Roasted Corn Nuts??

Great filling main dish recipes!
MaryB

Roasted Corn Nuts??

Post by MaryB »

I found the Soynuts and love them.  I also found Corn Nuts. The ingrediants are corn, salt and soybean and or canola oil.  :wrong: That might be the kicker, the canola oil. Can I add raisins to my soynuts to make a mix?
Thanks for the help. :)
Mary Ann

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Dr. Thomas Fuller
niki
Administrator

Re: Roasted Corn Nuts??

Post by niki »

you can add raisins to your soy nuts......for all those here with thyroid disease, beware of soy....................
those corn things?....corn nuts.....stay away from them...they're too processed to be good for you...and loaded with fat....corn thins or popcorn a MUCH better choice.....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

:stop:I won't eat Corn Nuts for another reason. About 15 years ago my daughter brought home a bag of them and I took one and just popped it in my mouth and ended up shattering a tooth. After many years - found at it was actually 3 roots that were ruined. Lots of dental work and money later( about $10,000.00) The dentist kept trying to save a couple of the teeth. I am now on my 2nd implant (the first one failed) at $3,000.00. I wouldn't eat them even if we could. My dentist told me "you might as well eat rocks". I think I will stick with the Corn Thins. :)
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Thanks for the advice. I added the raisins to my soy nuts and I love the mix.  I won't eat the corn nuts. I knew it was too good to be true. :laughing:
Mary Ann

Dr. Thomas Fuller
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

MaryB wrote:Thanks for the advice. I added the raisins to my soy nuts and I love the mix.  I won't eat the corn nuts. I knew it was too good to be true. :laughing:

good for you........i've seen people ask questions like that and then continue doing what they were doing as if they never asked...............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Niki,
Thanks. That is why I ask. This is the first time I really have been able to follow a plan, enjoy it, not be hungry and feel better. I am waiting for the book (still)  :sad: and want to desperately keep on track. If it was not for people like you to help out the newbies I do not know what I would do.
Thank so much :rose: :rose:
Mary Ann

Dr. Thomas Fuller
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

MaryB wrote:Thank so much :rose: :rose:

that's nothing...it's my pleasure to help you.....i look forward to your success..............niki
ceejay

Post by ceejay »

I do have thyroid issues and have been told to avoid all soy products. Are there any options for nuts and milk that will fit on the program? I am just getting started.