Ingredients:
4 fillets Tilapia
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon. quartered
sea salt
lavender lemon pepper
walnut oil

Serves 4

Preheat oven to 400°, spread about 1 tablespoon walnut oil in bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place Tilapia fillets in bottom of pan and apply walnut oil to tops of fillets with a pastry brush.
Spread minced garlic over fillets.
Sprinkle with sea salt and lavender lemon pepper over all.
Squeezed fresh lemon quarters over fillets, leaving rinds in pan.
Place in oven and bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until fillets flake easily with a fork.
Serve with Mango Avocado Salsa.

Mango Avocado Salsa
Ingredients:
1 mango, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 medium red onion, diced
1-2 avocadoes, diced
½ bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
sea salt, to taste
Mix the mango, red pepper, onion and avocado in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and rice vinegar; pour over mixture and toss to coat.

PO Box 2485 . Rockwall, Texas 75087 . 888.442.2124 . http://www.bioinnovations.net/
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Sharolyn

Re: Baked Talapia

Post by Sharolyn »

Linda, this looks yummy! We eat a lot of tilapia, too. Need to pick up a mango, avocado's & fresh cilantro. Have you tried this?
Shari

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Have not tried it yet. Watched it being fixed on TV cooking demo.
Looked good and I have not been very successful fixing anything other than breaded fish, so I will try this one for sure.
I have the Walnut oil, but will have to leave off the cilantro...hubby says it tastes like soap to him.
Need to get some mangos & avacodos too
Last edited by LINDA RN on March 14th, 2012, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I have everything but walnut oil and mango.  I will probably founder myself. :laughing:  I like things like this.  Thanks, Linda. :)  JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Cindy said you could use olive oil, but she said the walnut oil gave it a great flavor and aroma.
Linda

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Going to try this today with some chicken wings I had in the freezer I need to use up.
Bought the Mango slices at Sam's and Avacoto at Wal-Mart.
Hope it turns out OK.
Don't have Cilantro and will use some sweet banana peppers and a little chopped jalepeno (no seeds)

5:30 pm
This is definitely a weekend recipe.
It actually turned out great but seemed like it took me a while to fix.
Even though neither hubby or I ever ate mangos or avacado before LDL, this salsa was very good.
I thought I had rice wine vinegar but what I had was red wine with garlic. It still was very good.
I think you could use any dressing in it but it only will need a couple tablespoons for a big bowl.
I feel like I am ready now to bake Talapia!
Last edited by LINDA RN on March 18th, 2012, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda