1/4 C Crumbled Feta
8 oz Chicken Breast Cutlets
1 C Spinach
1T EVOO
1t Pepper
1t Salt
1t Lemon Peel
1 small chopped onion

IN LARGE SKILLET HEAT EVOO AND SAUTE ONION UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN, THEN WILT SPINACH, STIR IN LEMON ZEST, FETA, S & P AND SET ASIDE

DIVIDE SPINACH MIX BETWEEN CUTLETS

ROLL AND SECURE WITH TOOTHPICKS

HEAT ANOTHER T EVOO/ MED HEAT

COOK CHICKEN TURNING OCCASIONALLY FOR SEVERAL MINUTES, UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN AND COOKED THROUGH

REMOVE TOOTHPICKS & ENJOY.
omalani
Master Member

Re: SPINACH STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS

Post by omalani »

Sounds Greek and I love greek food!! Can't wait to try this in Calif. at my daughter's home. =p~
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I have to confess that I have not made these yet, but I am going to, the recipe really does sound delish, and so simple.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I have chicken cutlets already cooked and in my freezer. I think I'll cook up the filling and spoon it on top. As long as everything is there, it should all taste the same, right? Have a blessed Christmas, everyone!!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

What a great idea Patsy! That is keeping it simple. Sometimes I just have to get in the kitchen and get out with my meal instead of grazing before and after eating my meal. Nibbling while cooking and while you are putting leftovers away is a Quick way to put the weight on again, especially if you are making non-LDL food for other family members. It's a case of time and exposure, the longer you have to resist the temptation, the more you risk giving in and the more non-LDL you are around like at work, parties and potluck buffets the more you are tempted. Most of us are pretty obsessed with food in the first place. Live, love, laugh and LDL!
Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

This recipe is fantastic. Had it for lunch. I used lemon juice instead of the rind which I think would be nicer. If I hadn't let the breast thaw out it would have been easier. I used the stuff we always called spinach when I was a kid. I think most of you would call what I used, chard or silver beet. I didn't have any English spinach. I cooked it in my Multi Cooker which is my favourite gadget I could never do without. this recipe will be a wonderful standby, even nice enough for guests. :-*
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

That sounds relish!!! Thanks, Cameron!