4 months of LDL

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Mark F.

4 months of LDL

Post by Mark F. »

On June 28, 2006 I posted the following:

For years I have gained, dropped weight, and added more weight. I was at wits end trying to find a way to control my weight. When I hit 290 and a 50 inch waist I tried a popular plan that "allowed me to eat what I wanted" as long as I met certain point values. I lost 18 pounds before going nuts from the constant hunger. Then I was right back at 290. I heard about LDL on a news article (I think) so I ordered the book. It was the 10,305th diet book I had ever ordered and I expected it was most likely going to be another failure. After reading the book, I started the plan on April 30, 2006. Today June 28th I am 257. My long term goal is 190, so I am 32% of the way to that goal.

So far this is the only plan I have ever stuck with for more than a month. It is the easiest and most simple plan imaginable. While it is still early in my quest I can actually see this plan being a life time eating plan. I stay full, eat when I want and have no craving for sweets (thanks to the fruit).

I hope that in another 30 days or so I can provide an update of even more success.

Mr. Wilson, thank you for sharing you plan.

My July 28th post:

Here we are one month later. Today I weighed 246 pounds and I believe the program is truly a God sent way to eat. I eat very well and I am never hungry.

I went to the doctor for my quarterly high blood pressure check up last week. My blood pressure was down and he cut my medication in half. My cholesterol went from 191 down to 129, my LDL Cholesterol from 120 to 90 and my blood sugar from 100 to 75. My doctor was amazed and has promised to buy the LDL book.

Since dropping 44 pounds I am now getting out and jogging and bike riding. It feels great and I feel ten years younger.

I plan not only to take off another 56 pounds, to reach my goal of 190 but to eat this way for many years to come.

I am still just amazed at this plan and will check back in on August 28th.

OK one month later and today is August 28th.

This morning I was 235; I’m down 55 pounds and have 45 to go to reach my goal. I still can’t believe the way I am eating. There is no reason to ever be hungry with this eating plan.

In my job, there are some people I see everyday and others that I may only have contact with every few months. Last week we had a divisional meeting and several people I had not seen in several weeks were shocked at my weight loss. I’ve got to admit it really felt good. A side effect of it was much more confidence. Instead of trying to remain low key I actually walked around and talked to people.

I also had a chance last week to really appreciate the plan. I had lunch with one of our financial people who is a life time member of a popular weight loss plan. I ordered a half of a chicken, a side of peas and a side of tomatoes and okra. She ordered a single grilled chicken breast, a side salad and a dry potato. When our lunch came I used BBQ sauce (mustard based) and she sprinkled some type of dehydrated butter flakes on her potato. I have to say her lunch was less than appetizing. She chastised me for eating too much and told me I was never going to keep my weight off if I did not pay more attention to portion control. I tried to explain the LDL plan to her but she is dead set on her plan which seems to work for her. 

The exercise is coming along too. I am jogging three days a week (very slowly) and bicycling leisurely two days a week. On Saturday it is yard work and on Sunday maybe a walk or not, I make Sunday’s optional.

I expect the weight loss to slow a little as I try to get the last 45 off, but that will be OK.

All I can say is I wish I knew if this plan 20 years ago….THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for sharing this with the world Mr. Wilson.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: 4 months of LDL

Post by Queenie »

Mark - That is a beautiful testimony.  I am going to send it to a friend of mine.  I'm fairly new to LDL - just a little over a month, but I agree with everything you've said.

Best of everything to you - I'll look forward to your continuing story!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

It is wonderful to hear the updates from you and your sister!!  Keep up the good work, tell Jenibug I look forward to reading about her progress soon!!
ANG
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Wow Mark, I'm a Newbie and what an inspiration you are.  Thanks for sharing.

God Bless Us Everyone!

Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

Well done AND well said Mark. Congratulations!
Patty
niki

Post by niki »

hi mark...thanks for sharing your success....it's wonderful to see how well you're doing.......keep up the good work...............niki 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Congratulations Mark!  ;D

I am a total newbie with over 200 pounds to lose.  Thank you for sharing and giving me yet another example of how this plan works! 
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jenibug530 »

I am very proud of you!! You look great and I know you are healthier!!! It's really fun when others start to notice!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Tress - what is your user name so that we can go look?  And maybe the website?

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

Mark I hear what you are sayin' my brotther...this plan is the best and I defend it tooth and nail against any plan out there. All of my levels were great compared to my last visit a year ago and my doctor encouraged me to whatever I was doing to keep doing it. There are so many varities and recipes on the site and inthe book that one could never grow tired of the foos available on this plan. The food has always been there for us it just took an open heart and mind in accepting:
1) we were overwieght
2) sick and tired of being sick and tired

Now we are ready to move forward and get on with life as it meant to be. What is even better yet is that how many other people do we know that are watching us from afar and will themselves be motivated to begin their LDL journey?

Ain't it great?
Richard Hernandez