Insanely Delicious Quick Pizza

Great filling main dish recipes!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Insanely Delicious Quick Pizza

Post by LittlePrincess »

I had to work late the other night and I was tired tired tired and also hungry.  I wanted something savory and filling and hot because it was freezing cold outside. 

I opened my refrigerator and this is what I saw, one container of chicken for the next days lunch, a few pieces of veggie cheese, one little tub of all natural applesauce, a container of sauteed onions and mushrooms and some water. I looked in the cabinet and saw one can of green beans and one can of tomato paste. (Yes, I need to go to the store.  LOL) 

So, I decided to experiment.  I opened the tomato paste, smeared it over a corn thin, sprinkled garlic powder, oregano and pepper over it.  I added a slice of veggie mozzarella cheese (cut in half and placed in a + configuration on the corn thin, then a added a spoonful of the mushrooms and onions (I heated these up before adding them to the pizza)  I then placed this in the microwave and nuked it for about 25 seconds (times will vary by oven) and it was INSANELY delicious! 

I have had these a couple of times since then.  When I made them at work for lunch one day, I had to adjust the cooking time because the microwave is bigger.  It made the corn thins a lil chewy around the edges but still quite edible.  I love these because they are quick and easy and TOTALLY LDL friendly.  You can adjust the toppings to your likings and to your protein meal as well.  I would HIGHLY suggest you cook the toppings in advance though.  So the next time you are sauteeing onions and mushrooms, peppers , etc...just cook a lil extra or put aside a bit for later.  Then when you are pressed for time these are ready in a snap!  ;D

LDL ROCKS!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Re: Insanely Delicious Quick Pizza

Post by Forever Young »

These do sound delicious!  I will have to make these.  I finally found the corn thins and I haven't trierd them yet, but, maybe I will make thest tomorrow night for our snack (supper).  Since it is Saturday, we usually have main meal at noon.  We are meeting Aunts & Uncles with Mom for breakfast in the A.M.  SO.....thanks for the idea!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Tori

Post by Tori »

Love, love, LOVE this idea! We are former pizza fiends in this house, so I can't wait to try this! Thanks to Debbie sending me some Corn Thins, I can try all these wonderful Corn Thin recipes! Thanks for posting this. (:

And Debbie, thank YOU so much again for the Corn Thins!! 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I hope you guys like em.  :)

Let me know! 

(In Faith)  Little Princess

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Tori,
Youre so welcome Love.  Glad to help.  If it wasnt for cornthins I would have a hard time staying legal.  I suspect I am competing with someone now at the Wild Oats Store for my corn thins.....everytime I go to get my raincheck filled there are only like 6 on the shelf!!!!!  I might have to rethink my strategy for aquiring them in the future.
Debbie
Proud Aunt
New, but learning

Post by Proud Aunt »

Hello Everyone,
I have been reading all the messages on the board and I am really enjoying it. I have the book ,read it twice... where does one get these cornthins everyone is raving about!???????? I am ready to try them . This is my third week to try LDL. I have been over weight for 8 yrs now ... I think I am mentally ready only after GOD answered my prayer. Just give it up to HIM and he well carry it. He listened to the desires of my heart to take  away the desires of my mouth!!!! HE HE
It has been really easy its kinda scary???? Thank you Roger !!! May God bless you and your family.
TOO Proud Aunt
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Proudaunt,

Real Foods Original Corn Thins are usually found in health food stores...or on line.  Type in the search engine "corn thins" and you will find the source for on-line.  I found them when we called around to the health food stores the second time.  The first time no one had them.  We are allowed to have the original flavor and the new lemon-pepper ones due to the ingredients in the other flavors.  Hope this helps.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

If any of you are Amazon.com customers, I want to tell you that I found I.M. Healthy Unsweetened Soynut butter on their web site.  They only sell it by the case (6) for around $23.00.  I haven't checked to see if they carry Original Corn Thins, but who knows, maybe they can get them.  When I first saw the unsweetened butter, they said they weren't carrying them, so I put them on my wish list and the next time I checked, there they were.  PIZZA!!!!!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Loved the pizza recipe but where do you find vagetable mozarella?
Thanks.
KMartin
LRittle
New, but learning

Corn Thins and LDL Recipes....WOW!

Post by LRittle »

Hi, dont know what part of the country you are in...but I live in Florida. Our Publix grocery stores have Corn Thins of the shelves...and Nutrition Smart Health Food Stores carry them. They are so much cheaper at the grocery store than online. I just began looking in every store I shop in and "wallah", there they were on the shelf of my very own grocery store.
I heard about Corn Thins  and had no idea what they were or where to find them..but now that I have found them, I will keep them on hand for those very moments I need a snack or sandwich type meal. I made the LDL burgers and made them into meatballs and cooked them in no sugar marinara sauce. Now, I can have meatball sandwiches with the Corn Thins as my bun part. They are "awesome".
I made the Israili Chickpea Soup and the World's Most Filling Tomato Soup...and my husband loved them...we will be having these again soon. I am going to make the Creamy Cauliflower Soup next....boy, what great recipes I have found on the LDL site. Thank you to all who have developed these and then shared them! You are a blessing!
Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
julybug

Post by julybug »

I just read this and have been trying to think of a way to do this.  I have a 4 yr old that likes to make his own pizza on a slice of bread.  Now I can make myself one also every once in a while. 

This reminds me of the a quick sub for spaghetti noddles, use french green beans.  I like it  :D and it good for you.  I saw this somewhere else on the boards.

Thanks for sharing!!
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Julybug,

Please note that this post was made back at the beginning of 2007.  Back then we thought soy cheese was going to be a great answer.  Unfortunately alot of us who ate it gained weight.  These are still a great pizza substitute, just please us fat free cheese instead of the soy cheese.  :)  Hope you enjoy them!

(In Faith)  LP

Post by Joyful Friend »

I just love cornthins for a snack.  I need mushrooms so need to go to the store.  I want to fix the pizza.  The only food that I really miss, but not enough to order one.  The corn thins pizza sounds great.  I need to find pizza soup recipe.  I don't have so much time to  hunt to recipes.  Thanks to all who share. Forever Friend