Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Bkkr123

Re: Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Post by Bkkr123 »

"This too shall pass."

Somehow this posted before I was ready.  I was trying to correct "pass" and the whole thing disappeared...

Maybe I'll feel better when we "run away" tomorrow.  (We are driving into the hands of Sam's nephew, wife, daughter and her family.) Daughter's husband is leaving for Iraq in a couple of weeks and we are having a "cookout" at our campsite. (and that of nephew and his wife. We both have campers and will be side by side.)  We will stay at the Campground at Ft Stewart, GA.  It is supposed to be beautiful.  Sam's brother lives in Savannah, so he and wife will join us from time-to-time.

Please throw us in the kettle of prayer-needies.

Thanks and love you guys.

In His name.
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Bkkr123 wrote:Maybe I'll feel better when we "run away" tomorrow. 

EVERYONE needs time to regroup...not giving yourself that gives you more stress than you should carry...have a great time....if you give me the name of your soldier, i'll ask my father to pray for him...my father is an 86(actually, he'll be 87 in a couple of weeks)yr old prayer warrior.....i only ask him to pray for certain people...i consider him the "big guns"....i sometimes clean out my section of his prayer list taking some off so i can add more, but's he's very persistent and often continues praying even when i tell him he can stop...he prayed consistently for the son of a friend of mine at work who was in iraq and he came home months sooner than he was supposed to.....when my friend called to tell me that, she told me "and tell your dad thank you for praying".........................niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Thanks Niki, his name is Jason Hunsicker.  He's areal nice kid.

Also ask your father to pray for my grandson, Anthony. 

You're a doll.
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Bkkr123 wrote:Also ask your father to pray for my grandson, Anthony. 

is he a soldier also?
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

I'm back....  No, Anthony is not a soldier yet.  He hopes to go into the service in the not-to-distant future. He will be 18 next month and is going through a trying time right now.
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

will definitely pray for him......that's a rough age......niki
ps...did you have a good time?
Last edited by niki on October 14th, 2007, 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

On Sat. the great neice brought her two very ill girls (broncho cr-- that was going around) and besides our arguement over whether they were "contageous" or not proceeded to stay until midnight  in our camper.  The girls were all over the place although ,we migrated outside to chairs in self defence.  By Tuesday night, I was SICK and did not feel well until Sat AM.  I gave up on LDL and almost everything and just flowed with the tide.  Our cookout Sat. was great.  The girls made me a birthday cake (chocolate on chocolate) and everyone waited until I ate a piece before they cut it out of celebration. ??? 
The campground was beautiful.  It is not on the base but on military property so we saw "Tank xings" signs, and heard firing most nights.  They will leave for Iraq in two weeks.  We saw a lot of wild flowers and butterflies,  and felt mosquitos and "no see ums"
The Fri night it got COLD and the jeans and sweaters came out, only to be changed to shorts again by Sun morn when we started home.

If I hadn't been so sick I would have had a much better time but I loved being away. We plan to really travel by camper after Sam retires next July.  We may even visit Snowbirddie.....
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

PS;  I gained 5 lbs .......... I guess, with my physical and state of mind and no happy pills, I didn;t have a chance...BUT...today is another day and another LDL beginning.
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Bkkr123 wrote: We plan to really travel by camper after Sam retires next July.  We may even visit Snowbirddie.....

sorry that you were sick while you were away......those are GREAT plans to travel by camper...i always wanted to do that...you'll make up for being sick on your next trip..........
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi bkkr,
      Come to see us folks up here in the far north. Even if you come mid summer bring some warmer clothes-sweats as it can get quite cold in the evenings-but not always.    see ya
                  Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

you guys really don't miss the warm weather, do you?....to tell you the truth, when i was heavier, i didn't like going to the beach....but now, wearing shorts over a bathing suit, walking in the sun, laying in the sun, it just felt SO good to be alive...   
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

I go to the beach up here......Rainy Lake. Only open for swimming Memorial Day till end of August. Water is Cold even in mid-summer. After jumping in water I am turning blue and shivering. Rainy is a Glacial Lake (made by glaciers) and feels like it too LOL.
      But it is very beautiful.....you can see it if you go to National Park service and look for Voyagers national Park.
  Hard to believe, but we are a resort area.

May G-d bless you
                                Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Kris,

Ir I remember correctly, doesn't or didn't your Minnesota license plates have a slogan on them that said something about, "10,000 lakes".  I cannot imagine that many lakes though in one state.  It must be quite a sight to behold!  Perhaps some day we will make it to Minnesota...other than just to take a load to St. Paul/Minneapolis and drop it off. 

We went tent camping in southern Michigan a few years ago on the 4th of July weekend and it got down into the 40's then.  We went to town and bouht a couple more blankets and slept with our sweat suits on the second night.  It was BBBBBbbbbrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Love,
Forever
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

graceface66 wrote:Hard to believe, but we are a resort area.

OH NO, it isn't hard to believe at all...it really MUST be beautiful..i just wondered about wether you guys ever miss the warm weather.....going to the beach and being in the water when it feels like bath water, not ice water...........brrrr......but you know, it's whatever you get used to....i personally, could get used to ANYTHING....i'm very easy going.........niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Forever Young wrote:We went tent camping in southern Michigan a few years ago on the 4th of July weekend and it got down into the 40's then.  We went to town and bouht a couple more blankets and slept with our sweat suits on the second night.  It was BBBBBbbbbrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Love,
Forever

Oh, you brave souls.... I've always said that my idea of roughing it was Black & White TV at the Holiday Inn..... I am SO not a camper!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Queenie wrote:Oh, you brave souls.... I've always said that my idea of roughing it was Black & White TV at the Holiday Inn..... I am SO not a camper!!

and i LOVE it.........but, i could live in a cabin in the middle of nowhere so you can't go by me......bring my guitar for music and a good supply of books.....trails to walk on.......sunrise..sunset.......niki
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

We went tent camping in southern Michigan a few years ago on the 4th of July weekend and it got down into the 40's then.

On our very first visit to Florida we traveled by camper and never expected to find 20º weather here!  It was March 1975 and on our 1st stop in Jacksonville we had the heater going strong inside the camper.
Our different stops through Florida went as far down south as Marathon.  Of course the weather definitely got better.
mrsj
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

niki,
      Thats just where kris and I live except we have satelite tv and internet. But I am moving to the Falls and leaving poor krissie out here in the woods all alone. She will just have to come to town.   
                          Judie
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Oh, you brave souls.... I've always said that my idea of roughing it was Black & White TV at the Holiday Inn..... I am SO not a camper!!

I hear you sister, I hear you!  Like I've said before, I'm not a "real" camper.  Maybe in my younger days I could have been....maybe.  Now, give me access to air conditioning or heat, if needed, and a microwave please.
mrsj