Louisiana-style Turkey Stew

Great filling main dish recipes!
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Louisiana-style Turkey Stew

Post by Queenie »

Gee Mary,

I might have to go out and buy a turkey just so that I have leftovers to make all these wonderful recipes!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

boy Mom with all these great looking recipes are you sure you want to wait to cook that other turkey til Xmas??? I mean we're getting another one on Monday...we could just cook 2  on Thurs so we have PLENTY of leftovers!
(I know I know NOT FUNNY Veronica!)
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Veronica - I'm going to my parents' for Thanksgiving & there won't be any leftovers!!  I believe that I'm going to go get a turkey and cook it so that we will have leftovers!!

Heyyyyyyy - there's nothing wrong with that!! 

Carolyn

Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

What a great idea for the gift certificate! 

Now, Miss Mary - I've gotta tell you - Just the other day my mom & I were talking & she was saying something about Turkey Soup... the kind that you boil the carcass & then put things in....  I made the motion of putting my finger in my mouth & making an "aaacck" noise...  THAT'S how much I like turkey leftovers... so for me to say that I want to buy a turkey for the leftovers is a VERY amazing statement....

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

carolyn...you don't know what you're missing with boiling the carcass! You take out the bones before making it soup but this way all the extra little pieces of meat fall off and you still get the good turkey broth flavor! Put it in small bowls and freeze for when you need a base for some soup..mmmmm
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I love Turkey leftovers but previously it all went into pot pie or turkey stroganoff so I knew Id need a little help in the left over department this year.  Luckily I know now where to go for allowable food advice.  Thanks Dear Mary you are coming through with flying colors and now I will have many wonderful choices for the remaining Turkey!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sounds Yummy, Mary!  But then you've never failed us with one of your recipes!!  Thanks.
Pam