Two Months plus one week weigh-in....

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
sweetcheeks
New, but learning

Two Months plus one week weigh-in....

Post by sweetcheeks »

Hi everyone,

Finally got weighed last evening at my TOPS meeting.  I had lost another 3.5# making a total of 18 POUNDS OF FAT!!!!!!!  I know it's not as dramatic as others in 2 plus months but I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!!!  I have tried so many times before on other diets.  I have gone to bed so many times so hungry that my stomach hurt and I couldn't sleep.  I have invested so much in diet books and exercise equipment.  It's unbelieveable that I can actually eat until I AM FULL and lose the pounds!!!  I am wearing a suit today that was hidden way back in my closet and hasn't seen the light of day in at least five years or more.  Don't get me wrong, I have a ways to go.......at least another 20#.....but I am so encouraged and so pleased.  I have told my family and friends trying to get them interested but haven't received much interest.  I will just have to show them myself what this wonderful plan can do!!!

Thank you all for your wonderful recipes.........keep 'em coming....and your support .  Thank you RT for thinking outside the box.....and most especially.......thank you my Gentle Jesus for pointing the way!!

And, as I am so fired up today, I have to add..........

GO IRISH!!!!!   

Jan :o
nyKath

Re: Two Months plus one week weigh-in....

Post by nyKath »

Congrats, Cheeks! And definitely by being a shining example for your family, you'll be able to catch their attention and turn their eating habits around. Wishing you all continued great success! :) .....NYKath
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Jan, Don't get discouraged if you're not losing as fast as someone else! You will lose at the right speed for YOU. And as Roger has said before, you didn't gain it overnight and won't lose it overnight either! Besides 18 pounds less is MUCH better than 18 pounds GAINED!!!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

You're doing great! Give the family and friends time, your example will speak volumes.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
flwrswlt
New, but learning

Post by flwrswlt »

Jan, I think you are doing great! Keep up the good work.  :D
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Jan,

You are an inspiration to many !! Keep up the fantastic progress !! Don’t compare your lost to others. The Lord has made us all differently. Hallelujah for each pound you’ve lost !! Each pound we loose is a testament to the Lord’s great plan and his love for each of us !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
ladykcusa

Post by ladykcusa »

Hi Jan,
My first post - just got the book in the mail today.  I'm 63 and have tried everything.  You inspire me to give this a try.
Joyce  ;)
niki

Post by niki »

hi joyce....you're going to love eating this way...there's really nothing like it.....just be sure to really eat until full of all the allowable foods...keep snacks handy so that you're never hungry.....with the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are gone...eating beans and fruit maintain those stable blood sugars and keep you full and satisfied..welcome to our boards.............niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Hi Jan,
     Congrats on the 18 pound weight loss.  To some people that doesn't sound like much, but, if you were to stack up 18 pounds, you would see that it IS really ALOT of weight! 
     I know that you are healthier by not carrying it around with you all the time.  Any loss is good...but...18 pounds is GREAT...and only the beginning.
     Since the 1st of October, I have lost more than 10 pounds.  (I am trying to stay OFF the scale until the 1st even though hubby says I need to weigh every day.)  I can tell that my clothes are getting a little bigger...not as much of me to put in them - Thank you Lord!!!
     God is so good to us!   He allowed us to find what He had shared with Roger that works...and I believe we can live like this for a lifetime.  I feel like my quest for a leaner me has been found...and I am seeking after it...and I know that I too will reach my goal someday.

God bless!
Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on October 26th, 2006, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

hey jan....i didn't see your post up there when i responded to joyce..i think 18 pounds is wonderful...you're halfway there....God bless you..keep up the good work......niki 
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Roger,
    I was born and raised in Elkhart.  Then 25 years ago Jim & I got married and we were sent to Iowa, and Illinois.  Then 12 years ago, we moved back to Elkhart. 
    I think "Rolling Pat" is from Rolling Prairie.  I have cousins on my dad's side from LaPorte & New Carlisle.
    It is really a small world when you get right down to it!
God Bless You & Neets & Mom!  Thanks from the bottom of my heart for allowing God to give you this mighty & successful eating plan!  I know that God is using it to help numerous people!
    On the 3rd of November, my husband has asked me to share this with our congregation at our Bible study & fellowship supper.  I plan to make the Taco Soup and several other things for them that night.  They will want hot dogs so I will do LDL baked beans.  Many of them have health problems and if we can get them on LDL, perhaps they will clear up so they can at least cut down on their meds!
    I am looking forward to when I will be able to report that I have been able to get off mine.  My husbands saying is: "My God can fix me...whatever is wrong with me...my God can fix me!".  Sometimes God uses the common things (food for example) to get us on the right track.
    Thanks & keep on telling the world about "Let's Do Lunch" as the doors open around the world.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki

Post by niki »

hi jeanne..your lives are a WONDERFUL testimony of what let's do lunch can do...and as i've told you,i think it's GREAT that your husband is so involved..i really believe that when we get control of food with let's do lunch,we open doors for ourselves for God to heal us.......God bless you both......niki