, combine the Splenda, vinegar, water and salt; stir until Splenda is dissolved.  Pour over vegetables; toss to coat.  Refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.  Serve with a slotted spoon. 
Angel81
New, but learning

Re: Green Bean 'N' Pea Salad

Post by Angel81 »

Love this recipe too!!!  It is sooooo good!! Thanks for sharing.
blessed

Post by blessed »

Glad you like it.  It's one of our favorites. 
donnanet
New, but learning

Post by donnanet »

Will certainly try this recipe this week!  Looks wonderful-I can's use Splenda, (migraines), so I use a natural sweetener instead.  I buy it at my local health food store. It's made by NuNaturals and called "NuStevia"
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

donnanet this is just an FYI (for your information): the NuStevia also has Maltodextrin which is not good for you and also natural flavors which is hidden sugars.  I got the NuStevia also at my health food store then found out its not good for me, so when its gone I will not buy this brand again.  I believe it was CQ that said how bad it was for us, she may can tell you more about it if you want...

I sure wish we could find something that was good to replace sugars, that did not have all the other junk that's bad for us.....

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

I agree with you Deborah.  I need something good for me to replace sugar/sugar substitutes.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I was told about something today called Organic Blue Agave.  I received one answer on the question and answer board that it is generally made with syrup and is not what we can eat.  This is advertising itself as low glycemic and very good for you as a natural fruit sweetener.  I am looking into it more to see if they have found a different way to process it rather then the syrup of the plant.  I don't like the taste of stevia and I don't like how bad splenda is for the body.  I very seldom use splenda but try to sweeten with banana or vanilla and cinnamon but sometimes I need something more.