Newby here. :) 7 pounds down 70 to go!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Daundra
New, but learning

Newby here. :) 7 pounds down 70 to go!

Post by Daundra »

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Daundra and I've been doing LDL for about 2 weeks. The first week I lost 7 pounds I feel great and my cravings for junk are becoming a non-issue.

But the second week my weight loss stalled. I thought it was a plateau, but I was looking at the breakfast recipes and I saw that oatmeal was a no-no. I didn't eat hardly any the first week, but I had it everyday the second. I thought the book said oatmeal was acceptable, but I guess not. So I'm cutting out oatmeal and hoping that gets me back on track.

A little about me: I'm 19 and I've been married to my bestest friend and awesome man of God for 8 months. And before we even started dating I lost 47 pounds counting calories. Well even faithful to my calorie log my weightloss stopped and I was stuck for about a year. Then after I got married the pounds kept creeping up on me. Especially after we were surprised with a positive pregnancy test.

But a few days after we found out about our little surprise I had an early miscarriage. Chemical pregnancies are a cruel thing to go through. Ever since we've had baby fever, and dealing with all the stress and depression I gained weight. Then a few months later we were pregnant again. I gained 15 pounds in one month due to preggo cravings, then at 6 weeks we lost our second baby. Next thing I know I've gained those 47 pounds back and I felt like my life was spiraling out of control.

Then after seeking out God He revealed to me that I didn't need to let depression own me and I needed to get His temple in better health for His glory and the baby He will bless us with one day. I was determined to be healthy because I think being nearly 80 pounds overweight had a lot to do with our ttc troubles, but nothing worked. Then I found LDL for a buck at Mardel and it changed my life. I was skeptical at first, but the almost instant results won me over.

Sorry for the mini-biography. I am a writer after all. Lol

I look forward to sharing this journey with all of you. :)
11 lbs lost!

April 3, 2011 lost baby #1
July 13, 2011 said goodbye to baby #2 @ 6 weeks

October 10, 2011 found out about baby #3!

God has given to me so abundantly and He has taken from me greatly, but even in my hardest, most painful moments He is no less good or loving. Blessed be the name of t
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Newby here. :) 7 pounds down 70 to go!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Daundra- It's great to hear from you.  I'm happy that you posted.  Have you been on the boards all along, or have you been doing this "by the book."  Most of us have found that we need the book to get started, but need the boards even more as we continue toward our goals.  The members are here to help you in any way, to give you support, and to answer questions. Welcome to the best eating plan on the planet!  Pam
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

welcome daundra!! you have come to the right place!!  :thumbsup:

you will lose all the weight you want to and then some if you follow the plan!!

remember these few things in the beginning...

#1 eat EVERY TIME YOU ARE HUNGRY!!

#2 eat UNTIL YOU ARE FULL

#3 eat ONLY LDL APPROVED FOODS

#4 STAY OFF THE SCALE FOR AT LEAST THE FIRST MONTH!!

you may not see the numbers going down all the time, but your body will start to change and reshape, this has been my experience.  even when i'm not seeing drastic changes in my weight, my clothes are getting bigger and bigger and my face is getting slimmer and my tummy is getting smaller, etc.

there are tons of great recipes on the boards here, and don't be afraid to ask about what you are supposed to eat and not supposed to eat, lots of peeps will be willing to help you out on here!!  ;D

it's like one big happy family 'round here, we share one common goal, we all want to be fit and trim, healthy and HOTT!!  ;)

see ya around!!

{{hugs}} and prayers,
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Daundra, you will be fit and slim, and the good thing you don't have to go hungry to do it.  LDL is a wonderful way to eat.  Welcome to the boards.  God is faithful to us and He wants us fit.  :thumbsup: JF
Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

I got the book a few weeks ago and I've been skimming the boards for about a week. Thanks for the encouragement. It's good to know I'm not going it alone. :)
11 lbs lost!

God has given to me so abundantly and He has taken from me greatly, but even in my hardest, most painful moments He is no less good or loving. Blessed be the name of t
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

We are all here with you. Most of us have been there and done that.
I am amazed how eliminating all grains really changes fat deposits.
This is the first time I was able to see the fat disappear from my belly, hips and thighs.
Best thing it came off without portion control, without counting calories.
The book Wheat Belly explains why people continue to be fat even though eating healthy.

So happy you are posting.
I think it helps to post.
Besides you will be making some really great new friends!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Daundra -- So glad you've found LDL.  Welcome to the best way of eating and losing weight.  I know that I've been so blessed and know God led me to this way of eating.  I find that staying away from all grains is the key.  Now I'm reading a book called Wheat Belly that just confirms why.  I love understanding the "whys" something works, it helps me stay stronger in it. 

If you are a writer, then writing is also probably theurapeutic for you -- I know it is for me.  Use these boards to ask questions, express yourself, and lend encouragement to others.  It has been a big blessing to so many of us.  I've learned so much on these boards that has helped me. 

God bless you in your efforts to get healthy and be ready for whatever God has in store for you.  That is exactly how I feel about getting healthy.  I want to be whatever God wants me to be, and I can't give my best if I'm ill and weak. 
Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.  :)
11 lbs lost!

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Nice to meet you.. You are beautiful, and one day you will have that so awaited baby. Just as you said get yourself healthy and the rest will come. Good luck on your road to skinny town, keep us posted as to your success.  :rose:
Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

Thanks. My weight loss has slowed a lot, but i'm not worried about that because I'm 5 weeks pregnant!  ;D my main concern now is eating healthy for my little one.
11 lbs lost!

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Great to see your beautiful picture.  You certainly don't look like you have 70# to lose!  Pam
Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

Thanks. I carry my weight weird, mostly in my thighs and belly. People don't believe I'm over 200 pounds they guess 150-160. I have a really long trunk so I guess it kinda stretches my belly fat out. Lol
11 lbs lost!

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

:)!
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

nice pic! you are beautiful!  ;D congrats on your little one!!

best wishes....

jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com