Broiled Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce
Servings: 4
Cook Time: 10 min.
Sides & Desserts
Moroccan Chicken Soup
Couscous Salad 
Wine Pairings: Pinot Noir Pinot Gris and Pinot Grigio

Fresh is the key to a great fish dish.
Serve with a baked potato, rice or pasta, and a green salad.

Ingredients
2 Tbs light mayonnaise
2 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tsp Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp dill weed, dried
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 lbs salmon steaks, (four 6-ounce steaks)
1 lemon, cut into wedges

Directions
Preheat oven using the broiler setting.
Sprinkle pepper evenly over both sides of salmon.
Prepare sauce by combining mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, and dill weed in a small bowl; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
Set sauce aside.
Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with vegetable oil spray.
Broil 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
Portion steaks on plates and spoon sauce over salmon.
Garnish with lemon wedges.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
tprouty
Master Member

Re: Broiled Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce

Post by tprouty »

Wow, that looks yummy! I'm gonna try this on guests over the weekend. I have a nice Alaska salmon in the freezer.

BTW, Linda, I read that you like the Grapeseed oil Vegenaise. I do too, but I recently found in another store a "Light" Vegenaise, same brand name. It isn't Grapeseed Oil, but it does have flax oil and I can't remember what other oil. Not as rich tasting as the Grapeseed item, but better than any other light mayo I've found to date. Normally I really dislike light mayo :poo: , but this has a good flavor, and will certainly satisfy any call for mayo.

I was surprised to find it -- I thought Fred Meyer (Kroger) carried the full line of Vegenaise products. You can always ask the manager of the store near you that carries the grapeseed mayo to get in some of the light mayo too, as it is the same producer. And it was a pretty significant reduction in fat content. Thought you might like to check it out.

Now I'm hungry.
Thanks for posting this.
Terri
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Broiled Salmon with Lemon Dill Sauce

Post by LINDA RN »

Here was my comment and their response on that site:

Linda Harris: Wonder how the sauce would be if you used Greek Yogurt instead of Mayo?

Vitacost.com CS Good idea Linda. Use yogurt, garlic and some shredded cucumber with it and you will have a great Tzatziki sauce. Should go great with the fish. You could even use the Tzatziki sauce and shred the fish for some awesome fish tacos.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...