Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
niki
Administrator

Re: Late 60's and Losing !!!!!!

Post by niki »

snowbirdie wrote:niki,
      Thats just where kris and I live except we have satelite tv and internet. But I am moving to the Falls and leaving poor krissie out here in the woods all alone. She will just have to come to town.     
                          Judie

a cabin in the woods with satelite tv AND internet?.......sounds GOOD to me...........as a nurse, i have the advantage of being able to find a job wherever there are people........ 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

niki wrote: a cabin in the woods with satelite tv AND internet?.......sounds GOOD to me...........as a nurse, i have the advantage of being able to find a job wherever there are people........ 

But could you endure those winters????  Hey, Niki - Maybe Judie would rent/sell her cabin to you???

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi any time you are ready niki  I am moving out now. You can take ownership the end of the month. Just talk to Kris she can handle it all.
  Judie
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

snowbirdie wrote:Hi any time you are ready niki  I am moving out now. You can take ownership the end of the month. Just talk to Kris she can handle it all.
   Judie

i'm coooomiiingg..the only thing is that i still have these adult children living with me who won't leave the nest...as soon as i empty the nest, i'll be there........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Niki - Just move them with you...  If they don't like it - problem solved!!  They move out!  LOL!!!

But I know you'd miss that grandson of yours.....  Hey, maybe you could just take HIM!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Queenie wrote:But I know you'd miss that grandson of yours.....  Hey, maybe you could just take HIM!!

THAT'S a thought....if ONLY i could pull it off............niki
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Hi y'all.  I must admit that our "camper" is a motor home. We have TV (working on getting cable to go), laptop (have "air card"), microwave, gas stove & camping stove and camping grill.  It is fully contained and can be lived in on generator, but so far we have gone into campgrounds which have at least electric and water.  AND , most importantly, I have my CROCKPOT.  LOL  We carry puzzle books, yatsee, cards, etc.  I love the travel  part and I can keep in touch with my LOL friends.  We decided that , even with the fuel (we'd drive anyway) that a motor home was cheaper than a motel and food on the road. Plus we can take our two little dogs at no extra expense.  I hated dragging bags, coolers, etc. from one motel room to another.  This way it is all with us.  We are tossing around the idea of selling our house and making "Maggie" our permanent home.  We would use a campground here as "home" base and go from there.  We would be reverse "Snowbirds".  (What Floridians call older winterers from up north.)  I guess you'd call us "Sandbirds"!!!!LOL
We would summer up north.  International Falls---here we come!!!!!  After July 29th.
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

nancy...i think that sounds GREAT 8) 8) 8)...niki
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

nancy  that sounds great! can't wait to see you. don't forget your passport.
    judie
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Minus 3 lbs.!!!!!!  That is 3 of the 5 lbs. I gained in Ga.  At least my hard work has not gone unrewarded.  It has been terrible getting back on LDL.  I'm not there yet, but I must be doing something right.  Will post more later.

In His name.
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Bkkr123 wrote:Minus 3 lbs.!!!!!!   That is 3 of the 5 lbs. I gained in Ga.  At least my hard work has not gone unrewarded.  It has been terrible getting back on LDL.  I'm not there yet, but I must be doing something right. 

that's great, nancy.....this is JUST the time to get back on track with the holidays coming..........perfect timing........it IS hard, isn't it?....it would be MUCH easier if we just lived in a let's do lunch world........niki 
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:It shouldn't be hard at all...just go back to the basics, eating until you are full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is...until your body no longer craves the foods made from white flour, potatoes, white rice and regular SUGAR.

God bless,

Roger Troy
Nancy in FLImage
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:It shouldn't be hard at all...just go back to the basics, eating until you are full, whenever you are hungry, no matter how often that is...until your body no longer craves the foods made from white flour, potatoes, white rice and regular SUGAR.

God bless,

Roger Troy
Hi Guys........  I haven't been on for a long time.  Today, the only way I could "post" is by "quoting.".  Somehow, my laptop doesn't get the swame things that my stationary puter does.

Roger, I am having a terrible time getting back on track.  We are moving from a house of 25 years and 1500 sq ft to a "park model" in an RV "resort" of about 500 sq ft.  Do you know how much JUNK one (in our case two) can amass in 25 years?????  Besides it being traumatic (I am happy about it though) and a LOT of work, it is tempered with quite a bit of sadness.  ( A lot of my children are in this house, especially the one we lost.) 

Also, last Tuesday, we had to put our female part spitz to sleep.  Her kidneys had failed and there was no turning back.  She went from 13 lbs in Feb to 9.2 lbs Tuesday.  She was my only "daughter" and I miss her so much.  We still have a 14 yr old pom, male, with an attitude.  He is Sam's dog, Shelby was "mine".  "Cashew" is warming up to me a little and that helps me sometimes.  Maybe he sences my loss and my need for him to "cuddle".

Then there are the other things, like eldest grandson's tribulation to hopefully end on Dec 4th and his brothers' heart dr appt on Dec 6th.

I am trying to do LDL well but in the PM is just succumb to whatever is closest and I don't have to cook.  (Our "new" house is about 40 mi RT from the "old" one)  I am on the go constantly.

I start with the smoothie, and coffee, then continue with fruit-one-the-go, followed by WHATEVER, and end late with popcorn.  It is the WHatevewr that is keeping me from total LDL.  I am maintaining the weight of  around Oct. 1st  Before the trip to GA.  I lost the 5 lbs I had gained but nothing more.

Gotta go....will try to ck in more often now that we have the stationart computer at the park model.

In His name.....
Nancy in FLImage
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi nancy.....you're doing a MAJOR downsizing........that IS traumatic....NEVER forget that those you love are in your heart and your memories are in your mind...these stay with you ALWAYS....NOONE can take them from you....the Lord will see you through each day and for those that are no longer with us, we REJOICE that it won't be long now that we WILL be reunited with them forever.......
  what you eat affects EVERYTHING...your physical well being.....your EMOTIONS....there are times that you would have been praying but were overwhelmed by your emotions because of the fluctuating blood sugars.......just do it.....NOW, before thanksgiving is here and there's ANOTHER reason to stay off.....i used to put "dieting" off til after thanksgiving, then christmas.....new year's resolution?..lasted 3 days.....
  i'll add your name to my list and i'll pray for you....i've been praying for anthony as you had asked and isn't cody also yours, or am i mistaken?.....someone had asked me to pray for cody who is 10 and has heart problems...i've been praying for him regularly with the children i pray for(i'm just not sure who he belongs to).....God bless you, dear sister...God WILL see you through this to the end as HE has promised......in Him,niki   
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

She was my only "daughter" and I miss her so much.
Nancy I'm sorry to hear about your precious Shelby.  Pets definitely become members of the family. ((((Hugs)))) to you.
You sure got a lot going on right now!
No wonder you're a bit off track.  I'm sure you'd like to get back to losing and I believe you will.  Don't be too hard on yourself until then.  Maintaining and not gaining is a good thing.  If you're like me, a stress eater (whether it's good or bad stress), then it's amazing that you're maintaining.
I'm very grateful that with all my stress eating this year, I have not gone all the way back to my starting weight.  I missed LDL foods too much to not get back to it most of the time and that has to be why I haven't gained it all back.

Do you know how much JUNK one (in our case two) can amass in 25 years??
I know how much dh & I collected in over 30 years!  I know you are working hard!!!

My prayers are with you and your grandsons.
mrsj
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Nancy,

Just hang in there.  The end is coming soon to the move and down-sizing...and then you can concentrate wholly on LDL and LDL foods!  Slip them in as often as you can.  Do NOT stress over not being completely true at the moment...it seems like you are stressing about alot at the moment so this shouldn't be one of the items causing more stress for you.

Life is full of hard places.  It is boot camp for our jobs in the hereafter.  So, we should expect it to be hard!  But, just think of the benefits!!!

Here are some ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))).  Take a short break and just soak up God's presence and strength!  We love you and are praying for you and your family that God will continue to strengthen you through this hard place in your road!

Keep in touch!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Ok, this is one of those times times I need to quote FlyLady. "You are not behind. Just Jump in where you are!" "You can do ANYTHING for 15 minutes" (that includes LDL!! you can set a timer for 15 minutes and drink water, have a fruit, eat some popcorn, etc) and last but not least "I am PROUD of you!!!"

Baby steps are what it takes! You'll be FLYing in no time!! (FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself)
Bkkr123

Post by Bkkr123 »

Hello all,  I am almost totally back on track.  I have dropped 3 lbs in one week after being the same for almost 2 mos.  We are living in the "new" place ( half as much stuff still at old place.).  No Doggie door here, I have to take the little guy out (four steps each way) to go. Plus, we have a little circle at the end of our street and "Cadhew" and I walk that about 3 -4 times a day. I feel great again (by ignoring the other house right now).

I would like to tell you about one of the most spiritual events I have ever had.

When Mike died in 2003, my middle son and Mike's wife had a misunderstanding, and by Rick's choice, they have not seen or talked in over three years. Nor had he seen anyone of Mike's family in that time.  Since then, Doreen remarried, their eldest daughter, Jessica, remarried and had another little girl, Isabella, Sept. 2006. (To all of these things and many other family occasions, Rick and his wife were invited and never went, because of his bull-headedness.)

This past Saturday, David, my youngest son, invited them to a BIG 18th birthday party and pig roast at his home for David's eldest son, Tony.  I flat out told Rick (almost 49 yrs) that he OWED it to his remaining brother and nephew, to show up, if even for a little while.  I also put a little motherly bird in Rick's wife's ear also. (I don't step in often, only when I am convinced it is necessary.)  It was here !!!

The in-law sibling reunion and new husband meeting went well in spite of being very strained at first. (They all are very nice, loving, and kind people-----just, one has a ornery streak a mile long---).

Rick came to me, and said, he was trying and it was soo hard.  I hugged him and told him how proud I was of him and how proud and happy I knew Mike was.

later in the evening, Jess was walking around with Isabella (a 14 mo old who will go to NOONE but Mom & Dad no matter what you do!!!!!)  She and Wes, her husband, came up to Rick and his wife, with Isabella (We were all near enough to hear and see) to talk to them.  Rick said little things to Isabella and she smiled at him. 

Then, to the surprise of all, she put her little arms out to him...........  He took her from Jess and they enveloped each other..  Rick softly told her, "Your Grandpa loves you and Uncle Ricky loves you, too".  She pulled away from him, looked in his tearing eyes and smiled the smile of a knowing angel!!!!!!! Then, she pulled to him and with her little hands, patted him on his shoulder.....  There was NOT a dry eye in that yard. 

Everyone there felt the presence of something other than human. I say it was the grace of God in the spirit of a child.  I also felt Mike there, as Isabella is his granddaughter.

Even my brother-in-law and sister-in-law, down from GA and with us, felt it.  I had briefed then on the situation, in case something funky happened at the party.

The adult, knowing look on that baby's face was awesome.  She seemed to say, "It's Ok. You're doing fine.
All is well. It's OK."

This occurrence brought, Doreen over to Rick and everyone hugged (including the new husband).

I was told later, that even after we left, Isabella stayed with Rick for almost an hour. Leave it to a child to melt the heart of an adult...!

Thanks for hearing me out.  I do believe in miracles!!!!
Nancy in FLImage