LITTLE MARY'S BEEF POTATO PIE (A MUST!)

Great filling main dish recipes!
EnJae
Master Member

Re: LITTLE MARY'S BEEF POTATO PIE (A MUST!)

Post by EnJae »

Hey I tried a switch on this dish.
1) I still don't have a working oven;
AND
2) my brother will eat anything I prepare BUT he'd rather not have the mock potatoes (mashed white beans) if he doesn't have to;
SO:
I used the ingredients, minus the mock potato topping, and made it in the crockpot. It tastes great!
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Thanks NJ .. Like you, I mostly use a crock-pot because my oven doesn't work .. (ok, it works .. every time I use it, it smokes like a chimney ... I know it needs to be cleaned out real well .. and to be honest .. I don't know how to do it ..)
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey Tom!
How's it going with you?
I'm doing really good on my eating lately. It sure makes me feel better!

When I made this for the crockpot I browned the meat and put that in the crockpot first. I bought the carrots slivers in the grocery produce department, like you use for salads, because when I am tired I am more likely to slip and cut myself. My store also has chopped onions, I used 1 cup. Usually I can also find chopped celery but they didn't have any this time around. So I chopped two celery stalks without adding any finger bits to it; threw all the veggies and then the liquids into the pot and turned it on low all day.
Yummy!

Hey, is your stove just dirty? Some electric stoves have a setting for self cleaning, you just lock the door and set it for cleaning. I don't know if any modern gas stoves have that option.
And you can always buy oven cleaner at the store and spray the inside of your oven down. Follow the instructions on the can. Be aware that it is a VERY messy job and dress appropriately.

Or you could just leave it alone like you've been doing and never clean it...
:D

NJ
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I made this recipe 2 days ago. The guys in my family went back for second helpings. I absolutely loved it. I will make this again. Thanks Mary!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Love this recipe!