LITTLE MARY'S TAMALE PIE!

Great filling main dish recipes!
EllenSue
New, but learning

Re: LITTLE MARY'S TAMALE PIE!

Post by EllenSue »

Love!  Love!  Love!  the Little Mary's Tamale Pie!  This is the second LDL recipe (LDL burgers were the first) that I've made in Week ONE of this journey.  I am amazed at how good this is.  I grew up in El Paso, Texas on the border of Mexico...and the Tamale Pie flavors are legit. 

I mixed in two things to the top layer for my own taste buds:  1 Tbsp of cilantro(gives a bit of color to the white beans) and several dashes of Cholula (a mexican style Tabasco type sauce) for a bit of a bite.

Thank you, Little Mary!  No wonder you overshot your goal with your cooking skills!  Ellen
Ellen Sue
Denver, Colorado

Started LDL  6/20/2011
Gluten Free since 9/2009

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome, Ellen Sue!  Yes, Little Mary's recipes have made Let's Do Lunch a success for many of us.  I hope you find the success you are looking for.  If you really follow the principles of LDL, you should find the same success many of us have found.  I never would have believed anything would work so well, if I hadn't experienced it for myself.  God bless!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all,
      I realize this is an old post.  But I made it today but put all ingredients in the crock pot and let it go. I did not put on the topping. It was so very good. No fuss,no muss and ever so yummy. You gotta give it a try.
                              Judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Little Mary,
    Yes it is getting chilly. I can tell it is getting cold cause feliz my chihuahua wont go outside. I tell her lets go and she hides somewhere . Alas she has to use a wee wee pad when it gets cold. My little baby!  lol.
      Yes we had little bits of snow and sleet already but nothing stayed.
        I have been putting lots of meals in the crock pot and when
it is time to eat it is all ready and nice and hot.
        I don't know what goes into the crock pot today.
for breakfast we had chick peas cooked in skillet with onions fried till hot and brown.  So good. have a good day.
                  Judie
ukgrad77
New, but learning

Post by ukgrad77 »

I just made this for the first time last night.........WOW!  I don't know how you do it Mary.........yet another winner in  my book!  Thank you for sharing all your delicious recipes.

Another Mary
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

This is the Tamale Pie I made this week that we all loved so much and ate it all up in 2 days!! :) Mary, you are so wonderful to post all of your yummy recipes here for us to make!! Thank you!! I can't wait to try so many more of these recipes. My husband is glad that this woe is so much more than fruit & beans! :D

Shari
Shari

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I want to bring this recipe back up for those newbies that maybe have never tried it.  I have it in my oven right now!!  :drool:  This is really good and will surprise you at just how good it is.  I haven't made it in a while, and like usual, I don't exactly follow the recipe, but the general idea of it and it is always tastes sooooo good. 
tres

Post by tres »

Crick, I just made this Tuesday.  So good!  Thanks Mary for a yummy recipe.  Great for a cold day.

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It is so like comfort food,  but you have the comfort of knowing it won't make you fat!!!  :laughing:  My husband isn't really fond of beans, but he ate it.  I think he thought the top really was potatoes, because he asked me if there were beans in the filling.  I told him yes, and then added that the topping was beans too.  He liked it, but wasn't going to look overly enthusiastic.  :D  He couldn't let me know that the beans were OK.