Low-fat Cheese

Great filling main dish recipes!
SweetRose
Master Member

Low-fat Cheese

Post by SweetRose »

I would like to know if anyone's weight actually stalled by eating low-fat cheese? When I lost on LDL the first time I ate ton's of canned parmesan cheese sprinkled on everything from popcorn to salads. It didn't stall my weight. But I didn't consume other low-fat cheeses because of what Roger said in the red book, that all cheese was fattening. I know he used the nonfat bleu cheese crumbles and lost. So I'm wondering, for example, if I make a cauliflower crust pizza and I use low-fat mozzarella, would I stall?. I can't stand nonfat cheese- any type, but the low-fat does have a good taste. My favorite is Jarlsberg Lite. It tastes fabulous!

For those of you who do consume low-fat or even full-fat cheese (!) I would like to hear from you!

SweetRose @};-
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Low-fat Cheese

Post by LINDA RN »

I don't do low fat at all. They add sugars and other processed stuff to make up for the fat
I just don't eat alot of cheese.
Since most of the cheese I ate was what was on an occassional restaurant salad, I lost just fine.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Low-fat Cheese

Post by Zesti »

Hi SweetRose, I am with ya on the LF Jahlsberg. I love it! I only eat cheese when I am craving it now.
I used to be a triscuit and cheese gal everyday before dinner, but not anymore.
I can't stand the NF either but...I do buy it all ready shredded up, and keep it in the freezer. I add a little evoo to mine and it seems to melt better and taste better. I know I am adding fat to it, but it's a healthier fat and I am in control of it.
I have a slice of the LF JB with lite rye wasa crackers now. I haven't stalled. But, now adays. I am only eating one slice and not the whole package :))
Zesti