Pizza Crust - LDL Style

Great filling main dish recipes!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Pizza Crust - LDL Style

Post by LINDA RN »

I think the original pizza crust used garbanzo bean flour. Some people reported weigh gains or stall substiuting bean flour in recipes.
The recipes that use cooked beans probably would be OK.
For some reason grinding the beans into flour is like processing them.
You would just have see how it affects you. The more recent recipes may be more acceptable for frequent use.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Seen a show on TV tonight where a lady takes recipes and makes them much lighter.  The episode was about pizza.  In one recipe she used egg (or egg substitute) in a pan and flipped it over and added toppings, including salsa as the sauce, which she said makes it tangy.  In another recipe she made something she called pizzafied chicken, where she pounded a piece of chicken breast very thin and seasoned it with salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and browned it three minutes on each side.  Then she topped it with a sauce she made from canned crushed tomatoes that she seasoned with the same seasonings as the chicken.  After that she topped it with some sauteed veggies and then a piece of string cheese, pulled apart into strips (which could be replaced with the fat free cheese recommended on LDL.  Just thought these two recipes would work with LDL.  Jerrie
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thanks for sharing Jerrie!  Can't wait to try it.  I love all of the sharing of excellent food ideas.  Aside from Pizza ideas, I take an egg (like used for an omelet) and turn into a crepe.  This crepe is wrapped around a roasted (skin and seeds removed) poblano with a little FF cheese and mashed pintos on the side and is one of my favorite meals.  I'll have to try it this way too.
Last edited by Anonymous on February 22nd, 2011, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Jerrie,

The eggs dish you mentioned sound like what Wendygoodnews does. She calls it pizza omelet.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Mylifeforhim - thanks for the idea on the crepe.  It sounds really good.  I'll have to try it.

Ollie - thanks for the info on the pizza omelet.  I'll look up Wendysgoodnews' recipe.

Jerrie :)
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

A couple other ideas I have tried.  I have made a very flat meatloaf , baked it, and used pizza sauce and toppings.  I have also baked a bean crust (as above) and then spread it with hummus , added the pizza toppings and baked.  The hummus is like the "cheese."  I guess we are on the eternal quest for an acceptable pizza.  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Pam , I love your ideas!

Please keep them coming!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

There is just something about the smell of pizza.
I had to buy car tags the other day and the place was right next to a pizza restaurant.
It was the first time in nearly a year and a half I even gave pizza a second thought, but I did think, ummmm that smells so good.
The next night DH said he had been hoping I would bring pizza home. I didn't. I resisited! :wacko:
Last edited by LINDA RN on March 9th, 2011, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
mely920
New, but learning

Post by mely920 »

:)[quote="LINDA RN"]
I started this thread  to help keep some wonderful pizza recipes in one place for the newbies. Although they are my posts, they are not my recipes, so I will give credit where credit is due.....

From Roger Troy Wilson:
Pizza Crust - LDL - Once in a While

Rinse and drain a can of great northern beans and dump it into the blender
Add 2 egg whites, a little olive oil, a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian spices
Blend and pour into a sprayed pie dish
Bake at 425 degrees until it sets
Add any toppings you like and finish baking
This comes out like pizza-has a firm crust
Just be sure to use LDL toppings and go easy on the fat-free cheese

RT

I love your ideas........
Melissa Munoz
a new me

Post by a new me »

Im going to make this today. It sounds great. What size can of northen beans did you use? Im assuming you drained them right?
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq3jtO4/]
[/url]