Chipotle Bowl

Great filling main dish recipes!
jencita
Master Member

Chipotle Bowl

Post by jencita »

Hi all - I adore Chipotle Bowl and I created it at home.  I have to say that it is delicious and soooo filling
Chipotle Bowl
bite size chicken (Leave out for a vegetarian)
Black Beans
Pinto Beans
chopped cilantro (This is a must ingredient)
Salsa
Guacamole (I just put 1 T, it makes the bowl amazing)
mozzarella cheese, nonfat (I use a small amt of regular)
lettuce
Optional - fajiti vegetable

Just put everything in a bowl and enjoy
I eat this at least 3-4 times a week and it really helps me stay focused because I love it so much. :teeth:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Chipotle Bowl

Post by MsHeirloom »

This sounds really yummy!
Last edited by MsHeirloom on October 1st, 2014, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks.  I will do this one soon.  :thumbsup: JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I'd be tempted to add corn to it!
Thanks for sharing
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Thanks Jencita, this sounds delish, and I am going to try it for sure.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Yes Linda - I forgot - I have added corn salsa before and it is excellent - probably just plain corn would be too.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

I have all the ingredients so it is on my "make this" for next week.  Can't wait to try it out!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Please let me know how you like it?  I crave it.
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Just a quick note to say hi. I've been doing well on the plan (not losing, not gaining). I need to get back to reading this site daily. I got busy with life. A good life.
*love* *love* *love*
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

This was so delicious! ! I just tried it! Thank you!!
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

This was so delicious! ! I just tried it! Thank you!!
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I have to get back to making this 3 to 4 times a week. I lost my most weight when I ate this often. And soooo satisfying.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Jen,

I have been away too and now I am back. This is such a wonderful recipe. I could eat this easily 3 or 5 times a week. Wait. I have!
I am getting my weeks menu's together. I have to do the shopping today. And, this was one of the first things on my menu..
I haven't gained either...Yeah...haven't lost..Boo, but haven't gain..WOW!..after considering what I did eat...that's a double WOW! I am so thankful, so grateful!..I am so looking forward to coming here everyday to see what's posted. It just keeps me motivated to stay on the Skinny bound Train..See ya on board GF.

Zesti
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Zesti, my 84 year old dad is on LDL. I gave him the book and he has read it front to back. He wants to lose 30 pounds before his 60th wedding anniversary in November. He has lost 6 pounds already. He is so cute about what he can and cannot eat. It is motivating me to be good! Thankfully you are maintaining. U just keep gaining grr
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Jenn,
How wonderful! He'll feel so much better too. Lots of energy to do the cha-cha on the big day. :))
It is such a good thing to have a "Buddy" do this with you. He helps you and you help him to stay on track.
Now, that's a good thing.
:ymhug:
Zesti
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Haha I just noticed I typed U instead of I _ Correction - I just keep gaining. LOL. I use food in so many wrong ways. My daughters 17 year old friend died today. I went to DQ and brought home blizzards for the family - we shared our sorrow through comfort food. I am so bad.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

LOL..and here it was me thinking it was a new kind of "posting lingo"..lol..I am good with it though, as I am learning to gain in other places. Like my brain..it's a nice change!!..

I am so sorry to hear about your daughters friends. I know she is wrapped in God's arms as I post.

No, your are not bad at all. I think what you did just by going to DQ was a very loving thing you did for your family. That was yesterday and today is a brand new day. So go make a big fat juicy LDL meatloaf with mashed butter beans, maybe some corn on Cobb, if you can still find it. And, have at it. Follow that up with some fruit salad or banana pancakes, they are great for a dessert, topped with fresh fruit..Yummy!
Have things you can grab and munch on. Not having to think about calories, fat grams, any of that stuff now.
Make bowls and bowls of your Chipotle. Most importantly....give yourself a GREAT BIG HUG! and then go hug your family. It's calorie free and feels so much better..
I have been where you are as with most of us here. You are not alone. Don't give up! Stop with the
"stinking thinking" as LittlePrincess says it. We do enough of that to ourselves on days that we don't go thru such a tramactic time...Remember God loves bad peopel too and so do we..and he forgives you, so you do the same ok?
:ymhug: :ymhug:
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I heard a missionary speak once and he said "You like what you eat". When you change the way you eat, until you continue for a while, you tend to slip into old habits. When you are stressed or grieving, you slip into old ways of coping. It's not GOOD or BAD, it is just the way humans are. We are skeptical about new things and comfortable with old habits. There is a verse in Isaiah that says something like Awake, I have something new for you. Anyway, I agree with Zesti, eat the things you enjoy that are LDL. Be sure to have a fruit bowl with your favorite, lots of frozen grapes, cherries, mango and banana chunks. Eat till you are stuffed! Make new habits and you will find that God never takes anything away from us, without something better to replace it. I will pray for angels to comfort you and your family as you deal with this tragedy in your life. O:-)
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thank you zesti and omalani. I found great comfort in your words. Today's a new day! That's all I can do is keep trying! :-s