Easy Mexican Chicken

Great filling main dish recipes!
Mary J
Master Member

Re: Easy Mexican Chicken

Post by Mary J »

I had this today too for my lunch.. And just now put it in the oven for hubby.. we love the black beans and salsa on it.... YUMMM... I cook it for 18 mins,,,on 450 degree's, take out of oven and let sit for another  5 to 8 mins.... it is moist and juicy.. love it with sweet corn on the side, also had some avacado...

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Jenny35

Post by Jenny35 »

This was my second meal W/ ldl! Wonderful!!!! Thank you. Thanks to you and my aunt Becky for bringing me on board with LDL!!!
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Is this Jenny from The Parlour?  I think, since you mentioned Aunt Becky....  This is one of my all time favorites,,, so easy and sooooo GOOD... I always have corn and avacado with it...  Its perfect!
Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
nanlaw
New, but learning

Post by nanlaw »

This sound so good I bet my kids would eat it
Hair Guru
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Nan, if you don't tell them it's healthy, I guarantee you the wonderful aroma will bring them around at mealtime.  Plus, it's fun opening the individual packages. 
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Whoever was asking for this recipe did us all a big favor.  It is in my LDL cookbook but I haven't made it for a while even though it is one of my favorites for a meal that is quick to make and delicious.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Sounds delicious to me! :drool:
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I'm going to make this for dinner this Sunday, it really does sound good.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Bought a bag of a frozen veggie dish that seemed similar. Had sweet potatoes, corn, black beans, onions and peppers.
It had some questionable ingredients in the seasoning but I bought it anyway to try it for the taste and maybe come up with my own recipe.
I added some leftover chicken breast to it.
It definitly must have tasted like this dish except without tomatoes or salsa.
It was pretty spicy.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It is my go-to recipe when I want something a little extra and have little time.  It looks and taste like it took a long time to prepare. *evil*, but it is a quick fix dish.  Thanks again for the recipe.  May use it for Mother's Day.  :thumbsup:  JF
sgarvey
New, but learning

Post by sgarvey »

Newbie here.  I've been on the plan a week.  Not feeling lighter yet, but feeling so much better overall.  I wonder if you could do this with a flounder or cod fillet?  So excited... made the announcement at work and home and am receiving so much support.  When it starts to show I'm sure I'll be referring more people to this website to get the book!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome, SGarvey,
Great to have you aboard.
I remember feeling so much better after starting LDL and talking and talking about it.
But early on, it looked like nothing had changed so I felt like I was talking to a wall.
It seemed like it took forever for the clothes to get loose, but I hung in there for months!
When the weight did drop, it seemed to drop all at once and it felt so good to hear people calling me skinny and asking what I was doing.
Stay with it, and it will happen for you also.
Even now, 2 years into this, I ran into 2 previous coworkers who had not seen me in a long time and they were amazed.
Of course, when I tell them the bread has to go, they have to think about!
Even if you don't convince anyone else, it is so worth it to your own health to stay on plan.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- I'm reading the book Wheat Belly.  It explains why wheat is no longer a good food for our bodies.  I know you have been passing out excerpts of this book.  The book is full of information and (can you believe it), a fun read!  i highly recommend it.  I think it would convince those bread-lovers.    Pam
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

i know, linda, that is the biggest hurdle for people, is bread! i don't know how many people i have told about this plan that have said, "oh, i can't do that plan, i can't live without bread."  

really? come on people.  i have not had one single piece of bread since april.  not one!! and i am alive and kicking!! not one single solitary piece of bread....don't crave it, don't want it, don't even think about it!

i don't know, maybe it's just me...

jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks Pam, will have to get the book.
I don't understand people who continue to consume stuff that is killing them either, Jo, especially when there is so much good stuff to eat in place of it.
Linda

sgarvey
New, but learning

Post by sgarvey »

Thank you for the welcome Linda!  I have never been able to resist pizza or French bread or chips and queso...  Already have no craving for them. I'm a little worried about stress because that has always been my breaking point, but I feel so good now I think this way of living will help me get through the hard times.  Trying the Mexican chicken tomorrow!! Cooking the beans today.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Linda and Pam, I will get that book.  I know I feel so much better without the bread.  Jo, I can't believe people.  I have the same responses.  They think I'm deprived, but if they could only see me eat the wonderful other foods---no cravings and I feel great.  Sgarvey, you will love this WOE.  :thumbsup:
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome, sgarvey- You will love this way of eating and and all the wonderful support you will receive on these boards.  Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

sgarvey wrote:Newbie here.  I've been on the plan a week.  Not feeling lighter yet, but feeling so much better overall.  I wonder if you could do this with a flounder or cod fillet?  So excited... made the announcement at work and home and am receiving so much support.  When it starts to show I'm sure I'll be referring more people to this website to get the book!

A big WELCOME to our LDL family.  I think you could easily make this recipe with fish.  In fact, I am going to try it myself -- good suggestion!

Also, I am so happy for you that you are getting support from family and friends.  My husband supported me and he loved every meal I made and he lost weight too!