First four weeks! It worked!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
toomuchme

First four weeks! It worked!

Post by toomuchme »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that after 4 weeks on LDL I have lost 12 pounds!

This way of eating is not hard, I like it.  The challenge for me is still cooking for my family, the non LDL way.  However, they have started eating more fruit, so that's a plus.

The only thing I regret doing over the past 4 weeks is getting on the scale, I wish I would have waited because when the scale didn't move it made it hard to stay strong.

These boards have been a huge help, reading the success stories and recipes and such.

Hope to see you next month!

tmm
aj

Re: First four weeks! It worked!

Post by aj »

:)So glad to know it is working for you.  Today is my first day and I so want this to work as it has been very difficult for me to lose weight, I get so discouraged.  I cannot get alot of the things that are available to those of you in the states as I now reside in Mexico.  I can however get fresh fruit and vegies as that is what most of the prople here eat.  Canned beans are difficult, but I can sure get black beans with no trouble.  I will keep you all informed of how things are going. God Bless
Gene

Post by Gene »

Dear Tomuchme,

So glad for you, keep up with the good work, stay on LDL and it will really suprise you.

ICL

Gene
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

TMM - 12 pounds in 4 weeks!!!  WOW!  Big congratulations to you - that's fantastic.  Yes, hopping on that scale is a bad idea.  As Roger recommends, I only get on it when I feel my clothes getting looser.

I look forward to hearing your next progress report.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Good Morning to all LDL'ers!
I have reached my one month mark today and weighed in...and have lost 13 pounds...and I am so thrilled! I have been avoiding the scale as told on the site and boy, am I glad I did.The scale has been my nemisis(sp) in the past.
I will go to see my doctor for my regular check up in a few weeks and hope she will be as thrilled as I am. I will be sure to take my book with me to show her.
I am feeling good and going to continue with LDL. I have never lost 13 pounds in a month before..and
I have done Weight Watchers for years. I usually have that first week drop and then it is a battle...both mentally and physically for me to remain on  program. The cavings to eat or snack are gone with LDL and it is not a battle, in fact, it is a "Victory" for me. Thanks for the encouragement and support....Blessings to you all! Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

YAHOO!!!  Way to go, Linda!  We are so happy for you and proud of your success on LDL!  Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will continue to be the incredible
SHRINKING
Linda.  Everyone will soon wonder where you went!

Keep us posted to your successes...we are interested.  Everyone who posts is an encouragement to all the rest of us...those who are NEW...and those who are continuing on our journey but are not at the VICTORY line just yet!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

LRittle wrote:Good Morning to all LDL'ers!
I have reached my one month mark today and weighed in...and have lost 13 pounds...and I am so thrilled! I have been avoiding the scale as told on the site and boy, am I glad I did.The scale has been my nemisis(sp) in the past.
I will go to see my doctor for my regular check up in a few weeks and hope she will be as thrilled as I am. I will be sure to take my book with me to show her.
I am feeling good and going to continue with LDL. I have never lost 13 pounds in a month before..and
I have done Weight Watchers for years. I usually have that first week drop and then it is a battle...both mentally and physically for me to remain on  program. The cavings to eat or snack are gone with LDL and it is not a battle, in fact, it is a "Victory" for me. Thanks for the encouragement and support....Blessings to you all! Linda
preachwife

Post by preachwife »

Linda,
How much do you need to lose? Sounds like you know what to eat to lose on this way of eating. I am a Weight Watchers Lifetimer but I got tired of counting points and  I feel it let's people eat unhealthy food because they just count the points.  I started ldl last Aug. and love it. I went from size  8's to 2-4's and I feel great!!! I had a little set back the last couple weeks, but I am back on track. I think it was a little water weight and a little cheating. Mary Simmons,on this board is a great help so don't hesitate to ask her questions. What does your daily menu look like? It might help some of the newbies with what to eat.

Congradulations on your loss!!!!!!
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Preachwife,
I started about two years ago and have 115 pounds to lose...and it took me two years to get off the first 30.....and iijust could not make it happen on weight watchers...it is a good program....but not for my body, I guess. My diabetes makes it a bit more difficult to lose weight, as anyone with diabetes knows. I just got discouraged.
I feel I am on the right track to health and losing weight now that I found LDL. I am so much more content on this program and my husband likes it also. It is very imortant to find something that both the person needing to lose weight and that person's mate or family can participate. Having LDL to follow is a very good plan for our home!
I do not see this as the "difficult path" that I used to follow, but know it is a "workable and livable" journey. Just the increased energy and overall well being I have now is worth it all. And the weight loss is the icing on the cake, so to speak!
I thank you all for your responses...I can't wait each day to go onto the website and check out the message boards. You all are a "Lifeline" to others...thanks for your support! Have a great LDL day!!! Linda
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Linda,

You should see (if you haven't already) your blood sugar readings normalize.  You should also see your Cholesterol and Tritlycerides become more normal.  In addition to having to watch blood sugar, I have an inactive thyroid and I have managed to lose weight with LDL.  It is a great life style eating plan!  It must be a life style change...or if you revert right back to the old ways...the weight will start appearing as mysteriously as it disappeared when on LDL.

Glad to know that you are enjoying it.  I think it is a matter of re-training our brains to feed our bodies what it should be fed...and not what we were normally feeding them.
It took me a little time to retrain my brain to THINK in LDL terms!  I had never encountered anything as different as this plan is...

Keep us posted on your results.  We are so glad you joined our LDL lunch bunch!  Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and you will get to your goal.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

My husband and I did some shopping today and we stopped for lunch at a Chilis Restuarant. I wanted the chicken fajitas..so I ordered them and asked for no sour cream and guacamole and extra picodigallo(sp) and also did not want the tortillas shells (which were not wheat, but flour). So, I braved it and asked our waitress if I could have the lettuce wraps instead. She graciously obliged. I had my chicken fajitas on the lettuce wraps with a tiny sprinkle of cheese and a lot of picodigallo(sp) on them...and they were delicious. I came away filled and feeling good. I hope everything I had was truly LDL friendly. I asked if the fajitas had anything else added besides the grilled chicken, onions and peppers and was assured that was it..so, it seemed right to me. I learned another great lesson today...do not be afraid to ask for an exception on a menu item. My experiece taught me that restaurants do want to please their customers! Linda
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

yahoo Linda! You learned (just like many of us have) that it's OK to ask for a substitution or change to what's offered. I've learned to even sometimes add "I'm on a special diet and can't eat _________" or "I'm trying to keep my blood sugars stable".... they'll usually accomodate!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Linda,
That is SO awesome!!  What a great first month, and yes, most places will accomodate you - no problem!  And it really does get easier and easier.

Keep us posted - I'll look forward to your next report.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."