almost there

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
TNangela

Re: almost there

Post by TNangela »

Richard,
I am so happy for you....when my hubby met this goal  we heard those trumpets sounds also!!!
Thanks for sharing your success with us!!
ANG
jeandolleen

Post by jeandolleen »

thanks Niki for your support and encouragment to everyone.  God bless.  Jean  ;D
Tori

Post by Tori »

WOO HOOOOOO!!!!
*doin' the happy dance*

Congratulations, Richard!! That is soooo incredibly awesome!
You are hereby dubbed "LDL King for a Day!" 

Enjoy! ;D
niki

Post by niki »

hey tori...with my cinderella personality,how did i become "queen for a day"?..niki
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

Hey Guys you have made my heart bust open with the love I am feeling from all of ya'll...yeah i said it Ya'll!!!

I have been so busy with end of the month invoicing and stuff i find it hard to get to the boards every day.

Little Mary, Niki, Tori and ANG...since i joined this group you guys have been my guardrails and have lit the path for me to walk without stubbing my toe. Roger opened the door to a whole new world of freinds and great people who share the same goal. To be healthy, Alive and enthusiastic about spending what little time we have have with the people we love.

I read a study once about how we as people need structure and organization. We cannot live without it. They took a group of school kids and watched them play in a fenced school yard. The kids were happy , running , shouting and confident.

One weekend the fence was removed and so the scientists studied the kids and their reaction to no fence. The kids were timid, kept close to the building and very few of them ventured anywhere near the boundary of the former fence. Most of the kids in fact sat down on the playground and were for the most part quiet.

summary: Without boundaries or guidelines to provide structure in our lives we have no confidence, no freedom or spirit. We become disconnected and lose our way very easily.

LDL provides all of the structure we need to fulfill our need to eat and be satisfied. It provides help in the form of this group who at a moments notice are eager to take us by the hand if need be and help us jump the next hurdle.

I love all you guys for being there 24/7 and it is real easy to forget sometimes that you guys are  STILL doing LDL too and not a panel of experts in a secret room that have been there and done that. it is also amazing of the healing we all recieve when we focus on others and when we decide to change ourselves first for the better...isn't it funny how other people change too?

rh
Richard Hernandez
Tori

Post by Tori »

niki wrote:hey tori...with my cinderella personality,how did i become "queen for a day"?..niki

As if you have to ask! You are always here to help, encourage, and lift others up in prayer. Why wouldn't you be Queen for a Day? ;D
Tori

Post by Tori »

rhernan216 wrote:I love all you guys for being there 24/7 and it is real easy to forget sometimes that you guys are  STILL doing LDL too and not a panel of experts in a secret room that have been there and done that.
rh

Expert? I'm not even close! I am a beginner, just like you are. Matter of fact, I weighed myself today, (after not weighing for quite a while), and I haven't lost one single pound. However, my wedding ring is *loose* on my finger for the first time in a year, I have went from a size 16 to a size 14, (just went shorts shopping ... woo hoo!), and my cheekbones are coming out again. YAY!!! So, while the scale may not say I am losing weight, my body is definately changing for the better, and I feel soooo much healthier!

I also have hypothyroidism, so I believe I may be a slow loser like Niki. That's ok with me. I can see and feel the changes going on, and that works for me. If it takes me a year to lose the last of the weight, so be it. I can deal with that.

Anyway, all of this to say that I am in the same boat you are, and am happy to lend any type of encouragement that I can! We're in this together, my friend! 

Keep up the good work! Image
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Richard,
I enjoyed your guardrail story...shortly after i met my goal on LDL I disappeared from the message boards but found it harder to maintain my loss without the encouragement of others.  I am fortunate that I no longer struggle with the need to lose weight but I feel this is such a good program and a Godsend I want to encourage others and be of some help.  I am so proud of you and think you should be king of the week!!
ANG
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

well I am on the brink of needing my daily fix of encouragement, postive attitudes and witness to lives changing before my very eyes. No drug could ever match the intensity and satisfaction that the stories and fellowship I have found on LDL. I love my wife more and my family more. I see things alot more clear now and feel the road I am on is the right one.

God Has Blessed me so much in the last 6 weeks I almost feel guilty for the fortune he has laid before me. The only way i know how to thank him is to help support all of you and to stay commited to the vision he blessed ROGER with.

Our God is an Awesome God!!!

rh
Richard Hernandez
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Rich (or do you perfer Richard) great to hear you broke the 300 mark !! It's also great to see so many other successful stories with LDL !! Keep up the good work.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

either is Fine ...just don't call me Ricky please...(chuckle)
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

like ricky ricardo?.....
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

You got it!!! I don't play conga drums.

rh
Richard Hernandez
Tori

Post by Tori »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi, Tori. I haven't been able to say that for awhile, and we so love your being back with us, taking care of the "bulletin boards" and encouraging so many others.

Congrats on your losing a full size! You have lost the weight, but your scale is not showing it as yet. Not to worry, it will. When I was losing, one time my scale told me that I had gained 8 pounds, but I knew better because I had dropped a size in my clothing. You're also right when you refer to Niki...her scale didn't show any weight loss until the 3rd month, but then the weight just fell off.

Again, thanks for all you do for Let's Do Lunch, as well as for other people in general...you're one of the greatest!

Keep it going and keep us posted.

God bless,

Roger Troy

Thanks Roger! It feels good to be back among my friends! Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about the re-design of the site. I'm working on a few things here, and trying to see what I think will work the best. Now that we are moved in, hopefully things will settle down a bit, and I can really get to work on it!  8)

Thank you for the encouragement on my weight-loss! I told my husband, "I don't care what the scale says ... my rings are loose, and I had to get smaller clothes. THAT'S what it's all about!"

By the way ... hubby is doing great! He has definately lost weight too. He was walking across the living room the other day and his pants literally FELL DOWN around his ankles! 

Needless to say, he's loving LDL too!
niki

Post by niki »

thanks tori....you are so cute.......
  richard..again...more words of wisdom that will stay with me for a long time.....HOW old did you say you are?...YOUR wisdom and insight is awesome(i told you,it is one of the gifts you've received from the Lord)...always such a right word at the right time......AND speaking of support?....from when you first came on board,YOU were reaching out to ANYONE who needed a kind word or thought.........
  i feel that we are all in this for the long haul.....and it makes me really happy.......thank you guys again and again.............God bless ya'll........niki(see,not bad for a yankee) 
niki

Post by niki »

hi richard..i've really been thinking about the children in the schoolyard who felt more secure with that fence....isn't that how we are as believers when we trust the Lord?...we know He's there...we know He's on our side....and times in our lives when we don't trust the Lord,aren't we like the children without the fence,cowering and frightened?...............
                                       a jedi in training