Recipes and tips culled from old posts June 18, 2017

Great filling main dish recipes!
LisaJ
New, but learning

Recipes and tips culled from old posts June 18, 2017

Post by LisaJ »

I am enjoying going through some old posts. I am picking up some great tips and food combinations and I don't want to lose them. This subject is for my collection from the old posts. The first is for an option to replace potatoes at breakfast. It sounds wonderful and I would have never thought of it.

I too used to love potatoes for breakfast. It just seemed like a good thing to do.But no we open two cans chick peas . In a skillet we add a little olive oil then some diced onion and sautee. In meantime rinse and drain chick peas. Toss into skillet and sautee till brown and a little crunchy. Just like potatoes. Have them with an egg. Never eat potatoes any more for breakfast.
Judie

just wanted to tell you today I diced up some green, red and yellow and orange bell peppers and added to the sauteed onions and beans when browned them. I added beaten up eggs and poured over to make a sorta omelet/scrambled eggs. So good.
"Optimist: Someone who figured out that taking a step backward after taking a step forward isn't a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha."
LisaJ
New, but learning

Re: Recipes and tips culled from old posts June 18, 2017

Post by LisaJ »

Mashed beans with an egg and clove garlic blended and fried in patties- from Omalani.
"Optimist: Someone who figured out that taking a step backward after taking a step forward isn't a disaster, it's more like a cha-cha."
LisaJ
New, but learning

Post by LisaJ »

I wanted to keep the hummus recipe on my blog:
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups cooked, drained white beans, such as navy, Great Northern, or canellini
1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp. Key Lime Juice (or regular lime juice would be ok)
1/4 cup olive oil
Dash of Salt
1/2 cup water

From Omalani's Excellent Adventure
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lisa- This site has a wealth of recipes as does the book. Do you have the book? I have an entire notebook of recipes I have copied from this site. Mashed beans are an excellent substitute for mashed potatoes.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

My favorites are: Niki's Favorite bean soup, Butternut squash soup, Roasted garlic soup, and the yummy white bean soup in the book. Oooh and the curried chickpea soup. And if Little Mary submitted it, chances are it is delicious. Little Mary has worked very hard to provide the LDL community with so many great recipes.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/3/17
That's my manta - Life is good I love these boards and cooking all these wonderful foods. I have 2 quarts of veggie gumbo and 1/2 quart of taco soup in my fridge. It is definitely soup time.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11