Wendy's Cabbage Lasagna

Great filling main dish recipes!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Wendy's Cabbage Lasagna

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I thought I had put this on the main meal boards before but couldn't find it so will list it again for anyone who wants to try it.

Cabbage Lasagna

1/2 head of cabbage cut in long strips
1 lb Ex Lean burger
1 Jar of Spaghetti sauce or make your own
1/4 med. onion  chopped
2 Tbs minced garlic
1 stalk of celery chopped finely
Mixed shredded cheese ( to taste on top)

Brown burger, onions, celery & garlic.  When browned add sauce and stir.  Put cabbage in bottom of glass oven safe dish.  Add spaghetti sauce evenly over cabbage.  Sprinkle cheese on top and cover with foil.  Cook at 350 for 45 min. 
I eat this with cottage cheese and mix as I am eating it.
This can actually be made with the cabbage and how ever you usually make your lasagna.  It is one of those dishes that the second day it is even better tasting.  I end up making it different all the time by what ever I have available for veggies I dump it in and brown with meat.

I also use raw cabbage strips and make spaghetti sauce.  I put the raw cabbage on my plate and put the sauce over top.  I then add cheese and melt for just a minute and eat.  Cabbage is always delicious raw or cooked.
lrainbow2006

Re: Wendy's Cabbage Lasagna

Post by lrainbow2006 »

This sounds absolutely delicious.  I used to make a cabbage casserole even before LDL...this will be a nice change.

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
bingo

Post by bingo »

Hi Wendy,,,my dh an I just saw this  recipe this morning and  we Have to try it,,,,,Like Right NOW !!! :D I know we will enjoy it , as we like cabbage,,,,,thanks for  sharing ,,,,,Have a great day the Lord has provided for us today,,,,bingo
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Bingo, I tried it last week. You are going to love it!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
bingo

Post by bingo »

OH  MY  GOSH !! Wendy,,,this is such a Deelicious dish !!!  We enjoyed it so much and sooo easy to  put together it went into my bookmarks,,,,thanks again :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:......bingo
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Thanks
This is one of my favorite dishes.  I love to make enough so I can eat it for days.  Glad you all have enjoyed it.
brittanynicole

Post by brittanynicole »

:D Wow! So I'm just now getting back into the LDL way of eating and this was my first thing I made! It was soo delicious!! doesn't taste like diet food at all!! Wow props to you Wendy  :D my husband even loves it and he is defenitely not into eating healthy

yummmyyyy!!! the whole pan is already gone haha

thanks so much for the recipe!
BreeBree

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome I don't think I have seen your name before.  How long ago were you on LDL?
I am so glad you liked the recipe.  I haven't made it for awhile so will have to do so soon.  One of my favorites!
Kathie

Welcome Brittany

Post by Kathie »

Hi Brittany..welcome back? You might have been here before but I do not remember..glad you are having a good start with the fine food on the board. The lasagna is something that I have wanted to try myself.  Sounds like it is getting good reviews. That Wendy sure is a good cook!
Sure nice to have you here!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Roger, When I made this, I layered it just like you would regular lasagna and fat-free cottage cheese was one of the layers. Very good that way.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

The nice thing about this recipe is it can be made to suit what ever you want.  It certainly could be made with the cottage cheese and cheese on top and covered with foil.  The real taste as far as I am concerned comes mainly from the cabbage mixed with the sauce.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

So basically Wendy is using pasta sauce over cabbage. I got to thing of other pasta dishes and wondered if anyone has come up with a butter bean alfedo sauce?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...