My battle of the bulge

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
PaulBigBear

My battle of the bulge

Post by PaulBigBear »

My name is Paul Big Bear and I am an entertainer (41 years) over the course of these 41 years I have gone from 6' 8" and 204 pounds (1970) singing in the Catskills and playing semi pro football (tight end) to 270 pounds in 1977 when I entered the squared circle of professional wrestling as the Concrete Cowboy to 320 pounds in 1988 when I retired from the ring. Respectively I went from a 32" waist to a 37" waist to a 40" waist. Shortly after retiring I was the victim of a vehicular accident, I was struck by a trash truck and sustained a broken back. Unable to work out and depressed I continued to eat like an active athlete until one day I weighed in at a whopping 430 pounds and a 56" waist. In November of 2006 as my wife, Angel, and I were prepairing to go out for the evening she looked at me and said "You look fat in that." Sadly I was in the shower. I had tried many diets and fads, even quick fix exercises to no avail. Then I saw Roger Troy Wilson on a talk show and heard what he had to say about weight loss and I was inspired. I went to the "Let's Do Lunch" web site and called the telephone number. I am by nature the type of person that wants to be very involved and informed in anything I do, I asked to speak to Mr. Wilson and found myself doing just that. I began the "Let's Do Lunch" weight loss program and in six months I had more energy than I had enjoyed in years, was three full notches in on my belt, and was now weighing in at 360 pounds. With another 60 pounds to go I feel great and confident that I will be "back in shape" soon. In fact I have even begun a walking and workout regimen without shortness of breath. I am taking back my health and enjoying my family and career thanks to my new friend Roger Troy Wilson.
CJ

Re: My battle of the bulge

Post by CJ »

Welcome to LDL. I also have my own battles of the bulge and am hoping to get back on track after being on a 6 month sabbatical of eating wrong. Good luck.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome PaulBigBear!
and
Welcome Back Carla!

NJ
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Paul Big Bear,

Welcome brother to the LDL family !! And I say brother for many reasons … one being we share a common activity.

Unbeknownst to many here, I’ve been keeping a “deep dark secret”. I too “tangle in the square circle”. I have been doing it for close to 18 years. Always on the “independent” scene - I never hit it big – but believe me when I say I am happy what I have accomplished, and the places I went. A few years ago an injury kept me out of wrestling for about 2 years – and that’s when I really ballooned up. About 4 months ago I was able to get back into the ring, but boy oh boy is it difficult – especially with all the added weight. Slowly but surely things are coming together, and I am grateful for what the Lord has done for me. 

So my grappling brother, maybe we can team up and finally defeat our number one nemesis. We have a lot of other folks who will be “in our corner”.

If you ever want to talk, feel free to drop me an email at tcasola@gmail.com -  and I promise I will contact ya !
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Paul Big Bear,

WELCOME to the LDL family!  We are all a bunch of LOSERS (At least in weight!) BUT...we are WINNERS in life, health and wellness!  So glad to hear of your progress!

Keep on keeping on...on LDL and you will get to your goal!  Roger is a great example for all of us!  This is a great eating plan...one that we can stick to for life.  It is just a matter usually of retraining ourself to THINK differently than we have ever been trained in our lives.  If this was what we grew up eating, it would be the "norm" for us.  But, as is evident in the fact that we are all looking for a way to lose weight, it is not how we have previously been eating.

I know that you will SUCCEED on LDL.  Not only with weight loss, but with feeling better physically.  It sounds like you are already experiencing both of those.  It keeps getting better and better too the longer you are on LDL.

Again, WELCOME to LDL and the lunch bunch!  Keep us posted on your success!

Jeanne 
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to the boards Paul! What took so long to join the rest of the family doesn't matter, but rather that you made it! Welcome to the family!!