Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Bkkr123

Re: Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Post by Bkkr123 »

Thank you Roger.  That is just what I did.  Start over...... I didn't weigh today.  Only been one week since last one.  BUT...

I rec'd my test results and I still can't believe the results although I could tell by how much better I feel, all in all.
CBC was normal      Blood Sugar:  99  (fasting)  Thyroid Panel:  normal
Total cholesterol :  197 (I have run in 300's for years and taken every pill they make (all of which made me sick). ( Was 305 
                                  before I started LDL !)
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

I hit wrong button and it posted......
  Triglycerides were 172      HDL (Good cholesterol)  43  LDL (Bad colesterol)  120  (triglycerides have always been high and the Chol. ratio off much more.

All  of the good results have been done since I started LDL May 21st.  Not even four months.......

Thank God and Roger and LDL...
Nancy in FLImage
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Bkkr,

I have experienced the EXACT same thing you are talking about here.  Not once but several times over the past year.  For me personally, I have found when this happens it is right before I drop another good bit of weight.  My doctor told me that our bodies do NOT want us to lose weight.  So when we are dropping it, from time to time the body revolts to try to keep us from losing some more.  The way I have battled this seems to work for me.  I eat more protein at lunchtime.  I eat so much lunch that I am stuffed.  I usually can only do this for 2-3 days and then I'm back on track.  My theory is that doing this fools my body into thinking it's won.  LOL  BUT I'm only putting healthy LDL foods in so they are not fattening.  Twice when this happened I also added eggs to my breakfast or dinner 2-3 times that same week.  I hope this helps.  Just remember that this is a lifelong lifestyle change NOT a diet.  Your body WILL adjust and you WILL keep losing.  ((((((((Hugs))))))))))  Hang in there hon.  We are all behind you!  :)  You're doing GREAT!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Forever Young »

Bkkr,

[glow=red,2,300]WOW!  YOUR  LAB  RESULTS  ARE  GREAT!!!

Don't you just love it when the medical stats PROVE how great Let's Do Lunchtm really works!  I was elated when my doctor had to admit that whatever I was doing was WORKING...and that he had a bunch of patients that needed to be on it.  I keep telling him what it is...but I don't think it registers with him yet.  SO the next time I go in, I will take some printed information for him to check out.

Keep on keeping on...and you will get healthier and arrive in SKINNYTOWN before you know it!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Roger and Little Princess you both were right.... The continuous hunger has gone and I did what you said, Roger.  I just ate LDL foods (fruit and popcorn as extra foods) and ate more protein.  The added protein seemed to help satisfy me.  I don;t know if it was physical or mental or both. However, I am better now and because I couldn't wait untiil tomorrow, I weighed this AM and I lost 2 more pounds.... !! This makes, finally, a total of 30 pounds and tomorrow is my 4 month anniversary on LDL !  From the middle of AUG to the middle of SEPT. I did nothing!!!! Now I know that if this happens again, I just eat whenever I feel I have to and add a little more protein for a few days.  That, "This,too, shall pass". I never thought I'd EVER pass that 28 lbs.  GOD is GOOD. I have 10 more lbs to lose to get back where I was when Mike died.  Then.. I will go shopping!!!!!!!!

My DH laughs at me when I put on my slacks.  The crotch is half-way to my knees, the legs flop when I walk and they lay on my shoes.  AAAAAAHHHHHHH Life is good!!!

And, Saturday is my last day on Lexapro !!!!!! I'll be off all the "happy" pills !!!!!

I thank all of you for your kindness and your total support. I really needed it the last few days.  I could have not gotten as far as I have without the Grace of God and the support of my two families.  God bless all of you !!!!
Nancy in FLImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Please have someone take your picture in your "BIG...BAGGY...PANTS so you can remember WHEN!  They are comical to look at later!

It is time for Jim to update my photos from before to now.  It is amazing when you can really begin to tell the difference.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  ON YOUR GREAT PROGRESS!!!

ALL  ABOARD THE  LDL  TRAIN  TO.....SKINNYTOWN!!!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

nancy.............CONGRATULATIONS.....i couldn't be happier for you....you got over a hump.....you lost 30 pounds in 4 months......you're OFF lexapro.........what a list of accomplishments....ABSOLUTELY keep up the good work....PRAISE GOD..................in His love,niki
ps.....DON'T forget the BEANS.............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
CJ

Post by CJ »

Nancy!  I've said it before but I'll say it again. Your angel is watching over you! He is blessing you with additional strength, determination, willpower and health. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I don;t know if it was physical or mental or both. However, I am better now

Oh Nancy it sounds like you're doing great on all counts!  Congratulations my friend on losing one of your meds and on exceeding that 28 pounds you didn't think you could.  You will deserve that shopping excursion when you reach your next goal.  We're all rooting for you.
God bless,
mrsj
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Wow, reading your posts Nancy just made me realize WHY I may have strayed from LDL. I'm finding there are days I just can't seem to get full and I'll find myself "raiding the fridge" to see what I can have. If I'm having those days right after pay day/shopping, I'm fine (lots of fruit, popcorn, veggies etc). IF I'm not so lucky, it happens between,  when food runs a little lower (recall have 3 kids who usually DEVOUR any and all fruit/healthy snacks of MOM's before I get home!!!), I'm stuck with what ever kids haven't raided. Then of course I have DH who fixes dinner for everyone and eventhough I've been on LDL 1 yr on Monday, he still dishes up bad stuff for me for meals (last night Spaghetti!!!!) Some day's I can bypass and find something else LDL approved. Other's I'm tired and just feel too lazy/not thinking about what is in front of me and EAT!  :-\  I'll just need to make myself get up, go to mom's or somewhere I can grab something healthy if I don't have at home. (Can't keep anything OPEN that's not refrigerated due to roach probs in apt...they get into and ruin EVERYTHING....YUCK!)
Congrats on everything going along better for you!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:I'll just need to make myself get up, go to mom's or somewhere I can grab something healthy if I don't have at home.

i REALLY hear you, veronica....when i had young kids, when i was NOT on track(which was a LOT of the time)i used to finish what they didn't eat and would then move on to more....AND you work full time.....
  now i have the problem that once i go off even a little, it's not always that easy to get back on...that's ANOTHER reason i look to follow the most basic plan....i'm always afraid i won't be able to get back.......
  you're making progress...and THAT'S what counts......and NOW we just have to work on your diabetic(in denial)husband.............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Bkkr123 wrote:Roger and Little Princess you both were right.... The continuous hunger has gone and I did what you said, Roger.  I just ate LDL foods (fruit and popcorn as extra foods) and ate more protein.  The added protein seemed to help satisfy me.  I don;t know if it was physical or mental or both.

I am SOOOOOOO happy to hear you are over the hump hon!  (((((((Hugs)))))))  I am completely convinced it is a physical reaction that our bodies go through trying to keep on the weight.  The good news is they are NOT in charge.  LOL!  You are doing fantastic hon.  Keep on taking care of you and remember we love ya!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by snowbirdie »

Roger,
        Bless you for offering your help. Kris and I have in the past found ourselves in this situation and God has pulled us through. I am so glad someone will get help if they need it. You surely are a kind soul. Judie
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

OH Roger!! You are such a Blessing to all of us! Sometimes I "THINK" I'm having troubles...when in reality it's more of ..... over spent on not so necessary things and forgot to plan for better things! HOWEVER If I ever did find myself in a true bind, I'd be sure to remember your sweet kind heart and offer!!
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Hey Guys, Thank you for all of the positive and congratulatory messages.  I can't even begin to tell you how much it helps and gives me "warm fuzzies".  I CAN DO THIS... 
As for anyone who needs help buying pluots, e-mail me also, nholdren @yahoo.com.  Sam and I know from whence you come and will do anything we can. (I , at one time, was a single mom of three boys (and half the neighborhood) and wondered where the next bowl of beans would come from.  Alas, they appeared, as God takes care of His children.  I am happy to return the gift.

Niki pushes beans, I push pluots.  LOL  However, pluots have a short season.

I have a project I'd like to brag on. Jessica (yes, Mike's eldest daughter) gave me a beautiful small picture albumn for mothers' day and I had not used it.  I have been collecting recipes from the message board since I came on line.  One day I got a brain-storm, figure out how to use the albumn to hold my LDL recipes.  So..... since one page has room for two 4x6 pictures, I can cut the recipe in half (if need be) and put both parts on one page, half in each  pocket.  I used sticky indexes for a few catagories like, Soups, Veggies, Fruit, etc. and of course, Misc.  Now, I use the LDL book, Recipe cards and my "cook book" only when making meals.

It seems that Jessica and I are not only joined by blood, but  by LDL, also.
Cool, cool, cool.
In God's name.
Nancy in FLImage
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Roger & Neets,

You two are the sweetest people!  To know that you care that much for those of us on LDL is amazing!  Most writers would charge you bunches for this program.  You have given it FREE.  And now you are willing to help anyone who needs it.  You are so kind hearted and generous!  May God richly bless you both!

Jeanne
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Bkkr123 wrote:I wondered where the next bowl of beans would come from. 

THANK GOD those days are over.............niki
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Niki,  ME too.  When my youngest was 15, I met Sam and on Oct. 3rd. we will be married 25 years!!!!  My life was changed so beautifully by him.  I never really want for anything (except to lose weight) because my heart is so full of peace and love.  God has given me His greatest gift (along with my children and theirs).  Sam was my rock when Mike died.  When he was gone to work, my personal hell began , thus the "happy pills". It has been 4 years and now I am completely  off both kinds.
  Praise to the Lord.
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Another weigh day...another  - 3 lbs!!!!!!!  I am sooo stressed !  My tummy is on a Merry-go-round !!!! Sam and I both have been stressed out.  Have had to make "weighty" decisions, plus the grandson's faux pas.  We made our decisions and are comfortable with them (for the time being) and next Wed. will hopefully settle the grandson's dilemma (to the good for him and all of us).

I don't think I do well with stress anymore.  I don't eat right (not enough food, and not at the right times).  I think I am just tired (age wise).  I sound depressed.  Maybe some, but not enough to warrent thase pills.  "This too shall p ass."
Nancy in FLImage