Quick & Easy Chicken/Steak Fajitas

Great filling main dish recipes!
malmq

Quick & Easy Chicken/Steak Fajitas

Post by malmq »

Make a mixture of:
your favorite salsa, I use Pace because it's not too chunky and has more liquid.
squeeze of lime
chopped garlic
very little oil
Chicken breasts
Flank steak - - tenderized by piercing with fork and adding a little tenderizer.  I rub the flank w/ moist hands before adding tenderizer so it takes very little to coat the flank.

Lets say you have 6 cups salsa - -
add as much garlic to taste,
a squeeze of 1/2 lime (I use bottled lime juice or the little plastic limes filled w/ pure lime juice),
and 1/4 - 1/8 cup of canola or olive oil.

Put your chicken breasts into a plastic storage bag, same w/ flank,  and pour mixture over meat.   Marinate for at least an hour but the longer the better.

Grill meats or put under broiler for that grilled taste.  I grill steak first so I can cover it w/ aluminum foil to rest which pulls the juices back into the meat before cutting it across the grain.  Then the chicken while the meat is resting.

Cook a large pot of sliced onions & a mixture of peppers (yellow, red, & green) in a small amount of olive oil seasoned w/ a little salt at the very end of the cooking process.  .   Adding salt at the beginning tends to pull the moisture from onions.

ENJOY !!!   This recipe is a MUST  with my family and friends !!