NEW UPDATE -Success 1 month & going strong!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: NEW UPDATE -Success 1 month & going strong!

Post by EnJae »

chelebelle wrote:
"... i was hoping there would be a couple odf silly crazy friends out there for me to share and encourage..."

You are in the right place for that!
What do you think Everybody, should we move the Ranch to Hawaii?

NJ
niki

Post by niki »

i don't know...are there alligators and croccodiles there?...because we can't leave tom behind ::)....how does our new hawaiian sister feel about discovering midwestern america?..............niki
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Oops! Sorry Tom! I apologize!

NJ
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Ruth, Ron and Chelebellehawaii, all congrats on your accomplishments. It's a true blessing that you are all losing weight !! Great job, and keep it up off !!

Thanks Niki for looking out for my phobia.  I know Hawaii is free for 'gator and crocs (or at least that what my friend told me when I visited him on the big island). If we move the ranch to Hawaii, someone needs to promise I will get to meet Don Ho.

Off Topic: My long and boring Don Ho story: a few years back when my friends and I were going to Hawaii, I mentioned the only site I wanted to see was Don Ho. Every place my friends and I would go, someone would yell out “Look, it’s Don Ho”. I almost go whiplash from swinging my head around, only to find NO Don Ho, and my friends laughing. This went on for almost a week. Two days before we were to leave, we were at a bar right outside a restaurant. A friend came up to me and said, Don Ho is in the restaurant giving out autograph pictures. Well I had a week full of “the boy who cried wolf” and refused to be a ruse again. Needless to say, the restaurant was owned by Don Ho, and my friend walked out with an autographed Polaroid picture. I jumped up and ran into the restaurant, but I was too late. Don Ho just left.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

mary,promise tom that if we relocate the ranch to hawaii,he'll meet don ho....
    what's so special about don ho anyway?...do you know how many let's do lunch songbirds there are?...every corner you turn at the ranch,there'll be music....EVEN if we lose power,roger can still play the piano and i can still play the guitar....and there are SO MANY songbirds,we don't need microphones....in fact,we might even start a group...who's going to be in charge of it?......not me...i don't know enough about music...i play folk guitar just well enough to accompany myself.....and that's what i own...ONE GUITAR...i have the model of the first  martin that martin guitars made when they were still in new york..it's the 3/4 size guitar that joan baez made famous in the late 60s when they started making this style guitar again.......you need someone who has at least a half dozen...........niki   
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

that's great to know, but do you know all the words to Tiny Bubbles?
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

i'll make up a new song called "tiny bubbles"....you'll never know the difference....the only thing is,i DON'T look like don ho(thank God).............niki 
chelebellehawaii
New, but learning

Post by chelebellehawaii »

A L O H A! Yes you are right you guys, no snakes in hawaiinot to say that some people have illegally managed to get them over here and have been captured and deported or placed into our zoo.
  The funny thing is, there was a time in hawaii's history where the rats were so bad, some genius thought of the mongoose as  the solution to kill them and brought over thousands. Only thing was...that rats were up at night when the mongoose slept so now we have alot of both! funny huh?
    About Don Ho, or as i say Don Who? he recently recovered from a  very controverisial operation having to do with stem cells being injected into his heart for his heart problems...At first the surgery was a success then took a trun for the worst- we thought we might lose him. He was just in the hospital , today is nov 18, 2006,and his children thought he would not recover.  I know Don Ho thru a mutual friend, and last time i saw him, he had had so much plastic surgery he looked super young, i actually didnt recognize him til he said hi.His daughter is a ,small Nickolodeon singing star, her name is hoku..means star. Her mother is married to my best friend's  ex hubby who is a lovely minister who loves God and is quite brilliant. Don Ho lived with three women at one time, or was it four, on three levels in his house, and several children, married to none. One wife, Patty, finally left and married a godly man. Don was addicted to alcohol and drugs for a long time and ran out of money and had to reopen his show in waikiki, in his golden years age 83 i think he is now. and it was a joke how he always manipulated the older ladies with a juicy kiss to get them to like him and buy more  pictures. He had to start from the ground up not too long ago which is sad, but thats what happens when you spend it on drugs and alcohol. Very sad. He says he is a christian.    thank you forever young for your encouraging email!
niki

Post by niki »

i guess his lifestyle is no different than the celebrities in this country.....actually, tom was just kidding...he's such a decent,Godly man....he would never be starstruck by ANY celebrity......although with don ho so far from the hollywood screen,i wouldn't have expected him to have that kind of lifestyle........in this country there are a lot that escape that lifestyle..there are certain people(and famous people)that you NEVER read about and know nothing about their families....
  and there was no issue with snakes..it was alligators and croccodiles.....i think we're alright with mongooses....
  so how long is it you're on let's do lunch and how are you doing?...............niki