SAD

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Gene

SAD

Post by Gene »

4 th Month weight in , only lost 1 1/2 lbs this month,  I am really sad about it, but I have not one time been bad, have been true blue., but its better than nothing.

ICL

Gene

PS, Thats 34 1/2 lbs I dont have to carry around.
tcasola
Administrator

Re: SAD

Post by tcasola »

Gene, what's to be sad about. A 1 1/2 pound lost is better then a 1 1/2 pound gain. And when you calculate your total lost, that's about 8 pounds a month !! Nothing to sneeze about !!
Last edited by tcasola on December 29th, 2006, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Gene,
You probably have hit one of those dreaded plateaus... doesn't make it any easier, but knowing what it is you can wait it out.  I've been on one for about a month.  (I've not stepped on the scale, but I know I've not lost because my clothes still fit the same.)

I had a minor setback for a few days, but now I'm back with the program, so I will play the waiting game with you...

Hang in there.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Gene,

I know it can be frustrating to have been so good and to only see a 1 1/2 pound weight loss.  However, you have to keep your eyes on the future and the fact that 1 1/2 pounds is 1 1/2 pounds lighter than you were last month.  :) 

Do you do any exercising at all?  If not, perhaps a little bit of gentle walking a couple days a week might break the plateau.  I'm no expert on this, so it's just an idea.  In any event, keep going forward.  Remember you are moving DOWN the scale and not up!  *Hugs*  Don't be sad, you'll move forward at a faster pace again soon. 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Grammasuz »

Gene-- you're doing great.  See my post today under "monthly check in".  I've been at that dreaded plateau for quite a while.  But today I finally saw the scale go down slightly.  And we all lose at different rates.  I personally (though wishing it were MORE of a loss) am pleased that I DIDN'T GAIN over the holidays.  So do we look at a glass half full or half empty?  Keep up the good work and God Bless.  Suzie
niki

Post by niki »

gene...i think you're doing great...like tom said, an average of 8 pounds a month is great......in the first couple of months,people lose the best because they're also getting rid of fluid...you can't expect to keep losing at that rate...twice,i went 2 months without losing....i'm not kidding that i didn't care....and especially when you hit a plateau,you shouldn't weigh yourself until your clothes feel looser...just keep eating the way you're eating and one day you'll wake up and your clothes will feel looser and you'll jump on the scale and be 5 pounds lighter....i wish i could get rid of EVERYONE'S scales
    keep up the good work.............niki     
Last edited by niki on December 28th, 2006, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gene

Post by Gene »

Little Princess.

I leave my house at 0530 every morning (except in down pour of rain) and walk 2 miles every day, for the last 6 years. withmy short legs I make it in 25 o 28 minutes.
I am 5ft 2 inches tall.

ICL

Gene
Last edited by Gene on January 6th, 2007, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

WOW 2 miles in that short of time???  I guess the extra 4" in height you have on me does something.  I only do about 1 1/2 miles in about 25 mins (and thats if I walk alone and bounce along to my Southern Gospel music on my headset  :D )  I tend to walk slower when another lady joins me near my work, she is taller but doesn't walk quite as fast as me.
niki

Post by niki »

Gene wrote:I leave my house at 0530 every morning (except in down pour of rain) and walk 2 miles every day, for the last 6 years. withmy short legs I make it in 20 to 23 minutes.
I am 5ft 2 inches tall.
Gene

walking 2 miles a day?...you're doing great,gene......just be patient...you'll be as thin as you want to be....and,by the way,the last 5-10 pounds to come off are the slowest....your body DOES NOT want to give them up....so,if i were you,i would just continue on this program as if you had already reached your goal weight and all of a sudden,one day,you'll find that your clothes are looser and when you weigh yourself,you'll  see a nice loss..sincerely,niki   
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Gene,

CONGRATULATIONS!  I say "ANYTHING lost...IS NOTHING gained!".  I know that my loss has slowed down, but I keep telling myself, I didn't gain it in one month, so I cannot expect to lose it in one or two months time.

I USED to be 5' 2" tall...but on Friday when they measured me at the doctors office, they told me that I was only 5" 1 1/4" tall...so the shrinking (height wise) has begun.  My Mom was 5'2" and now my arm slips over her shoulder.  I was surprised to say the least.

Anyway, we will get to our goal...IF...we...just...KEEP on keeping on...on LDL!  At least we know that we are on the right road to success!!!

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

[quote author=Forever Young 
I USED to be 5' 2" tall...
God bless!

Jeanne
[quote][/quote]

I got all EXCITED Jeanne.  I thought you were going to tell me as you LOST weight you had FOUND height!!  I'm under 4'10" and I thought maybe I was gonna finally make it to 5'  :'(
I'm really not sad, glad to be losing the weight and being height challenged has never been a problem for me.  I'm not too shy to go up to someone taller and ask them to reach something on those upper grocery shelves-- you know, where my BUTTER BEANS are!!  And if no one is around to assist, I'm not against moving those cans on the lower shelf so I can get a boost. ;D
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Grammasuz,

I am just glad that my height  is no longer my width!  (Ha-ha!)  Just kidding!  At the rate I was gaining weight, I was afraid my waist (waste, really) was going to be a higher number than my height in inches!  It was awful!

My husband is 6"2" tall.  He has a very HIGH metabolism.  He eats constantly.  Until recent years he had no trouble with gaining weight...he could barely keep his pounds.  He no longer wants to lose any more weight (his clothes would be tooooo big for him...and they are expensive) ...and he would look too thin.  (That is a problem he has had all his life...SKINNY!) 

When we got married 25+ years ago, he was thin.  By Christmas he had put on 20 pounds.  He used to drive semi, and had to unload many loads by hand.  He really began to look healthier.  Then when he retired from trucking, he began to put on weight...around his middle.  Since we started LDL in October, he has lost his "spare tire" and really feels better.  He always tells me that we are eating LDL the rest of our lives.  He just supplements many extra calories to maintain his stature.

Isn't that just about normal though?  He was skinny and had trouble KEEPING his weight.  I am exactly the opposite.  I had to really watch what I ate to hold my weight down.  Opposites attract...huh!!!

Anyway, we are both pleased as punch with LDL.  We both love the food...and the way we feel since starting it.

When you go on your cruise...perhaps you will meet Mr. Right.  Perhaps you will know it...and perhaps you will NOT know it right then.  My Mr. Right IS everything that I want in a companion, friend and husband.  God does everything well!!!

Love,

Jeanne
Last edited by Anonymous on January 3rd, 2007, 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!