Chickpea flour tart

Great filling main dish recipes!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Re: Chickpea flour tart

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Jeanne,
    You can buy the dry chick peas from bobs red barn also. Just look on line.  I bought a 20 pound bag from neighbor who sells bulk and kris shared with me. Maybe someone sells bulk foods near you.
                Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

jeanne.....just remember that there are dried chick peas and dried roasted chick peas....it's the dried roasted ones that are ready to eat like nuts.....
  bear in mind always that it took me 10 months to lose 35 pounds...i went 2 months TWICE without losing an ounce...when i added soy and added raisins to my chick peas, i stopped losing weight and in fact GAINED weight..so i had to follow let's do lunch really strictly to lose weight...so, i always give advice based on what i followed and what i found successful for me...i don't know how successful i would have been if i ate certain things that i see other people are able to eat and still lose weight.....i just really know what worked for me...niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Niki,

Thus far the only Chickpeas I have found...are cooked in the cans.  I have to check further and see if I can find ANY of the dried ones.  DH won't let me order on-line as he is afraid of identity theft.  SO...that limits me.

I would love to try the tart/pizza crust.  Also would love to make some of the dry roasted ones for snacks.  But...like I said...first priority is...I HAVE TO FIND SOME FIRST!

Have a great and blessed day everyone!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

i am surprised that you can't get the dried chick peas anywhere...what i'm talking about is different than the dried ones in the bag...they're ready to eat, like nuts....they're dry...but, they're a nice substitute for something crunchy....if you go in the search engine, you can find a couple of recipes for making them and you CAN use the canned ones..i think someone posted a recipe for "chick pea poppers"....and there's rhea's recipe to make soynuts that she successfully used to make chick peas.....when i work, i get out at 3...i often don't even have time to eat...i usually bring cut up vegetables and munch on them while i do paperwork...then, my "dessert" are some chick peas......but, i wasn't kidding when i said that as soon as i would sit down at the desk to eat them,i have had as many as 6 people come over to take some...they crack me up...the dr who came over to try some is italian...and he knew what they were and when i commented that i realized that they were dry, he disagreed and said he loved them....i never thought italians eat these...greeks and now i know that indians do too(they call them chana)...have you tried the international section of your supermarket?....you won't be able to get the roasted ones in indiana...but, i think if you look, you should be able to find the dried ones...now margo, living in the "melting pot" of ethnicity can take a ride 10 minutes from her house and get them salted, unsalted, double roasted.....
  but try making them the next time you have a cool day...now, today i'm going to go buy split chicken breasts that are on sale, soak cannelini beans tonight and make a big pot of avgolemano soup tomorrow......love it.............niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Linda Coop

avgolemano soup

Post by Linda Coop »

Where do I find the avgolemano soup?  Linda
Linda Coop

avgolemano soup

Post by Linda Coop »

Is the recipe for Avgolemano soup on this site?  Linda
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yes
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi linda....this is the first time i've been on my computer today...i worked and then went to a garden show with my friend....then i stopped at my friend's house and just got home.............
    you like greek stuff..................i hope you try the avgolemono soup....what you can do is keep the bowl that you beat the egg in and taste the soup and see if it's thick enough and to your liking...you could always beat another egg, add a little more lemon juice and repeat what you go through to add it to the soup..........
    i have greek souvlaki posted, stuffed grape leaves, lemon marinated chicken, greek vegetable stew, greek lentil soup, greek meatballs and a lot of other stuff......have you tried the greek bean soup(fasoulada)?.....the best thing about it is that it's EASY..................it's not much harder than opening a can of soup..............happy eating.....................niki