Shepherds Pie

Great filling main dish recipes!
Mary J
Master Member

Shepherds Pie

Post by Mary J »

Haven't tried this yet, but plan to soon. Wanted to share it though.

Added to Recipes on Fri 01/25/2013
Dr. Oz Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients
Serves 2

10 cups cauliflower florets, steamed soft
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil, divided (more or less if needed)
2 cups roughly chopped broccoli florets
1 small bok choy, roughly chopped (about 2 cups)
8 oz poached chicken, diced
Freshly ground pepper

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees. Purée the cauliflower, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a blender until very smooth. set aside. In a medium pan sauté the broccoli for 2 minutes in 2 teaspoons of coconut oil, until lightly browned and starting to soften a bit. Transfer to a bowl and cook the bok choy for 2 minutes, in the same pan, adding a little more of the coconut oil if necessary, until starting to brown. Transfer bok choy to the bowl with the broccoli. Add the diced chicken, 2 cups of cauliflower purée, 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper and gently toss. Transfer mixture to a 4 cup baking dish, top with the remaining cauliflower purée and bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubble. If you like to brown the top a bit, broil for a few minutes after baking.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: Shepherds Pie

Post by Joyful Friend »

MaryJ, bookmarked this. I don't have Bok choy. My DH went to prayer breakfast, and is stopping to get some fruits and veggies for me. It is starting to snow again. We are to get 2-4 inches, so our hill will be slick for super bowl party. I guess they can walk up. Thanks for recipe. :ymhug: JF