Another milestone!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Sharolyn

Another milestone!

Post by Sharolyn »

I've dropped another 6 pounds which puts me at a 20 loss!!  ;D I found myself humming this afternoon as I made 3 ldl soups to go in the fridge! A refried bean, a white bean & taco soup....these are our favorites.....although, the pizza soup is in 4th place!  ;) I weighed a week & a half early because my husband & I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow. He wants to take me out to eat & I'm pretty sure we will eat a bit off plan. This will be the first time to do so since we started this woe. Although, if we go where we can eat on plan, that would be ok with me! lol! My sweet husband has lost 27 lbs so far. He is so happy with this woe he is silly sometimes! Gotta love a happy hubby!  *love* Can you tell I'm worried that even 1 meal off plan could cause me to gain weight?  :sad: I'm just going to enjoy my afternoon with my husband and besides.......a 25th anniversary is a big deal!! And we have someone coming in to stay with our son. Those 2 events happening on the same day is awesome!!

Thanks everyone here for all of your support!
Shari

LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Another milestone!

Post by LINDA RN »

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!!!  :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose: :rose:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Wow, great job Shari, and happy anniversary!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Happy anniversary and congratulations on your success. Pam
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Sharolyn:  Congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary and wow another congrats on losing 20 lbs in quite a short time...  :thumbsup:

Have fun!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sharloyn, You and hubby are doing well with weight loss.  A happier marriage is one where you reach for your mate instead of the plate. *evil*  Congratulations!!!  It is wonderful having a silly, happy hubby.  Enjoy your day.  It only gets sweeter as the years fly by.  *hug* JF
bingo

Post by bingo »

Happy 25th Anniversary ! Make some Happy Memories ! and Congratulations  to you & yours weight loss  :thumbsup: Have Fun
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Joyful Friend wrote:A happier marriage is one where you reach for your mate instead of the plate. *evil*  *hug* JF

JF, you are too funny  -- this is me laughing :laughing:  And, Sharolyn, I wish you a Happy 25th Anniversary and I hope you didn't hold back on your anniversary dinner.  One day off is not going to hurt your weight loss -- just go right back on eating LDL the next day!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Have a wonderful date!
Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

Thanks, everyone!! We had a great time & went to a chinese buffet. I picked and ate what I wanted. I just didn't over do. It was yummy; but, last night my snack was ldl! I did not find it hard to jump back into ldl once home. This woe just amazes me!! What's not to love?!  ;D After lunch, we did some shopping & I bought my husband a new wedding band. His broke several years ago & later a piece of the band broke out. I let him pick out what he wanted and he picked a titanium one. I actually think it's mixed with another metal. It is so light weight. He liked that about it!  We put my car in the shop to have an oil change while we shopped(Walmart of course!  ;D ) Some things just have to be taken care of no matter what the event is!!  :laughing: My daughter said, "Mom, that doesn't sound like very romantic!" I told her at my age, almost anything is romantic if you look at it that way! lol!!
Shari

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

romantic.... you are so funny...but that is so true!...Glad you had a good time... :rose: :rose: :rose: for you.  wither
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hummmmmm, romance at Wal-Mart auto and Jewlry,
Take it wherever you find it!
Congratulations....glad it was a fun, romantic day!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing: JF
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Some of our most fun romantic, on plan dates are free.  Has anyone ever gone to a card shop (or area of a store) and pick out the very best cards to show each other?  Way to go hopping back on plan Sharolyn!  Thanks for sharing and encouraging us all!

Blessings,
Julie
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

My daughter and I go to the card section of the store and read all the funny ones and have a great laugh...good for the soal!  Didn't know anyone else did that... it is fun!    wither

Forgot to say sometimes we just can't resist and we buy some for later dates as well!
Last edited by witheraway1 on March 18th, 2012, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

My hubby gets really irritated at me at the card department.
I usually keep handing him cards, and before long he is left holding a handful of cards and has no clue where they came from.  :D
I have already handed him 2 more before he can hand back one, LOL
Guess for us, a romantic date is at a Lawn and Garden center or at a big industrial tool store!
Linda

Sharolyn

Post by Sharolyn »

LINDA RN wrote:My hubby gets really irritated at me at the card department.
I usually keep handing him cards, and before long he is left holding a handful of cards and has no clue where they came from.  :D
I have already handed him 2 more before he can hand back one, LOL
Guess for us, a romantic date is at a Lawn and Garden center or at a big industrial tool store!

Linda, I think I'll save the Lawn & Garden department for our 50th anniversary!! lol!! I try to stay out of those.........I'm prone to spend waaaaaaaay too much!  :wacko:

I want to thank all of you for your replies and support! It means so much to me. I am glad to find that I'm not the only one to spend huge amounts of time reading greeting cards! If I'm having a grumpy day, the funny cards cheer me right up!  :happy:
Shari

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

It's in those moments that a couple can feel complete love and affection.  It doesn't take an expensive outing.  I treasure those minutes.  In June, 54 years and we still enjoy those hand holding times.  I need to update some pool furniture, so just maybe, we need to visit the lawn and garden section.  :thumbsup:  JF