10 more

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
wondergirl
New, but learning

10 more

Post by wondergirl »

Hi all, while I'm not much on posting, I do check in all the time.  I am so happy to report that I have lost 30 pounds on the ldl plan.
Can not tell you how easy it is once I understood how it works.  I want to lose 10 more pounds and just maintain.  Thanks so much Roger
for this plan, it is soooo painless.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: 10 more

Post by VickiLynn »

You go girl!  How long have you been eating the LDL way?  Those 30 pounds you lost must have had a profound effect on your outlook on life and your health.  Tell us more  *hug*
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations, Wondergirl!!!  You are living up to your name!  Pam
Idahoali

Post by Idahoali »

Congrats! I'd love to hear more, like how did it take you to lose the 30? That's about my goal as well. :)
Started LDL 11/09, Fell off wagon some time in 2010. After a lot of different experiments, and failures, I've decided to come back! RESTART 01/13/12
Stats:
Goal Weight: 155
1/13/12: 179.4 (doc's office says 183)

wondergirl
New, but learning

Post by wondergirl »

No secrets!  I started the plan last week in Aug 2011, by Thanksgiving I had lost 30 pounds.  I read the book 3 or more times, finally understand that the more of the basic foods I eat the more I loose.

b= 5-6 fruit smoothie
l=  big meal of beans, meat,veggies  ( love all of little Mary's recpies)
d= big bowl of popcorn
snack lots of frozen grapes
Idahoali

Post by Idahoali »

Good to see that! That's basically what I've been eating as well, hoping to see and feel a big loss soon. Do you eat many corn thins?

I'm just starting my 4th week of being back with LDL. Even the Super Bowl wasn't too bad. I went off plan a little bit, but nothing too crazy and I'm right back on this morning so not expecting too big of a set back.  :)
Started LDL 11/09, Fell off wagon some time in 2010. After a lot of different experiments, and failures, I've decided to come back! RESTART 01/13/12
Stats:

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Congratulations Wondergirl!  YAY!!!!!!!  *doing happy dance with you*

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by cameron »

That is awesome Wondergirl, great job!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks for posting Wondergirl.
It is inspiring to hear how others have been successful with this.

Corn thins and popcorn have caused some to stall on the plan. Both are easy to overdo.
You just have to see how it affects you.
If the popcorn and corn thins are necessary in order not to eat other grains, then a slower weight loss may be necessary.
There are others who can eat the corn in abundace and still loose an abundace of weight.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Idahoali

Post by Idahoali »

Uh oh...I wonder if I'm in trouble. I seriously have popcorn every day, or at least 5 or 6 days.  I guess I should see how I do if I stop that, or limit it to just a couple days.  Hmph!  :blink:
Stats:

jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Congrats Wondergirl!
I do sort of the same thing, I lurk a lot. I read a lot. Sometimes I post. My schedule has become crazy, so now I'm looking for recipes. I'm craving pizza soup. I'll make some today. Gotta have my pizza soup.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Idahoali,
You may need to eat popcorn in abundance until you just aren't humgry any more, and really don't want it.
I had terrible munchies getting started and ate huge bowls of popcorn at night and still lost.
It was better than going after pretzels!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Wondergirl....You are doing wonderful, those 10 lbs won't be around for long.    Wither
chewy

Post by chewy »

love the air popped popcorn!!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I'm with you Chewy,
Have a microwave bowl and an air popper.
Love the air popped the best!
Linda

Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Congratulations, wondergirl! A 30 pound weight loss is awesome!! Keep up the good work!
Shari

preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Wondergirl....I ate the same way you are eating....I ate a huge bowl of popcorn every night.....Also huge smoothies in the morning....Huge lunch too...Lost all the weight and more.....Have kept it off for years!