BRATWURST!

Great filling main dish recipes!
TNangela

Re: BRATWURST!

Post by TNangela »

Warning Mary..If this works my husband may lay a big smooch on you!!  Brats are his downfall..the thing he misses the most!!  I have made sausage substitutes for him but never tried a brats sub...and knowing you are the spice queen I am sure these are going to be great for him!!! Thanks and I cant wait to try these for him as soon as I buy some mace!
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Ohhhhhhh - YESSSSSSS!!!  I LOVE bratwurst!  I am definitely going to try this. 

I've gone to a few grocery stores, looking to buy casings, but it appears that I'm going to have to go to a meat market...  I'd love to make them and do them on the grill - that's my very favorite way to make them...

Thank You, Mary!  You're a doll!

Love,
Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

I bought the mace today am making this tonight for him.....he is hopeful!  badspammersonville huh!!  thats funny but he actually was born in Paducah Ky, and grew up mostly in Missouri...so hes a transplant to badspammersonville...
thanks for the recipe and I will post the results later....I do not care for Brats but being the type of meat this is made from I am going to try them as well!!
ANG
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Mary,
I just made my second batch of these for the hubby, and realized I never posted his response to them....SORRY..
He loved them apparantly since I am preparing more!!  He said they tasted so yummy....they are such an easy food for him to reheat along with soups when I am not available....great recipe Mary!
ANG
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

We here in Germany love our "Bratwurst" and here are some spices we use :

1.Thüringer Bratwurst

~Salt, ground white pepper, ground caraway

2.Nürnberger Bratwurst/u]

~ Salt, white ground pepper, Mace, ground ginger, ground marjoram

Bratwurst, fränkisch/u]

~ Salt, ground black and white pepper,fresh ground nutmeg, ascorbic acid, garliv cloce mashed, marjoram, caraway , thyme, Oregano
abbys mom

Post by abbys mom »

Just wanted to say that this recipe (plus the added garlic and oregano) was wonderful! 

I made them into logs (like a sausage) then while they were cooking, cut them up in bigger chunks to cook all the way through.  Then I added to some fried onions that were carmelized and sliced peppers in just a tad EVOO with a smidge of tomato paste.

It was to die for!

--Abbys mom
julybug

Post by julybug »

I just found this recipe and will have to try it!!  bratwurst with onions and peppers  :drool: have been a quick stand by for my family.  I'll try freezing link shaped patties of these to be defrosted and cooked for a quick meal.  Thanks for all of your recipes!!!!
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

oh wow..i can't wait to try these.  mmmmm!!!  Mary you really are great when it comes to recipes  :kiss:
lisbeth
New, but learning

Post by lisbeth »

Maybe it will help for me to bring this up to the top again.  I make this at least once a month and it's really good.  You can freeze down individual pattys for instant bratwurst fixes.
lisbeth
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Lisbeth, Thanks for bringing this back up.  I just love the taste and have missed it.  Little Mary, you're so good on giving us great recipes.  :thumbsup:  *hug*  JF