Baked Spaghetti Squash w/cheese

Great filling main dish recipes!
Mary J
Master Member

Baked Spaghetti Squash w/cheese

Post by Mary J »

Oh my this sounds delish! I've got to try this one!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/bake ... e.html?m=1
Mary J
Master Member

Re: Baked Spaghetti Squash w/cheese

Post by Mary J »

Made this last night and it was delish! Pic below.

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Mary J,

I always look forward to your recipe postings and this one sounds delicious but because I am trying to lose the 10 lbs I have gained in the last three years I'll pass on this one until I am back at my goal weight -- too much cheese for me at this point.

Just a note... While looking at this recipe on www.skinnytaste.com I browsed some of the other recipes and found quite a few that would be LDL compliant. Great website!
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

What is spaghetti squash? Where can you get it in the store?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Brittany, do a seach on the boards for spaghetti squash.
There was quite a few discussions on how to cook it etc.
It is available in most grocery stores. I get them at WalMart next to the butternut squash.
I had never heard of it either before LDL.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spaghet ... ywGHoIC4Cw

Lots of picures of the squash. Some look downright yummy.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

It is one of my favorites. They are now selling it at Rueby Tuesday's as a veggie selection.
Brittany, you can make it "sweet" too by adding cinnamon and a little splenda if you need too. I just add the cinnamon and it makes me think I am eating sweet potatoes or apple pie..This is my new noodle for years. My DH loves it too.
Zesti.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Hi Britanny, here ya go..there are also microwave directions about cooking them on the web site.
I don't use microwave to much, only to reheat. But, if you have never had it. Please try it..I think it's wonderful. You can also freeze it. I just defrost and let if drain. I eat it cold too..yummy!
A lot of folks eat this as the replacement for pasta with spegghetti sauce. If you love it as much as I do. It's only takes your imagination to come up with your own flavors. That's why, when I do buy it. I buy the bigest one they have and freeze some for later...
Zesti

Cut the squash in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Separate the strands of squash with a fork and place in a medium bowl; discard shells. Maintain the oven temperature.

Thanks Mary, I can work with this recipe. For those that are not eating cheese, just baking it with the spinach, ff chick broth, and parmasan on top works good too. Stir a little of the parm into the casserole dish and sprinkle on top. It just needs warming up to soften spinach and to get the cheese to melt on top.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

LindaRN,
I want to respond on this thread regarding: "Searching On Boards"
I went back to find others I couldn't pull up. STUMBLED on this one. FANTASTIC picture. I have booked marked it. (don't have a problem doing that!). And, now adding the squash to my shopping list again!..lol

I was able to pull the one up you sent me of the Bean and Veggies dip and the one you put on this thread. They both worked great!
I was very happy having "stumbled, because I found this picture of the spaghetti squash.
Somehow, I must have missed it the first time around. Maybe the others were just "to old". I wouldn't think there was a time limit though, but apparently there is.
MarySimmons uses the "link" to the recipe boards regarding a certain recipes most often. I have never been able to click on the link and get the recipe as I think I should be able too. There are so many threads that pop up. I end up reading most all of them and am lucky if I find the one with the actual recipe in it.
I understand why/how this does that when using the "search engine". but not the link itself ??
I know it's me and that I am doing something wrong, or not seeing something but don't know what that is.
Is it just me? or are others having the same problem.

Is this how it is suppose to be?
Zesti
Thank you so much for your help..
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I will add a little a little salsa, drop the milk and flour, add some beans and sharp cheddar cheese and have a south western casserole. Love the LDL way of eating. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Does anyone know how Mary J is doing?
For Zesti, I have no idea how old your last post on this thread is.
Roger has removed the posted dates.
No I also have had problems finding recepies in links.
Some have posted recipies w/in general comments or in their journal. It is better if you have a good recipe to post it seperately in the recipe section.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...