Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Radishes are one of those "unsung hero's" of the veggie world. I used to grow so many of them. Pull the young one's, they are sweeter, let a bunch go and they get spicy. These are wonderful roasted. Just dropping them in a stew or soup, super easy. I used to add them to my hash browns, now they are my radish browns! I don't miss potatoes at all!
I clean several bunches at a time and store in water containers in the fridge. My DH adds a little salt and munches them like potato chips. He doesn't have a weight problem, just likes radishes. My Aunt used to pickle them like beets. Wow, they were like candy to us kids. Oh, what a good memory. I will have to go make some now. I think I will just mix them with oranges instead of any sugar or fake sugar product and see how them come out..
Zesti

Profile Send private message  

I love your ideas Zesti! I'm going to pickle some radishes today. I usually save dill pickle juice and add sliced cucumbers to make a dilled cucumber treat. I'll do the same with the radishes!

SweetRose @};-

Mrsj, are you still out there?

SweetRose @};-

I do the same thing with pickle juice :) Why have I not added the radishes? 8-| I add all the veggies to the left over "gardenia" mix, cali, broc, carrots, onions etc, but never thought of the radishes...Yeah! good save SweetRose!
I was just about to throw out my pickle juice too #-o
Zesti

Sometimes I use the pickle juice up before the pickles! I make marinated veggies too, but I have never fried or pickled radishes. I'll try it next time I open a jar of pickles. Do you do dill or sweet veggies? I get SF bread and butter pickles at Walmart. (they are made with Splenda though).
I figure I'm too old to die young. 8-}

I love the taste of dill! =p~ I use dill weed in most of my salad dressings;a favorite is a combination of low fat mayo, chunky salsa and dill. Or low fat mayo or EVOO, lemon juice and dill. Oh, another dressing is sour cream, a dab of jalapeno mustard and dill.

Yum!

SweetRose @};-

I have a big bottle of dill I haven't even opened yet. I'll give it a try. I had my sock knocked off today, Little Princess' recipe for soup with a little beef/turkey mix and it was "souper". Thank you LP! :-* I could have eaten 2 bowls, but I stopped before I was full and am very satisfied now. I have a bad habit of eating the things I really like till they are gone. Listening to my body is something brand new for me. My friend, who is a dietician told me, "the more food on your plate the more pills you have to take". I am trying tohold down theeating impulses out of boredom. It is good to hear from you Sweet Rose, BTW I love your name.

Thank you Omalani. I love your tidbits of info!

Tell me if I was super bad last night. I'm a night owl- always have been- so about 2:30 am I was watching a Lifetime movie when I started thinking about popcorn. Well, you guessed it. I had a whole bag LDL style with EVOO and parm cheese, and a tangerine followed that. Maybe shouldn't have indulged so late- or should I say too early? I'm off Friday and Saturday - I'm a certified wedding planner and event coordinator with the same company for 20 years- so I knew I could sleep in and just have a nice LDL lunch. I never crave breakfast- makes me crave bad carbs if I eat too early. I haven't had my first meal of the day yet, but it's coming!

Anyway, just wanted to share my middle-of-the-night indulgence, and wondering if I was really way off track eating at that time!

SweetRose @};-

As long as you are eating LDL foods your body will develope a rhythm. Listen to your body. Read from Zesti's journal, she is a night owl too. However can you call it a night owl in Alaska? How many hours of daylight do you have in the summer? I worked nights for so many years and my body doesn't take to sleeping through the night. I've only been retired for 6 weeks. It is especially hard in the summer when it is light and the sun is shining in my eyes at 8:00PM. It will be down in 20 min. though. I like to munch on frozen grapes and even though they have a lot of fructose in them, my blood sugar is OK in the morning. My only problem with popcorn is the salt, but that is OK once in a while especially in the summer when you lose salt via perspiration. This is a wonderful way of eating. Sometimes I want to eat all day and other times I forget to eat. That is new for me, forgetting to eat!! :-o So glad to get to know you. I watch less TV and am on-line more. The program is working for me and at 70 y.o. it is not easy to lose. Be good to yourself. You work at a job, taking care of others and entertaining them. I'm sure you have the gift of hospitality. But don't forget to take care of yourself.

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

Thx so much for your sound advice Omalani~

The word "retirement" is one of the world's lovliest words, but alas, I have almost 6 years to go. Lucky for me I love my job.

Just got finished assembling an antique french lace dressing screen I bought on ebay. Looking forward to another round of popcorn, but don't think it will be so late this time!

I have stained glass windows in my bedroom and I have to cover them so I can sleep in the morning. Sun starts shining at 4 pm, but now the summer is actually starting to wind down date-wise here in Alaska. We are having a heat wave, though today looked like rain. Since I'm a rain lover, I wish it would. Rain, I mean.

Glad to know you, too Omalani!

SweetRose @};-