Fast and Easy Chicken

Great filling main dish recipes!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Fast and Easy Chicken

Post by Joyful Friend »

Fast and Easy Chicken

l large skillet with a lid --1/4 cup OO, 11/2 cups of chopped onions, 2-4 garlic cloves, minced

5 frozen chicken breasts

1 large jar of salsa (Look at ingredients)

16 oz of frozen broccoli

Put OO in skillet with  onions and garlic, saute for a minute

Add  frozen chicken  breasts.  Place lid on skillet-cook approximately 5 minutes

Cut chicken breasts into chunks with heavy spatula.

Cook another few minutes, Add the jar of hot  or medium salsa--can even add more hot sauce

Add frozen broccoli; replace lid

Cook a few minutes more.    I moved the mixture to a crockpot, and added my broccoli.  It stayed warm until dinner.

Can sprinkle ff cheese on each serving. It can be refrigerated-better rewarmed.  I tripled the recipe and served with rice if people wanted it.

Enjoy, Joyful Friend
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Fast and Easy Chicken

Post by VickiLynn »

Joyful,

What a wonderful recipe for when I forget to take something out of the freezer for lunch.  Thank you.
donnanet
New, but learning

Post by donnanet »

This sounds great, I'll try it this weekend.  I am soooo guilty about forgetting to thaw out chicken for dinner.  Thanks for the recipe!
redkat

Post by redkat »

Joyful Friend,

I tried this recipe, but cooked it in my pressure pot instead of crock pot (it has brown setting, then I can pressure-cook it).  I did cook it a little too long, and the broccoli was mushy, but it tasted really good.

I then tried a version of this idea.  Instead of the broccoli, I used 1 can of black beans, 1 can of pinto beans (rinse beans) and a bag of frozen corn.  This was really good as well and is now one of my current "faves".  It makes a filling lunch that is easy to pack and reheats really well, if not better than the day it was cooked.  Thank you for the idea.
Kathy