My LDL Journey

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
hopefull

Re: My LDL Journey

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations and Welcome! You are quickly learning what we are all raving about. Yeahhhhhh!
and a Happy Thanksgiving to all.
hugs,
Bobbi
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thank you Bobbi!  I love to hear of your happiness with LDL!  I really get it.  :thumbsup:  Happy Thanksgiving!
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

What a marvelous testimonial!! Thanks for sharing and giving God the glory. These words will ring so true to many folks who may never meet you on this earth; heaven is the ultimate goal for all of us.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

mylifeforhim,

First of all I'd like to apologize for missing this post and all I can say is, "Thank You God!" I'm so glad that you were able to recover from your stroke because so many don't. And you're right, the LDL program is a life-saver and God will provide what we need. All we have to do is ask.

I don't know how many people were on the boards when I first started LDL but I have a friend that I spoke about that is what doctors call a "functional alcoholic." In other words, he could hold down a full time job but drank himself to sleep every night. His wife had passed due to breast cancer and it was his way of dealing with the pain. LDL is what saved him. The large amount of fruit replaced his craving for Vodka and he's been sober for almost two years.

I honestly think God worked through me to help him. I was looking for a WOE to lose weight and my friend never would have heard of LDL had I not started the program. God has plans for you, too. He's going to work through you to help others, after all, he led you here for a reason just as he did me AND gave you the determination/fight/will to recover from your stroke. That experience alone allowed you to see what others in that position go through. Maybe it has something to do with rehabilitation but only He knows. Just move out of his way and let him continue to take the lead.

*hug*
CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on March 17th, 2011, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Wow!  What a beautiful, inspiring, & heartwarming testimony.  Thanks MLFH for sharing your story.  This forum that God has provided through Roger and his helpers is a wonderful "extra" for our journey of good eating............a secret ingredient IMHO.

Thanks also to granalin and CQ for bringing this back to the top.  I might have missed it otherwise.
CQ, I'm also glad to hear "the rest of the story" regarding your friend.  Last I knew, you were introducing him to LDL.  It's another beautiful story.

*hug*
mrsj
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Granalin, thank you for your kind words.  My greatest desire is that I can help others in any way possible and to let them know that hope is alive!  God brought me back and there were times I was so lost and gone, yet today I can't believe how far I have come.  I give God all of the glory as it seemed like it would never happen.  Here's to our ultimate goal and meeting place!  :thumbsup:

CQ, for the first time (4 years now) I did not celebrate the recovery time from my stroke.  :D  I did the first 3 as a marker for recovery.  The reason is God has moved me so far from it, the day it passed I did not think about it or realize it!  I didn't realize it until several weeks later.  :thumbsup:  I am so happy to hear about your friends recovery!  You truly were (and are) such a blessing to him in his most trying times.  I see God working through you and using LDL to help so many others. You always take the time to share with us and I really do appreciate you taking the time.  :rose:  What I do know is that God will be able to use me more now than he ever could before (I was too self sufficient and did not trust or allow others to help me, I know past experiences) and that certainly has changed.  God can use all of us and we all make a difference every single day whether we realize it or not (whether we are light shining brightest in the darkness or simply walking in God's love).  It is the struggle that changes you especially when all hope is lost and I believe I will now be able to help those that are struggling too, God willing.  You are so right about moving out of his way, that is a daily learning lesson that I have to make sure of.  I keep wanting to take the steering wheel.  :blush:  I don't get upset now when it seems as if everything or some things are going wrong but pray for God's strength and his guidance and I am excited every day to see how God works it all out!  God always works everything out for our good and better than we would/could have.  :)  I can smile about it now but it took a lot to get me here.  I am trying to be a fully functioning human and know that until I do this I will never be able to have the time or abilities to help others which is why I am so happy and pleased to have been led to LDL and all of you.  :)  I am finding my voice to help others.  With LDL I am to the point of wanting to only eat LDL foods (instead of wanting or craving non LDL foods) for how I feel and know that I am delaying whatever I am called to do.

MrsJ, thank you for your kind words.  I am so happy that Roger followed God's promptings to help all of us.  It took courage and listening to know what to do.  I think that was my greatest blessing (other than coming back again) was to know that I do not have to lead or make decisions like I use to but follow God's promptings and he will show me the way.  If only others could know this I know it would help them too.  Thank you Roger for so much!  What an impact you are making with so many!

Thank you all so very much!  You encourage me!  God bless.  *love*
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
granalin
New, but learning

Post by granalin »

What an unselfish story! God will richly bless you for so boldly sharing that others might be liberated. Praise the Lord for a wonderful boost when I so needed one.