NEW UPDATE -Success 1 month & going strong!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
AzRuth
New, but learning

NEW UPDATE -Success 1 month & going strong!

Post by AzRuth »

Wow!  I am so blessed to report that my husband (Ron) and I have joined you all in this great adventure of losing weight and keeping it off the LDL way.  While browsing in a book store on vacation back east in August I found Roger's book.  It looked so interesting that I sat down and read the whole book!  I started immediately putting some of the ideas into practice even though others were cooking for us.  Upon our return home we began to eat LDL foods and put it to work for us.  I really love this eating plan and have lost 9 lbs. this past month.  I am so excited because I can do this plan and it's working!!   Thanks Roger for writing the book and thanks to all of you who participate on these boards and are an encouragement to those of us who are just getting the "hang of it".  Blessings to you All!!!
Az.Ruth
Last edited by AzRuth on November 9th, 2006, 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
nyKath

Re: Success 1 month & going strong!

Post by nyKath »

Great success, Ruth! Yay!! ...NYKath
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

EXCELLENT, Ruth!!

Isn't it amazing?  No cravings and NO hunger!  Keep in touch with us and jump in and chat when you have the chance.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

that's great,ruth.....it's wonderful that you are already successfully doing let's do lunch....make sure you continue to eat until full eating from all the food groups...please don't hesitate to ask ANY questions....welcome.....niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

GREAT  JOB!!!  It is much easier when your companion joins you on this eating plan.  Keep up the good work!!!  Keep us posted on all your successes!

(Jeanne) Forever Young
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Congrats to you and Ron! It is nice to have someone on the same plan. My wife and I are in week 3 (although she has much less to lose than me). Keep us posted on your progress.
AzRuth
New, but learning

Post by AzRuth »

Thanks so much for all the encouraging words from you all.  I've been reading alot of your posts on these boards, so much so that I feel like I know some of you personally.  I haven't quite figured out what all the "ranch" talk is about, unless it's a fantasy ranch.   ???     So far I think I've tried at least 15 new recipes from the book and off this web site--- and most of them are keepers.  I've  looked for ways to cook more healthfully for years so these additional recipes are such a blessing.  Maybe I'll share some of mine as time goes by.  Discovering this eating plan for me is such an answer to prayer.  I've been wanting to lose 30-35 lbs. for years and keep it off.  As many of you, my experience with weight has been a yo-yo.  Praise God that is changing!!
Those starchy vegetables especially beans are a key to feeling full and losing weight.  Amazing!!
Blessings!    Ruth
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Congrats!

I am so encouraged as I hear of the successes everyone is having and am looking forward to the time that I can also share success.
                            Carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
princessvic

Post by princessvic »

I just had to let everyone know that my husband and I have had great success too.  I started ldl one week before my husband and he could not believe the amount of food I was eating.  Long story short he joined me "for lunch" and we have been doing lunch now for a month.  His weight loss is an amazing 26lbs. and mine is 13lbs.  We just love this new eating plan.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hey hey Princessvic. Congratulations to both you and your husband. You are both on your way to much success. Just remember to keep us posted on the boards... Mike
niki

Post by niki »

that's great to hear you're doing so well...keep up the good work....niki
AzRuth
New, but learning

Re: Successful 2 months & going strong!

Post by AzRuth »

Just checking in to let my fellow LDLers know that after 2 months we are doing great!  My husband, Ron, is down 14 lbs. and I am down 13 lbs.  Best of all we are keeping on keeping on.  No discouragement here as we are not hungry and do not feel deprived.  This alone is amazing!!!!!!  We are praising God and giving Him all the glory!!

Ruth
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

Re: NEW UPDATE -Success 1 month & going strong!

Post by chelebellehawaii »

Aloha from Hawaii Everyone!!!!!
well, about two months ago, i saw  our fearless leader on a christain tv  talk show and was soooo impressed with him, i decided to  find the book and read it. I shared it with my mother, my best friend, my father's caregiver, and my daughters. I touted all its possibilites to them, but wheni got to this website, i felt like this was just another sad attempt to conquer something that has ruined my life so far in my mind.
    I slowly entered my registration name, and was actually sick to my stomach thinking what a waste of time this ex-weight watcher, ex-atkins, deal-a-mealer ,ex-curves  loser dieter  was yet going to attempt .
    I remember reading the success stories, and being slightly encouraged because the loses we low..5 pounds, 12 pounds, big deal i thought.  All this is a modified Atkins deal! i thought.
It was funny how i showed it to everyone , but really in my heart i  doubted ANYTHING would ever help me conquer this giant who was destroying my life..not to mention my love life!;)
   So..here i am..about two months later...following  Uncle Troy..and with a lot of prayer and sooo much thankfulness i am very happy to say that i am down 15 pounds!  I couldnt even move my scale's numbers  when i worked out 5 days a week going to curves and a gym. i mean i must have killed my self trying! But, now.....My two little daughters Sophia and Heather see mommy eating all this food and cheerfully announcing..momma lost another two pounds girls! and they have started becoming aware of the bad things to eat and the things that move the scale...The sad thing is- my sister tina- she had the lapband surgery and has lost 150 pounds but is miserable and throwing up bits and peices every meal. She obsesses over food and eating because her stomach is only the size  of a ping pong ball and she has spent over  $10,000 dollars and still has not learned to control her cravings and making peace with food and herself as  lets do lucheroonie has taught me. Plus she has to see a doctor for the rest of her life every couple of months and cant eat a beautiful green salad without throwing up. I decided that if i had to be on a diet if i got gastric bypass or a lapband, why not just be on lets do lunch...and i dont call it a diet..i call it..a life plan...i still exercize and i am a christain recording  artist/composer and do a tv show over here in hawaii and i have researched obesity for four years trying to cure myself -praying and pleading with God to show me the way..i was thinking how many wounded hearts doing lunch Jesus' way might heal. All praise and Glory be to the Father for this lovely new life plan. Aloha , much love chele   chelebelle1999hawaii..if anyone wants to be my buddy..here is my telephone number 1-808-685-5115. And iwill come back online every week to visit and see how skinny you all are getting. cya;)
  i have a really long road to walk like some others here in our safe web place and i was hoping there would be a couple odf silly crazy friends out there for me to share and encourage and send things from hawaii to.hehehe
Last edited by Anonymous on November 9th, 2006, 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Welcome Chelebelle!!!  What a great story to read this morning!!  Congrats !!!

Today is my 1 month update... rememeber me the whning lady :0)

Well as of today I have lost 17 lbs.. I can't believe it!!  I am so pumped!!  LONG way to go.. but this is most awesome and more than I expected...
Thank you guys for your support.. Thank you Roger for sharing your plan!!

I stayed on the program to the letter with the LDL food.. but I confess on Friday nights I have 2 margaritas... he  he he..  just couldn't give them up!!!  We always go to our favorite Mexican restaurant on Fridays.  No tortilas, no tortila chips, no guacamole, no rice.. so I eat vegan dishes or fajitas..
Thank you!!
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Whoo-hoo! You ROCK, HG! :) ...NYKath
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

WOW Chele... I was so glad to see your story today when I woke and signed on! I'm soooo glad you stuck with us and have found how well this plan works. Many of us are losing slowly and some are losing faster, but remember...(as Tom says) you didn't get heavy overnight, and you won't get skinny overnight either) and even 4 lbs a month is still 52 lbs in 1 year smaller right? and that's not looking at what you're NOT putting on. And not having the craving??!! Not going through what your sister is going through??!!! I'd say very worth it!
Please check in with us often...any questions? Fun silly stories?? we'd love to hear. We offer support and encouragement the whole way!
Welcome to the family!
Veronica
HarleyGrandma

Post by HarleyGrandma »

Thank You NYKath!!!    You are awesome!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi chele...i didn't realize you wrote this all already....what a fast response to  my question about how you're doing.....
  and i see you're doing GREAT.....i think it's great that a christion program from here was broadcast in hawaii and you are now a let's do luncher....your story is not much different than a lot of us here.....a lot of us were skeptical...i didn't want to buy the book..i looked for it in the library first......i figured it was just another "diet" book..........WELL,it sure wasn't...it changed my life...and i can see it's in the process of doing the same for you...
  continue to get comfortable on these boards...if you have any qustions or concerns,please let us help you..we're here to support each other.....in His love,niki