I almost forgot

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
minnieme

I almost forgot

Post by minnieme »

I almost forgot to share this little victory...My ds turned 10 this past wednesday and we had his party and Chuck E Cheese's.  We ordered pizza's and there was cake.  I, however, made sure that I had a huge smoothie before I left for the party and then only drank unsweetened iced tea.  My girlfriend tried to talk me into eating a piece of cake and when I refused she actually held out a fork full and tried to put it in my mouth, all the while saying "it's your son's birthday  you have to have some cake! :o But, I did not have cake and I don't think wild horses could have made me eat cake.  And amazingly enough the world did not stop turning and my darling 10 year old was not offended that I didn't eat a piece of his birthday cake. And I went home feeling very proud of myself instead of buzzing from sugar...Thank you Roger - Thank you Lord!

Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
niki

Re: I almost forgot

Post by niki »

God bless you,mary......that's great....isn't it a wonderful feeling?...keep up the good work...niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Congrats Mary, I dont understand why people try to push us to eat...
I have said it here before but I think peer pressure for eating is as prevalant as other forms of pressure.....I cant wait until the entire nation and neighboring nations have heard of and are trying LDL...we will no longer be the unhealthy nation then...
ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

I think someone who knowingly tries to stuff a forkful of something sinful at someone's face is a very jealous and small-minded person, insecure in their own INability to refrain from eating what isn't good for them. I think I would have shoved the fork right back at them! I have no tolerance for those that try and force "their" ways on anyone else, no matter what they concern. Power to you, Mary, for maintaining the upper hand - and your cool! :) ........nyKath
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful words of encouragement and support. 

Mary :)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

NyKath...I agree and what is so very interesting about the friend who pushed the forkful of food at me is that she had gastric bypass surgery almost three years ago.  I don't understand...go figure. 

God Bless Us All!  Thanks Be To God.

Mary
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

You could contribute it to that B I G   Green[/glow] MONSTER...jealousy.  I think your friend is jealous that you are doing what she could not do on her own.  She had to have by-pass surgery done...and you are succeeding on your own.

I am getting excited more and more each day!  Usually I fight the PIZZA monster every week.  We even had leftover PIZZA in the refer at work...and it wasn't even tempting to me.  So far, I have been able to only follow "distantly"...but it will get better in the next couple of days for me.

Congratulations!

Forever Young
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Thanks for your feedback Forever Young and I am sure you hit it right on the "green" head!  Congratulations on avoiding the pizza monster!  Keep up the great work and it will get easier and easier.

God Bless Us Everyone!

Mary :)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Forever Young wrote:You could contribute it to that B I G   Green[/glow] MONSTER...jealousy.  I think your friend is jealous that you are doing what she could not do on her own.  She had to have by-pass surgery done...and you are succeeding on your own.

I am getting excited more and more each day!  Usually I fight the PIZZA monster every week.  We even had leftover PIZZA in the refer at work...and it wasn't even tempting to me.  So far, I have been able to only follow "distantly"...but it will get better in the next couple of days for me.

Congratulations!

Forever Young

Forever Young I HIGHLY recommend Little Mary's Portabello Mushroom Pizzas.  I too was a Pizza addict.  I tried them one night when I was really wanting a pizza and it really squelched the craving. 

God Bless ALL of you for sharing and caring on these boards.  You may never know how much you are helping another human being in their struggle.  :)
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.