141 pounds gone

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
jkgregory

141 pounds gone

Post by jkgregory »

Its been such a successful year.. For the first time in years weight loss does not have to be my new years resolution cause i finally did it.. 141 pounds gone forever!!! I feel amazing!! One of my biggest helpers was having smoothies for breakfast and dinner for months.. I dont drink to many these days because i dont require as much food as i did.. I usually have a banana for breakfast then a big lunch.. Most of the time im not hungry for dinner, but if i am i just eat a piece of fruit.. I do eat a lot when it comes to lunch.. When i eat things like chili or taco soup, i can easily eat 2 big bowls of it.. I can still eat about 3-4 sirloin/turkey burgers in a sitting with a lot of veggies.. When i do have smoothies my favorite lately is the pumpkin pie smoothie.. I could drink those all day if i could.. When i do have some off days where i need to go off a little ill eat a little cheese or some almonds.. Thats a lot better then all the candy and chips and things i used to eat before ldl.. I only do that on occasion.. It does stall my weight loss.. When i started ldl i was in a size 24.. Im now in a size 12.. Im pushing that size 11.. I love shopping now.. I hated shopping a year ago.. It was so hard to find clothes that fit.. Now i can go into about any store and usually the first pair of pants i try on fit..  *woot* *woot* I had a family reunion this past sunday and some of my family was just amazed on how much weight i have lost.. My cousin had came up to me to tell me that i had lost him.. Looking at someone that weighs 140 pounds and knowing that i lost that is just amazing... My new years resolution for 2011 is to stay healthy and try to get more people on the ldl train.. To all the newbies, just have faith.. I thought there was never going to be any hope for me to lose weight.. And i finally did it.. And so can u!!!
Katie

James
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: 141 pounds gone

Post by crickadoodle »

Katie, it has been so much fun watching you be transformed before our eyes!  I'd love to see all your pictures side by side as you lost the weight.  It has been truly amazing, girl.  Thanks for taking us along on your journey!  To have lost so much weight in less than a year I think could qualify you for being the poster child for Let's Do Lunch.  I'm sure your example to those around you is more than enough to get people started on LDL for themselves.  They know it works, if they know you.  Congratulations! 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Katie, you look terrific, and to know this is the way it will be. You are still young enough to have most of your life in a healthy size.  Your hair looks so beautiful in the picture.  How is your DH doing?  Keep it up, and a happy, healthy 2011.  :thumbsup:  *hug*  JF
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Katie- I can't tell you how happy I am for you.  You have continued to lose since I saw you in October.  You look terrific!!!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Katie you are such and inspiration and I agree, a real poster child for LDL.
Your loss has been so phenomenal, some may find it too much to believe.
Just keep telling them, it is real and if you can do it, anyone can!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Katie
What a beautiful picture of you.  You are like a miracle child you have done so well.  Watching your progression just helps to keep me going strong knowing I can make it also.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

A big contratulations to you sick!  you are a great inspiration for many. In fact I think I will try to get my cousin to read your post. I have been unable to convince here that this is the absolute easiest way to loose weight.
thanks so much for sharing,
hugs and Happy Holidays,
Bobbi
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Katie, I'll bet James thinks he has a new woman!!!  :kissed:

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
rodie

Post by rodie »

WOW Katie, you look GREAT! What an inspiration you are.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

Hey Katie.

WOW! WOW! WOW! Looking good in the neighborhood.

Thanks for sharing your good news. Keepon - Keepin on!  An another miracle will be happening soon.

Abundant blessings,

Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

DEFGJF

Post by DEFGJF »

WOW!  WOW!  I am so inspired by you!  I had a really bad couple of years and now I am back on track!  Thanks for sharing and the encouragement.  I was wondering if you would share your recipe for a pumpkin smoothie? 

Thanks
Denise
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

DEFGJF- Welcome to LDL.  Katie is the "real deal" and a true representative of what LDL can help us accomplish.  She is beautiful.  She and her husband, James, have reinvented themselves this past year.  They are young, attractive people with their whole, healthy future ahead of them.  You can write your own success story some day in the future.  We all look forward to hearing about your successes!  Pam
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Defgjf,
            I don't know which pumpkin smoothie Katie drinks, but I found this one:
Here is an LDL alternative:

2 TBS Canned Pumpkin (I used Libby's all natural; fresh is even better, I'm sure)

1 Banana

A handful of pineapple chunks and a splash of the juice (I used Dole's Pineapple in it's own juice)

1/4 cup of orange juice (I used Tropicana, not from concentrate)

Few ice cubes

Pinch or two of pumpkin pie spice (optional)

Blend all ingredients.  I used my Magic Bullet but, of course, a traditional blender will work just as well. 
I think it is very good.  The pumpkin flavor is there but it's subtle.  If you try it, please let me know what you think.  Enjoy!!!
                                                                    glad to meet you
                                                                                kris

If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
knighte

Post by knighte »

Congrats! You look amazing and I am sure feeling just as good. Thank you for the inspiration. Merry Christmas to you.
P
E
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

WOW!  You are The Biggest Loser!  Congrats on your weight loss!  

Mary J
Last edited by Anonymous on December 19th, 2010, 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
jkgregory

Post by jkgregory »

Thank you everone!!! Like ive said before, you guys are my inspiration!!  *woot* DEFGJF the recipe i use for the pumpkin pie smoothie is the recipe that graceface66 posted.. I dont put the pineapple in.. Well guys i have a lot of wrapping to get done for Christmas.. Everyone have a safe and Happy Holiday!!!  :) :)

Katie

James
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Katie - you are my inspiration!! I just tried the pumpkin smoothie and loved it!! I credit you for me even finding out about this diet to begin with!!  I am pretty sure that you are my daughter's friend's neighbor and she raves about her neighbor who lost all this weight from "Let's do Lunch!" I was so desperate for a diet plan that worked that I  ordered the book that day!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!  I am only 15 pounds down with a ton more to go but this is the only diet that has ever worked for me!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!!
True
New, but learning

Post by True »

Yeah! How are you this New Year? What an inspiration you are! Thank you for sharing! :) Look forward to hearing and learning more this New Year from all LDL friends! Many blessings!