Cajun Pork & Beans

Great filling main dish recipes!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Cajun Pork & Beans

Post by VickiLynn »

I have made this recipe twice and loved it as much the second time as the first. So I thought I would share.

CAJUN PORK & BEANS

1 tablespoon olive oil
4 bone-in center-cut pork chops
1-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can Mexicorn, drained

Heat oil in a nonstick skillet. Rub both sided of pork chops with 1 tsp Cajun seasoning; cook 4 minutes on each side. Remove chops. Add onion and green pepper; cook 8 minutes. Stir in black beans, Mexicorn, and 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Add chop, cover, and cook 3 additional minutes.

Because there is only myself and my husband to cook for, I used two 3/4-inch pork chops but made the entire bean recipe. We ate a whole bunch of the beans and still had some leftovers that I plan on using for omelet filling tomorrow morning.
Sharolyn

Re: Cajun Pork & Beans

Post by Sharolyn »

Since I was born in Louisiana, this sounds mighty good to me!  ;D I was looking for something new to cook tomorrow. And I have everything I need. Thanks, VickiLynn!
Shari

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Shari,

Let me know what you think about this recipe.  For me, it has made it to my "one of my favorites" list.

A tip when cooking -- Salt the pork chops on both sides before rubbing with the Cajun seasoning. It brings out the flavor a little more.
Last edited by VickiLynn on March 27th, 2012, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Thanks for the tip VickiLynn. I may try making this today.
Shari

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I would bet that if you did not have pork chops on hand, chicken breasts would do!
But then Chicken and Beans does not sound so "catchy"  :D
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Linda,

Coincidentally, my husband said the same thing about using chicken in this recipe. Personally I think using pork chops adds more flavor to the beans; but, I will try chicken next time I make this delicious recipe just so I can compare the two.  Also, you are right on about the catchy title because that is what caught my eye  *hug* .
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

VickiLynn, I did make this a couple of days ago & it was DELICIOUS!! My husband went back for seconds, too! I think this will be one of our favorites. I made it with the really thin "breakfast chops". (almost no fat, thin & small) Thanks for much for sharing this recipe!  *love*
Shari