1 can corn
1 can red beans
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon cummin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup salsa
1 cup or so of beef broth

Process
Saute onion mixture in olive oil with beef meat.  When meat looks brown add rest of ingredients.  Place lid on pressure cooker and cook for 25 minutes.  Let set for 5 minutes and cool pot under cold water..  The original recipe called for flour and a slow cooker but since I needed this for lunch and not supper the pressure cooker did a great job.  I just tasted it and it is a winner in my opinion.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Mexican Beef Stew in pressure cooker

Post by LINDA RN »

Glad you posted this. 25 min is about all I do in pressure cooker for dry beans so I would have thought the canned beans would have been over cooked. Hummmmm, I am always looking for a faster way to cook lunch either night before or early in the mornings before work. Will definitely try this one! Thank you. Cut up sirloin will be a little lower in fat than the stew meat but a little tougher, but the pressure cooker may be just the thing to tenderize it.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

You are probably right the beans could have been firmer,,I never thought of adding beans after meat had cooked a while.  My family all liked the results so the taste was there if not the texture.  We like our vegetables to be mush in my family. You should see my green beans LOL. 
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Yaya,

Thanks for posting a new main meal.  This one sounds really yummy. I don't have a pressure cooker so I'll make it in my crockpot. What is the temp setting and length of cooking time for a crockpot?
yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

8 hours on low,  I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com, but I just changed it to fit LDL.  I added water to the leftovers and had a soup today from it.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Thanks for the reply to my question.  This meal is on my next weekly menu.