"LITTLE MARY'S STORY"

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: "LITTLE MARY'S STORY"

Post by Gwennaford »

Snoopy using wooden clothespegs to pin back her mother Donna's flaps of skin that are flowing in the breeze

Great Idea!  I hadn't thought of that ... it's how the magazine models achieve that skintight fit to the clothes they model, right?  I don't see why it wouldn't work with, well, SKIN.  I'd just have to figure out a way never to turn my back on anyone.  Either that, or try to explain away the sharp objects jutting out the back under all my clothes.  OOH OOH -- I know -- Stegasaurus in training! ! !

ROFL -- I'm crying tears of laughter.  Seriously, though - and I swear I'm telling the truth.  I WAS a size two for about five minutes back in the early 80's.  I lost 72# on WW to reach an unrealistically low goal weight for by body type, without the benefit of ANY exercise.  I believe I must have been malnourished as well.  My skin and muscle tone were SO bad that I DID literally roll under the excess flesh to fit my boobs into a bra.  I also wore fanny-shaper drawers and skinny-legged jeans to keep my rear end and thighs from drooping down.  

That was back in the day when walking for your health was just starting to be promoted for heart health, but the conventional wisdom was still that you didn't want to exercise too much if your success was judged solely by the number on the scale.  Because everybody knows that . . . (all together now) . . .  MUSCLE WEIGHS MORE THAN FAT ! ! !  

What a lot of people don't know is that lean muscle tissue burns calories 10 times faster and more efficiently than fat tissue.  AND firm muscle is so much SMALLER and more streamlined than fat.  A healthier, smaller and more shapely and attractive body should be our goal -- NOT an arbitrary number on the scale.  SO ... The moral of this story is -- PEOPLE - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do aerobic and muscle-building exercises as much as you are able, so we won't have to start buying stock in the spandex and clothespin industries!

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... 320#p43320

To see what some other members have shared on this topic, please go to the board home page and type "muscle fat" into the search window.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Gwennaford,

I couldn't agree more. I have been overweight for almost my entire life and I have also exercised my entire adult life. I believe I would be so much more unhealthy if I had not done that. I have achieved lots of success in losing but I could not seem to keep my weight at a desirable range for more than a couple of years or so.

Anyway, now that I have lost some weight on this wonderful program ( I may hit the 30 lb mark tomorrow  *woot* ) it is time for me to add the weight training back into the mix.  I have been doing ab crunches and the glider to make sure I continue to do something but now I am ready to do more! It really makes a LOT of difference in not just how you look but in how you feel - trimmer, more upright, powerful, energetic and focused!  :thumbsup:

And I know what you mean about the spandex. I am finally at a point where I feel I can go without control top pantyhose!  Gosh - it was so hot wearing them all the time esp under pants!  :shock:  You would think I would have lost some weight just from the sweating!

Julie :rose:
Lori K
New, but learning

Post by Lori K »

Mary, I LOVE your recipes!!!! I have been on the plan for 2.5 months. So far I have lost 14 pounds!!! It's been the easiest way of eating ever. Thank you for taking the time to help us eat yummmmy food!!! Keep putting in your recipes. I look for them.
You make a GREAT Mrs. Incredible!  -Lori  :thumbsup:
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

I am back on the boards after a break of about a year. I lost weight on LDL about 2 years ago. I was like little Mary and went from size 10 down to 2&4's. I am 5'7' so that is really small for my height.This way of eating does work and it is not hard to maintain.I took a break from LDL and decied to try the South Beach for something different but I missed the fruit and popcorn so I am back on the LDL and love the soups,popcorn and fruit.One tip I would like to give is make your veggie soup or stew(big batch) without meat and than put in freezer bowls. Then when I go to eat my lunch I then add the meat of my choice in the stew. Sometimes ground deer or I chop up a chicken breast.If I eat it at supper time I don't put any meat in it.Glad to be back.........
lisbeth
New, but learning

Post by lisbeth »

mary, thank you for your behind the scenes action in helping me figure out what I was doing wrong. I'm sure the weight loss will be better now.  If you can cook kosher, you can count me in for the trip to the ranch.  I love the support here.

lisbeth
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Thanks Mary for the welcome back...I can't believe how great I feel being back on LDL!!!! I have already lost almost a pound in 3 days and like you I am still skinny too.. South Beach was too much turkey bacon and eggs...I started thinking about the junk in turkey bacon and decied it was not a healthy choice...Then I watched a guy on T.V. that was selling Veggies in a pill  (thats what I call it) He said we should be eating 5-6 fruits and veggies a day and it was in these 9 little pills...It was going to cost about 100.00 a month. Than I had a light bulb moment and God said to me "HELL-OOOOOO!!!!
You were getting all those fruits and veggies on "Lets Do Lunch!" (When God speaks I listen.)....So here I am 3 days into Gods way of eating and I feel GRRRRRRRRRRRRReat!!!

Love all you guys and YOU can do it like me and little Mary did.....Mabe I can be Little Preachwife.HA!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It is very encouraging to have these success stories to read.  I know I'm going to be on of those successes, probably by the end of the year.  This way of eating is so good.  As I lose weight, I have confidence that it will stay gone.  I didn't feel that way on programs before.  I just don't have any feelings of deprivation -- so I can't imagine wanting to quit. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Little Mary, I really have enjoyed your story and recipes.  I am so grateful to my heavenly Father for allowing me to discover this new way of eating, and I definitely want to share it with others who are in bondage.  Thanks, Forever Friend
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Little Mary was my inspiration to get me to my goal weight....Thanks Mary!!!!
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Little Mary,  Thanks for sharing your incredible story.  You truly are "Mrs. Incredible"... :cool: And you are truly  an inspiration to all of us...  And besides being "Incredible"...you are extremely..."Credible "... Keeping the weight off for 6 years and counting....The proof is in the "Pudding" as they say... I mean  in the "Fruit Salad"... :laughing: Another thought comes to mind: "Every Picture Tells A Story...Don't It?!"  I think I'll write a song like that... Ha Ha!!!  :D  Keep on, Keepin' on...Little Mary.  I thank God for you  and I ask "Him" to continue to bless you , those you hold dear, and ALL you put your "Precious Hands" to...  Love you Lots... Love and prayers, Annamaria *love*
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

Little Mary, I  LOVE halloween!!!  Here's some of my past costumes through the years.  I made almost all of them, my favorite was the smurf costumes.  I actually made everyone's costume sewing with a stapler!  I've also been a big bunch of grapes (lots of purple balloons w/ a green hat), and the Flintstones (Again, I made the entire groups' costumes with a stapler)  Hope this gives you some inspiration!  I think this year a group of us are going to be cereal characters (I'm thinking toucan sam!)

Bees
Hawiian Punch
Charlie's Angels
Pinata
Smurfs
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

marysimmons wrote:Gosh, thanks for all the nice comments.  I am blessed to have so many wonderful friends here on the message boards! *love*  
  . . .
.......  I DO wish Gwennie could be here in her spandex super-suit and cape!  Can someone stop by her house and pick her up on their way down to the world famous Simmons family costume party this fall?!  

Thanks again for the love and kindness,

Little Mary

YEP -- I'm all "rolled up" and ready to rock ! ! ! Although this year I've decided to go as a SHAR-PEI.  AH HA HA HA.

Just last Friday I talked to the plastic surgeon to who did Neil's hand about the skin reduction surgery I will need when I finish losing weight.  Did you know that people who want to do organ donations can donate their excess skin for burn victims?  I think that is fascinating.  I could help a LOT of people LOL!  
Last edited by Gwennaford on August 31st, 2009, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

You are precious, Gwen!  :kissed:
mjeatmon

Post by mjeatmon »

Hi Little Mary,
Thank you for sharing you story.  I've seen your involvement on the boards and wondered why they called you Little Mary.
Your story is an encouragement to us all, especially me.
I had to go to the hospital to get an x-ray for my wrist because I thought I broke it on July 4th behind our house.  I fell down our hill.  Then the following week we went camping and I was in extreme pain.
While waiting to see the doctor, I saw a fitness mag. and started browsing.  That's where I found the article about Let's Do Lunch.  I was skeptical at first, so I borrowed the book first from the library.  My husband and I read it together and decided to try it and see if it really works.  We've tried so many other weight loss programs and loss but gained it all back and then some.
Although we started losing weight, I was still unsure.  I kept reading the boards to see what other people said and if they kept it off.  That was a really important issue for me.  Reading your story means so much to me.  Thank you very much from my heart.  As of today, I've lost 14 lbs. and my husband has lost 25 lbs.
Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea »

WOW! "Little" Mary... you are a huge inspiration and cheerleader to us all... thank you! :D
If you meet me and forget me, you have lost nothing, but if you meet Jesus Christ and forget Him, you have lost everything!

lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

thank you mary.  I am going to keep steaming on.. and I agree, that it is amazing that you take the time to help.  Jessica