Great filling main dish recipes!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Shrimp Enchiladas Verde

Post by LINDA RN »

Shrimp Enchiladas Verde

•    PREP 45 mins total
•    Serves 8
320 calories/serving (less if you leave out the Tortillas)
Provided By:

Shrimp with spicy tomatillo-and-cilantro sauce, a common combination in coastal Mexican cuisine, make bright-tasting enchiladas. Precooked shrimp help get them on your table in a hurry.

Ingredients       
        • 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp (21-25 per pound; thawed if frozen), tails removed, diced
        • 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
        • 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chiles (not drained)
        • 2 cups canned green enchilada sauce or green salsa, divided
        • 12 corn tortillas Corn Thins
        • 15-ounce can nonfat refried beans
        • 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese, such as Mexican-style, Monterey Jack or Cheddar
        • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
        • 1 lime, cut into wedges

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine shrimp, corn, chiles and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in a microwave-safe medium bowl. Cover and microwave on High until heated through, 2 1/2 minutes.
3. Spread 1/4 cup enchilada sauce (or salsa) in the prepared baking dish. Top with an overlapping layer of 6 tortillas. Spread refried beans evenly over the tortillas. Top the beans with the shrimp mixture, followed by the remaining 6 tortillas. Pour the remaining sauce (or salsa) over the tortillas. Cover with foil.
4. Bake the enchiladas until they begin to bubble on the sides, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil; sprinkle cheese on top. Continue baking until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Top with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.

Saw this recipe on line and thought it might be pretty good if tweeked for LDL.
Not sure how the corn thins would hold up cooking them like the tortillias.
They may turn to mush. You might be able to get by with spreading out a bag of those Chippins.
Otherwise you could just bake it minus the Tortillas and spoon it over Corn Thins when serving.
Enjoy!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Shrimp Enchiladas Verde

Post by VickiLynn »

Thanks for posting a recipe where I can use the salsa verde that I purchased some time ago and didn't use because I lost the recipe that I was going to make using it.  Because both me and my husband are at goal weight we'll use the tortillas just this one time and then I probably never make this recipe again.  Personally I think the corn thins will turn to mush because they will absorb the liquids in the recipe.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks Linda,

I made this with whole beans instead of re-fried and without the tortillas.  It turned out to be a delicious shrimp enchilada soup....yum.  I garnished with only a bit of low fat cheese, cilantro, and a couple of avocado slices.  The lime slice squeezed over the top and shake of salt really added to the flavor....MMmmmm, all of my kids, except the fruit only guy, loved it too.

Blessings & Thanks Again,
Julie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Linda.  I bookmarked it for later.  Sounds delicious.  *hug* JF