First Update

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

First Update

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you an update on my progress.  I will be starting my 4th week on LDL and have lost five pounds and three the week before on my own.  A total of eight pounds....not much you say.....but for me, thanks to my Gentle Jesus, next to a miracle!  I have lost and gained the same ten pounds in the last two years while being on every diet imaginable.  All of them left me STARVED, angry, ashamed and heart sick.  I prayed to God to show me the way out of this agony.  He responded and sent me Roger on TV.  I caught only a few moments of what he was saying but did remember the URL.  Went to the web site that morning and read some of the posts.  I ordered the book and read it cover to cover.  Now re-reading it again. I have never had results like I am now experiencing. 

Some things that totally amaze me:

.  I lost my craving for coffee.  Now can't even get down a whole cup where I used to down a pot a day.
.  Lost my craving for diet pop.  I used to have at least 2 cans a day....gone...   I had a diet pepsi with my card group last Monday and couldn't finish it.  It burned my mouth!!!  I now drink iced tea and/or ice water with lemon.
.  I am losing my appetite!!!  This morning I wasn't hungry for anything but remembered Roger's words...."...at least eat some fruit for breakfast"...  so I had some watermelon and was more than satisfied with a small amount.   Here is the gal that used to have two big sweet rolls with milk and a half pot of coffee on Sunday morning....unbelievable!!
.  Lost my craving for candy/sweets!!!  Thank you Father in Heaven.  This was my downfall.  I used to consume at least one whole bag of Werther's hard candy a week!!!

I set my goal at 30 pounds which would bring me to the high-end of the scale on the weight charts. Now, I will just let my body end up at the weight that is right for me be it 30, 40 or 50.  Already, I feel the difference.  It's like the fat is melting off.  I wore a pair of slacks to church that I looked like stuffed sausage in a just a few weeks ago!  I am just totally amazed!

Thank you Roger for being there when I needed you. Thank you to everyone for your wonderful recipes, your support, your knowledge and your hope.  And most of all, thank you to our Precious Lord and Savior!!

let's keep losing!!!!......

Jan
niki

Re: First Update

Post by niki »

hi jan.......by gosh,you've got it..........isn't it great?...it never ceases to amaze me....the stuff you thought you couldn't live without, means nothing to you...Praise God................keep up the good work...............niki 
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

That is FANTASTIC Jan!!!  LDL is truly amazing.

Patty
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Wonderful, Jan!!

This is such a wonderful plan, isn't it?  Keep up the good work!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
greenglass
New, but learning

Post by greenglass »

Great job, Jan!  Congratulations.  It has been motivational to hear from someone who seems to be a little bit like me.  Huge cravings for sugar and, when on a diet, slow to lose the pounds.  But you are losing the cravings and you are losing the pounds on LDL!  God bless you.

Lori
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

How wonderful Jan!  Way to go!  God is so good.  I know what you mean about craving sweets and then having this program and the LORD take them away.  I was at the grocery store tonight and while my husband was buying cheesecake I looked at the Cool Whip Lite (I've posted in the past how I was "hooked" on Cool Whip Lite).  Whenever I've been on any diet in the past I've always checked the calories, fat, carbs of a product but tonight I instinctively went to the ingredients (just like Roger reminds us to) and I said to my husband, "I don't see any fat, carbs or sugar in this product but I don't like the ingredients list" and that was that.  I thought to myself, "By George, I think I've finally got it" ;D

God Bless Us Everyone,
Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
niki

Post by niki »

by george,i think you HAVE got it........niki