Yet Another New "Raving Review" posted at amazon.com

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Yet Another New "Raving Review" posted at amazon.com

Post by MsHeirloom »

This reviewer has discovered what we all know.  That we can easily and painlessly discard the excess weight.  It is easy, logical, affordable, and effective.  What more could we ask for.  It's a miracle!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

What a thoughtful, insightful, well-written review, Dallas_Dog_Owner
You have been able to put to pen the feelings of so many of us.
Thank you for taking the time to write and to Roger for posting.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Good post.  I agree.  My weight has stayed the same--maybe a little lower, but I still eat tons.  I love this woe.  Thanks again, Roger.  *love* *hug* :)  JF
stl_viewer
New, but learning

Post by stl_viewer »

So I had to go to the doctor for a follow-up exam today and discovered I was down 10 pounds from June 30! This makes somewhere between 25 and 30 lb. lost.

I know for sure I've lost at least 25 lb, based on Dr. visits. As I mentioned elsewhere, I don't keep a scale--I let my clothing be my guide--so I'm not 100% sure of my highest weight. Based on my clothing size and past experience, though, I could pretty well peg it around 130, maybe a little more. And when you are only 4 ft 11.5 inches (about 150cm), and used to being 100 lb, you can't hide that extra 30 lb when it piles on. 

So now I'm at "goal" - 100 lb. Wow. I'm shocked that after six--now almost seven--months, I'm still working this plan. I may vary what I eat from day to day--some days "by the book," some days two protein meals instead of one, etc.--but the one thing I've tried to stay consistent about is avoiding foods that are not on the LDL plan

I've said it before and I'll say again, I think a big key to success is having starchy carbs (legumes, pea soup, lentil soup, winter squash now) on hand at all times. I find if I eat a big bowl of, say, lentil soup, it cuts down dramatically on any craving I might have for the chips, cookies, and donuts that my co-workers regularly bring in.  I also keep a bag of popcorn at work, so I can pop some in a paper bag in the microwave if I'm hungry and I've already scarfed down the rest of my lunch. Keeping several pieces of fruit around is helpful, too. You never know when you might suddenly feel like eating the banana and two apples sitting on your desk. (And yes, if you need to eat all three at the same time to feel even sort of satisfied, I say do it.)

I told my Doctor about LDL. (And she had heard about Wheat Belly already but didn't know much about it.)  She was mildly interested--at least she wrote the name of the diet in my chart--and I explained to her that if she had anyone who was failing at WW or Atkins or those other plans, they should at least get the book out of the library and give it a look.  Who knows, maybe she'll remember it and tell another patient about it....

--Lori
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations on achieving your goal.  Another fabulous success story for LDL.  let's hope that your doctor does recommend LDL to others who are unable to stick with any plan!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Found that doctors can't deny the fact that here you stand, slim and healthy.
But when you give the details on how you achieved it, they just can't imagine life without grains.
Since they cannot wrap their mind around it, they don't buy in.
That is why I am determined to get more of the Health Care Providers I work with to get on the LDL program so they can experience the results themselves.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great plan, Linda.  That would convince them!  Remember we had a female physician on these boards a couple years ago.  She experienced success and was eager to share that with her patients.  Pam
yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

My daughter( the doctor, family medicine) is experiencing wonderful results with LDL.  It is quite noticeable now and everyone asks what are you doing?.  She is spreading the word to patients, nurses, family members etc.
stl_viewer
New, but learning

Post by stl_viewer »

Thanks, Guys!  When folks at work ask about how I lost weight, and I try to give the most bare-bones explanation, no one really seems too interested in finding out more.  Then again, they're mostly busy working moms in their 30s-early 40s, and while they mostly all have some weight to lose, I suspect that dieting (let alone this WOE) is not at the top of their list right now...

In the meantime, my boss has been on Weight Watchers for about 6-7 months now, and she's lost 30 of the 50 lbs she's looking to lose. She hasn't asked me about LDL--she's happy with WW--and the other day she said, "So, see, I've learned through WW, I can still have that cheesecake, but just a little piece."

Now, between you and me, I'd rather have a double helping of Beef Potato Pie (no measuring required) than a measly sliver of cheesecake that's going to leave me wanting more. I'm glad WW is working for her, but apparently I do better with something that doesn't require so much willpower.

-Lori
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Lori, that's the way my WW friends talk around me.  I sort of get a kick out of it, and just enjoy eating all the delicious food I desire.  I don't want those cravings back.  I sometimes joke with them telling them if I ate one piece, they wouldn't get any, because I would have to have the rest of the cake.  That's the way those cravings did me!!!  It's still unbelievable how wonderful it is to eat all the food I desire including fruit, and still stay size 8 in Levi.  I bought these Levi jeans two years ago, and I still can wear them. That's a record for me.  Praises to my heavenly Father for his bountiful goodness.  :thumbsup: JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I agree JF, I say the same thing when someone offers me one cookie or a few M&M's.
I tell them I could eat the whole box of cookies or at least a 1lb bag of M&M's in one sitting, so no thanks, I choose to not eat any. My hat is off to anyone who can limit themselves and do well but that way of thinking never worked for me for very long.
That is why I have been successful on LDL. I eat when hungry and eat when full and as long as it is non-processed, LDL approved, I keep the weight off
Last edited by LINDA RN on October 28th, 2011, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

yayatrudy

Post by yayatrudy »

You are right Linda, if I could eat just one I wouldn't be where I am today... I also did all the other food plans etc..but this woe is working for me now.  I hope it continues to be everything I need. ( that doesn't really say what I mean)  I am here I am happy and I plan on staying here with LDL.
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

I agree this diet is incredible. I eat lots, but I'm still losing. We went to the rehearsal dinner on Friday night (1-6) and I ate the baked potato. It was delicious. I've lost 20.6 lbs so far.  :D
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Time to update your ticker, Tina!
Linda

jopaul

Post by jopaul »

Linda,
You are so right.
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown