8 weeks and 2 sizes

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
robnveronica
Master Member

8 weeks and 2 sizes

Post by robnveronica »

Well...it's been 8 weeks, I weigh in for a work competition tomorrow so will let everyone know my "Grand total" by tomorrow evening. But I know the weight is definately being lost! How do I know this without the scale you ask?? Simple...I've gone from a size 26/28 women's pant size to a 22/24 (COMFORTABLY) to possibly a 22 (depending on the maker!) I found a pair of velvet pants for a work Party for $8 at the thrift store but was almost afraid to buy them because they were a 22/24. I bought them and tried them on at home only to find "THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!)
I am soooo excited! I even have had people at work take me aside and say "You look like you're losing weight! Did you know that!?" I can only respond "Yes THANKS! I'm working at it and it's soooo easy!"
Thank you Lord yet again for the miracle of LDL AND for your messenger RT!
Veronica
mrsj
Master Member

Re: 8 weeks and 2 sizes

Post by mrsj »

Wooohoooo!!!!   I'm excited for you too Veronica!  That was a good deal for the velvet pants and the feeling of success.........priceless!!

The weigh in for a work competition is what?........a way to challenge & support coworkers on losing weight?
I know you'll be a good spokesperson for LDL!

Congratulations!
mrsj
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hi MrsJ: The weigh in at work has to do with a weight loss competition. We each put $40 into a pot and have each followed our own way to lose weight. Whoever loses the most in 1 month gets the pot! I was sick last week when we were suppose to weigh in so they postponed it for 1 more week. SO now tomorrow, I'll find out if I get the money AND continue LDL or just Continue LDL! Either way I win! I'm losing because I need to and because I want to be here healthier for my kids. whether or not I win the money is just a side note!
Thanks for the continued support!
Veronica
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

PRINCESS VERONICA!!!!

You are true royality whether you win the competition or not!  I am so happy for you and so proud of you!  Yes, we know that food is wonderful and that it's not hard to stick to the program - but I'm still SO proud of you!!

I know you can hardly wait to see what the total is so far - but the fact that you got into those beautiful velvet pants is a real testimony!!

Love ya, Girl
Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Veronica,

Congratulations!!!  We are all so very proud of you!!!  Doesn't it feel great?

When you can wear smaller sizes...you have ther proof that you are smaller than before.  I'll bet that you feel better physically too, don't you.  I can say that from my own experience.

Let us know about the money.

God bless!!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

HEAR YE HEAR YE!  The Queen Mum just wants Princess Veronica to know how proud and excited she is for your weight loss!  I want my grandkids to have the healthiest mom and you're on your way (weigh)    YEA  And Queen Mum (grandma) is doing her best to give them a healthy grandma too. 
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Ok...update...I WON the contest at work (By 1/2 lb!) so I got $200 (not including my original 40). I just spent some on 8 new shirts...and for the first time in what feels like forever: I GOT TO GO TO THE REGULAR SIZE SIDE OF THE STORE!!!!! I just bought size XL not the 1x or the 2-3x that I used to wear! and the best part is they're just snug enough to fit nice now and stretchy enough that I'll be able to wear them for a while as I continue to lose!!!!
I'm so happy and excited.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

YEAH VERONICA!!!!
HOW EXCITING! Did you feel funny going to the OTHER side of the ladies department?
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

YIPPPPEEEEE, VERONICA!!!!!!!!!!!!

How wonderful you must feel!!! Eight new shirts!!  NEVER in my life have I bought that many peices of clothing for myself in one day!!  (That plaque, "Who were you before you put yourself last?" still kinda applies to me. :-[)

I am so happy and proud of you!!!  You're going to have to get a new picture posted, cause you probably don't look like this one any more!!  Big hugs to you my friend - ANOTHER thing to be thankful for!!!

Love,
Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Roger: Your loving support (much like a Father's) means so much to me! I know I'm doing the right thing with LDL. And for once in my life I'm not doing this to "Please someone else" but for ME! You probably have no idea how much knowing I have this whole message board on my side and having you..the Author of the book/messenger from God...Means to someone like myself!

And Carolyn: I also am someone who NEVER spends on me! but Kmart had a sale and just knowing that my clothes are getting too big to continue wearing (and that I want to give them to someone else ASAP so I am never tempted again to get this big!) was the catalyst. Then actually finding things in a Smaller size...in the Regular Ladies dept! That was just a big bonus and I couldn't wait to keep trying things on!! I wanted more but contained myself mostly because I know I'll lose more along the way to my eventual goal. I only bought enough that I'll have a couple of shirts for casual and for work...now to just get a couple more pants that will be for casual and work and I'll be all set to completely clean out my old closet!

NJ: Yes it did feel weird! The biggest problem I had though with this store was the configuration...they had the junior's things in a section between the womens and the Plus sizes...so wasn't easy to shop! (since top is womens and bottoms are still plus sized!
Veronica
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I've been going to the regular sizes area just to look around. (I have plenty of clothes to lose weight with so I won't buy more right now.) BUT I actually get sort of claustrophobic trying to get through the racks of the other areas because I don't THINK I'll fit. But it's just my mind playing games with me. There is so much less of me than I am used to.
niki

Post by niki »

yyaaaaayyyyyyyyy......yahoooooooooooooooo......
  HOW SWEET is the taste of VICTORY......isn't it wonderful to just know you're going forward,you're on your way and you KNOW it's going to happen....keep up the good work,kiddo,you're doing GREEEEEET(and that was a tony the tiger yell)......................love,niki
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Congratulations Veronica on winning the contest!  That's just the icing on the cake (or the polaner all fruit on the corn thin) to winning with LDL.
I'm very happy for you!  :D
mrsj
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Way to go veronica... keep it up.  ;D

Carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Congratulations Veronica!!  ;D

Doesn't it feel great?  I'm so happy to hear it's working for you.  Hearing everyone elses successes just gives me more incentive to keep going. 

Keep up the good work girly! 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Gregg »

I just wanted to add my Woo Hoo!! Way to go!! I love reading these strories. I stalled a little bit (pre-Thankgiving) in the weight loss department, but I noticed that some of the clothes that were snug are in fact looser.

Thanks again for sharing these wonderful victories.

Gregg
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

And Gregg - good to see you again!

Carolyn

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Queenie wrote:And Gregg - good to see you again!

Carolyn

Why thank you Carolyn. I had a busy week of sales and then went out of town for Thanksgiving. I am in for the long haul, but sometimes posting time gets limited.

God bless you and yours,

Gregg