Chickpea flour tart

Great filling main dish recipes!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Chickpea flour tart

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi All, I think these are ldl friendly. If it is not a good recipe I will surely remove it,
      Chickpea flour tart with roasted peppers and goat cheese.

Tart
1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups chickpea flour
3 cups water
salt and pepper to taste

roasted pepper topping

1 tbl chopped fresh herbs,marjoram,thyme and savory
4 cloves garlic peeled
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
4red or yellow or green peppers or any combo
quarted
1/4 pound of mild goat cheese
  mix tart ingredients in bowl to create batter and let stand for 1 hour. grease a pizza pan with 1 tbl olive oil
  preheat oven to 400
chop herbs garlic and salt until chunky. Mix olive oil and black pepper in a large bowl add the quartered peppers and toss. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes. Peppers should be browned on edges.
        pre heat the broiler. Pour a thin layer (about 1/8 in.)of tart batter onto prepared pizza pan. Place the pan under broiler as close as possible. Broil for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with tbl of olive oil. Broil 5-10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slide onto a serving plate and cut to serving pieces. Top with prepared peppers. and crumbled cheese. Then enjoy!
    Now I haven't made these yet as I am waiting for the flour to come. I had to order from the internet. Soooooooo
    If anyone tries them soon let me know how they are.
                          Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Re: Chickpea flour tart

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Roger,
      I have not made this recipe yet because my flour has not come in the mail. I was thinking about the amount recomended for the oil and cheese.
  I don't really like goat cheese but feta is great. Maybe Mary can help to alter this recipe. It just seemd like it would be tasty. We will see maybe I won't like it at all.  Thanks for your help.
      Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

mary help-Re: Chickpea flour tart

Post by snowbirdie »

hi mary !help! I want to make this as soon as my flour comes and Roger would like some changes to make it legal. What can you suggest? 
            Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

roger
    I don't know but I sure can try! Maybe I can try that today. Thank you much.    Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

mary and the olive oil

Post by snowbirdie »

Mary I wasn't so much concerned about the chick pea flour as the amounts of olive oil and how much do you think I should use. Of course if the flour causes a problem I would just abandon the recipe. Roger says the olive oil is way too much. I thought we could use chick peas?t o eat not to shoot . Lol      Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

mary,

Thanks for your help, I don't mean to pest, I just want to get it right.  Judie
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Hi All..
I am a real creatvie cook..so I tried the Chickpea flour Tart and made a few adjustments and WOW...what  a surprise!!
I adjusted the recipe in this way:
Dough Recipe:
3Tbls olive oil (EVOO)
2 cups chickpea flour
1 cup popcorn flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups water
Salt and Pepper
Mix in a bowl and let sit while you roast your veggies(it starts watery, but will thicken as it sits)

Veggie Toppings:
4 cloves garlic(I used chopped garlic equal to the 4 cloves)
2 tsp. sea salt
2 Tblspoons Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 onion, sliced in thick sliced
4 peppers ( I used red, orange and yellow ones)  seeded and cut in quarters
Mix all together in a dish, put on greased cookie shieet ( Ilined mine for easy clean up)  and roast in 4oo degree oven for 20 minutes

Slice a large ripe tomato in thin slices, season ( I used salt, pepper, oregano, basil and thyme again)
Let sit till peppers are done

Spray Cookie sheet or Pizza pan with Olive Oil spray
Spread the Chickpea dough out with a spatula to cover the whole sheet (don't worry, it will hold together when baked!)
Lay the seasoned tomato slices on top and add the roasted veggies also
Sprnklle 1 cup Fat Free Cheese ( I had FF Mozarella in the fridge)
Bake in 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes ( I like mine crispy,so I did it 25 minutes).
Cut and enjoy...it is delicious! My DH wants me to keep some on hand for his snack time (hmmm???)

I know it is a bit different from the original, but I am a "one pan dish" gal, if possible which is the reason why I made this as a veggie type pizza. Also, I used home made chick pea flour...ground up dried chick peas in a Vita Mix.
I hope you will like this as much as we have....Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Linda,

It SOUNDS fantastic!  I am going to print this out so that I can try it.  Thanks for your experimenting.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

HI  Thank  you so very very much! Im off to the store for peppers and then it will be lunch time.  OH yum.

Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Wow was this ever good! Kris was here and had a piece and took some home for supper. Holy smokes it was good. I cooked it on a pizza pizzazz pizza baker. The crust I baked first while the peppers cooked. When the crust was done I put on the tomatoes and onions then the peppers then the cheese. Back onto the oven till cheese melted and browned.  Sure was good. Served it with corn on cob.
            Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi,
    Last nite I made the tart crust and then made it into pizza. What I want to know is do you think it would be okay to use the remaining crust ,plain,cut into serving pieces then serve with soup?
                        Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi judie......i'm the one who first brought up the subject of chick peas...i got the idea to put them in my food processor and make a flour out of them that i used as a filler for meatballs and to coat chicken for my oven fried chicken recipe.......
mary is the ceo of the bean brigade and holds the food police title...but i am also a purist and believe in following let's do lunch JUST the way roger troy(hi roger)followed it to lose the weight of a couple of people.....so, i would suggest this as something you ate to satisfy a craving and would continue to rely on the tried and true let's do lunch food staples.....they REALLY work.....when i'm strictly doing let's do lunch, i have NO desire to eat ANYTHING that at all reminds me of the things that i shouldn't eat......sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Judie,
I can see no reason why you could not eat the rest of this with soup.  I need to find some dried chick peas to make this.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Jeanne,
      Thats what I thought too. It is really good. You can make your own flour by grinding your self or you can buy the flour at Bobs red barn on line store but Rodger does not reccomend this as something else could have been ground before on same mill and mixed in. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do. We don't eat this to satisfy a craving as I never craved Pizza,but I make it because it is good. Beans and lots of fresh veggies.  Have a nice day.      judie
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Judie,
First of all I have to find dry chickpeas.  So far the only ones I have found are in the cans.  SO....First things first!  Thanks for the good sounding "base" for pizza/bread, etc.
Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on August 6th, 2007, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!