My LDL Journey

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
mylifeforhim

My LDL Journey

Post by mylifeforhim »

It is time I tell my LDL Journey.  I have been waiting to see if this worked and that I would stick with it as I have tried so many things in the past.  I can tell you it is a dream come true!  I have not reached my destination but I am on my way and wanted to share as you all have shared with me in the hopes that someone can also be encouraged.

I woke up one morning and was fed up with feeling so badly. I had for some reason begun to have high blood pressure and my thyroid was changing every 2-3 weeks and either was making me extremely hypothyroid or hyperthyroid so I was bouncing off walls or laying around with no energy.  I have been hypothyroid for many years but have never experienced this.  I sat behind my computer with my cup of coffee and decided I had to do something.  I looked into different diet programs and was considering going on Atkins again but I knew in my heart this was not right for me.  I am always sick and tired but most of all starving hungry when I diet.  I felt lost.  I sat there and starting crying and praying as I was exasperated and did not know what to do.  As I am praying I received my answer, Let's Do Lunch.  Funny thing is I had purchased the book within the last year, tried to begin but never had the time to do what I assumed were the "recipes" and I had forgotten all about it.  I am so thankful that God led me here and for Roger to have the courage to stand and let us all know what really works.

In the beginning, I had a very bad headache for 1 1/2 days and then had the hexheimer effect so severally that I was very sick for 2+ weeks.  After that first week I no longer craved sugar and I was not hungry.  I discovered that I had to eat even when I did not feel hungry in order to feel well and have energy and I was eating 6-8 times a day.  I did not know how others could eat so little from the members food journal.  This week I am eating less too and it happened automatically without trying!

Funny thing is I am no longer sick to my stomach.  For many years I have said I wish there was something that I could eat or take that would stop my stomach from hurting and making me sick all of the time. I was always having to eat immediately or get sick and so many times would use toast or cola and chips to stop the sick.  Eating LDL took it away.  This is a miracle in itself and something I had been trying to figure out for a very long time.

From the beginning I have kept a food and exercise journal notebook. I have allowed myself to go off for 1 food item each week as on the Atkins I wanted to eat processed foods that I would normally never had eaten or wanted.  This has changed to allow myself 1 meal a week off (eating less and differently than I normally would have) but I can tell you that I really don't like eating non LDL.  I don't feel well and really suffer the next day. It has slowed my weight loss but I needed to conquer anything that would make me not be able to eat this way. I was weighing myself every day but have stopped that and am checking once every week or two.  Being hypothyroid I have gained as much as 10-12 pounds in 1 to 1 1/2 weeks so I have had to really watch it but not anymore. The first month I dropped a lot of weight and the second month only about 1 to 2 pounds but I see my body going down in size which is what matters most. I could eat as much as I wanted, wasn't hungry and was losing weight, simply unimaginable!

I began exercising the last month and it has made a tremendous change in helping me with the weight loss and to tone and firm. I have loved all of the foods I have been eating and am enjoying them very much.  This is my new life plan and it is a relief to finally find something so simple that really works.  All one has to do is put it on autopilot and go about life!  What a blessing!

This past week I know I have finally arrived in having the full knowledge of the power of LDL.  A neighbor came up to me and said, "Boy, you sure have lost the weight!  What did you do?"  I told her about LDL and she asked what I ate but when I mentioned no bread, she said, "I could never do that".  There was no more discussion but it was everything I could do to not do the "happy dance" as she was the first person that has mentioned my weight loss other than my family members. Talking about family members, at first my sisters just thought, oh, here she goes again on some new diet.  Now they are saying, wow, now what did you say you are doing.  This has really targeted my stomach fat and I never ever thought I could even get as far as I am today. This last week I am being able to do more than I have been able to do in years and I can walk straight down the stairs (I had to walk down to the side or sideways by placing both feet on the step so my knees wouldn't hurt).

So (Drum roll please), blood pressure staying normal, thyroid not acting up and this is day 72 on LDL and on Day 68 I had lost 12 pounds. I feel great and am now down 2 clothing sizes (at least I fit in most clothing that is 2 sizes smaller) and for the first time in many years cannot wait to go shopping.  Yes, I said clothes shopping!  If you saw me as I am typing this you would see the biggest grin on my face and a happy giggle or two. I can't believe it!

The keys for me have been eating even when I am not hungry at first to keep cravings away. Don't get too tired and hungry at any time.  Planning and always keeping fresh, frozen and canned foods available. I have tried a couple of the recipes but mainly have gone for simple cooked or steamed vegetables and lean meats due to time constraints.  After I have my fruit in the late morning I have to have a protein source (eggs or whey protein) to feel well as I have insulin problems.  I love all of the fruit and it has kept away any sweet cravings.  Reading this forum as much as possible even if for a few minutes has really helped and I truly thank you all for making the effort for all of us out here. You are such encourager's and you have prayers going your way even if I do not mention it but see your post.  For my dear precious husband for helping me.  For Roger's courage to tell others.  And most of all to God for leading me all the way.

A special note to all that are suffering and those wanting to make a difference in your life and the lives of others.  You have power. Reach out to God and he will be your strength and guide you.  The last decade has been a very trying and difficult one for me.  I had a back injury and I was told I would never ever be able to flower garden or have a normal life again. I hurt so bad I did not feel like living.  I was pain free December 2006 and then I suffered a stroke from what the doctors believe was due to hormone replacement. I could not speak, write, go to the bathroom without help and did not know how to do anything. I had speech therapy and once I could write I would have to make a list and go through the steps to make the bed and every single thing one does in life.  It took me over a month to not miss any steps in simply taking a shower.  I can tell you that every single time I cried out to God he never ever let me down. Today people cannot believe that I ever had a stroke!  There has been much more suffering but I am not going to go there. I truly understand suffering and yet would not change a thing for the person I am today!  Don't give up my friends but keep looking up and giving thanks.  God answers prayers, not in our time or in the way we think but always better than we can imagine. Before you get out of bed in the morning raise your arms and praise him, thank him and ask for his help. Let his love fill you. Then just get out of his way as he makes a new way for you. I pray that he will use me and work through me to help others. This is what I do and I have seen so many miracles and answers to prayers.  Just keep loving and believing.

May God bless you:)
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: My LDL Journey

Post by LINDA RN »

Such an impressive story!
Thanks, mylifeforhim, for making my day!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

mylifeforhim
Wow what a wonderful testimony of God and LDL.  So glad you came to share with us all your success.  I was very touched by all you had to say.  Hope to see more of you on the boards
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thank you all for your kind words!  You all have been my inspiration!  I don't know if you realize the impact you all have on people out there like me but you are making a difference, a huge difference and this is what made me post.

Roger, you are so right!  I want more time to get into the word as I grow so much from God's words and they help me live each day, to know what to do and how to live my life.  I chose mylifeforhim since I am trying to get my life together again (ok, not like it used to be but much better) and live for God.  He is the one that brought me back as I was soooooooo lost.

Linda and Wendygoodnews, you have helped me so much by your posts!  I have always been in the background so it is very difficult to step out, although I am beginning.  I have to really make myself.  Knowing how you have helped me makes me want to give back and then it is so much easier.  Seeing your posts led me along the way!
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
debbiewetzel

Post by debbiewetzel »

mylifeforhim,
your post was special for me because it sounds like something i would say myself.  welcome to LDL.  this way of eating has been a lifesaver for me.  my last 2 doctor visits show sooooo much improvement over past visits.  we went to a birthday party yesterday and with 1 of 3 cakes sitting on the table next to me, i didn't have any desire to eat any.  we took our LDL legal foods with us which others enjoyed also. keep posting, i love to read.

debbie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5UWHNB/]
[/url
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thank you Debbie!  I am so pleased to hear LDL is working so well for you and love to hear about your success and how it is working for you.  It only encourages me more and confirms I am on the right track.

God bless:)
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

MyLife for Him, Welcome.  I enjoyed your posts so very much.  I also love Jesus Christ, my Lord, and I feel that LDL has been sent from Him through roger to help me and then to spread to others.  But just like salvation, it's available, but we need to accept it.  The people on the boards inspire me greatly, so I'm happy you are active instead of just lurking.  *hug* and  :)  JF
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thank you Joyful Friend!  That is exactly how I feel.  I am working on the active instead of lurking.  I am very private but need to be more open about sharing which is easier when I know I can make a difference even if for only 1 person.  I haven't embraced social media yet and this is the first forum I have stepped out on.  It is all of you that make it inviting *love*
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks so much for you post. You are an encouragement! and Welcome to LDL!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back Bobbi, and blessings to you.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
PeggyJ
New, but learning

Post by PeggyJ »

Thank you, mylifeforHim!  I needed that encouragement today and your testimony said exactly what I needed to hear.  Just want you to know you also touch others.
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Hopefull and PeggyJ, Thank you for your kind words.  You have made it easier for me to "step" out and most of all I am so pleased to help someone and to make any positive difference I can. You have done the same for me. Thank you.
rodie

Post by rodie »

What a WONDERFUL post! I love coming here and reading everyones postings,it gives such inspiration,especially when some of us fall.You realize that you need to stop worrying about it and invest your energy in TODAY so that Tomorrow will be better.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thank you, Rodie!  That is exactly how I feel about all of you!  *love*
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Day 80 and 15 lbs lost!  Woo Hoo!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Way to go.  15# discarded forever!!!  :rose: Pam
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thank you Pam!  I so look forward to joining you, The Incredible Shrinking Woman.  :thumbsup:
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

That is one  or more dress sizes.  THE BEST PART is never regaining, no deprivation, no cravings.  Keep it up.  :thumbsup: :D  JF
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Thanks for the encouragement JF!  Some of the pants I bought last week are loose!!!  :D  I went shopping and tried on more pants today but am in between sizes which meant I went from a tight squeeze in pants with a muffin top 18 (you know what I mean) to where 14's are loose and the 12's are getting closer.  I have never been so excited to go clothes shopping as I am now and I did not think that would ever happen again in my life without sheer struggle, being sick, deprived and starving since I am hypothyroid!  LDL has really targeted my stomach area which was always the most difficult to lose. I had read that on this forum and it was hard to believe it at the time (note: from previous lurker it is true).  I am loving the food I eat, the encouraging members on this forum and feeling so happy that I feel a little guilty for all those that are suffering in life.  *love*