Nearly 3 years and still maintaining!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
TNangela

Re: Nearly 3 years and still maintaining!

Post by TNangela »

thanks Tom and congrats on the super weight loss....i am so proud of you and the decision u made.....
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Thanks Angela - that really means a lot.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

ANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm SO happy to see your beautiful face!!  I was thinking about you the other day - wondering how you were.  I knew you'd had computer problems in the past and then your dad wasn't well... and, let's face it - with 7 kids, you've pretty much got every minute of the day tied up...

It's good to hear that you're still eating and maintaining on LDL - I occasionally eat non-LDL things & it also makes me feel icky...  I do hope you pop in when you can.  I've been absent more than I've been here lately.  My job has gotten incredibly busy & not only am I working very long hours - many nights I come home and work on my laptop... sigh.  :)  But I'm not complaining (too much!) - there are so many that don't HAVE a job and would like one, that I am grateful. 

TNangela wrote:....niki  I am gonna take a wild guess and say Joe will start as the giant since Carolyn is a couple inches shy of the needed stature.  ANG

And you remembered that I sort of have a height issue!!  LOL!!  Yer funny!!

Love ya,
Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

It great to hear from you carolyn.......I was wondering where you had been???I understand the work issue though........yeah we all cant be tall though Carolyn....I as a teen had wished I could be short.....so lol  we are never satisfied it seems.......I hope things settle down for you soon....and yea it seems like my computer problems and Dad's health had kept me away alot last year......thankfully Daddy is fully recovered and was preaching fulltime just a week after brain surgery........ANG
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

niki wrote:WELL, NOW that you've popped in, missy, there's a LOT of work to be done.....the next production is in the works.............
JACK AND THE BEANSTALK

and in case you're curious about which version, here's a song from our production...

i fear nothing when i am in the right..
                    whoever pushes me around will find me full of fight...

the ONE given for this production will be the role of the THE GIANT

GUESS WHO?

OK, I am totally lost...what are we talking about...what production...????

Doreen
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Doreen,

We're always daydreaming here and making stuff up.

For instance, wouldn't it be nice if we all had a site where we could actually go to meet each other and eat together? We thought so too, so we started day-dreaming about the "Let's Do Lunch"tm Ranch. Everyone started signing up for responsibilities (train engineer, smoothie maker, nurse, etc.).
The ranch doesn't exist anywhere in "real-land" yet but that doesn't stop us from assigning parts in the 'next' play to be performed at the Ranch...

lol
NJ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

EnJae wrote:Doreen,
We're always daydreaming here and making stuff up.
For instance, wouldn't it be nice if we all had a site where we could actually go to meet each other and eat together? We thought so too, so we started day-dreaming about the "Let's Do Lunch"tm Ranch. Everyone started signing up for responsibilities (train engineer, smoothie maker, nurse, etc.).
The ranch doesn't exist anywhere in "real-land" yet but that doesn't stop us from assigning parts in the 'next' play to be performed at the Ranch...

thanks, nj, for putting it so well........better than i could have.....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Oh, I see...awesome!

I think we should plan a REAL get together some day - wouldn't that be fun!

SO in the meantime....in the next production, I'll be the one doing all the singing...me me me...la la la  (that's me warming up)....I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony....CAN YOU HEAR IT????
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

TNangela wrote:It great to hear from you carolyn.......I was wondering where you had been???I understand the work issue though........yeah we all cant be tall though Carolyn....I as a teen had wished I could be short.....so lol   we are never satisfied it seems.......I hope things settle down for you soon....and yea it seems like my computer problems and Dad's health had kept me away alot last year......thankfully Daddy is fully recovered and was preaching fulltime just a week after brain surgery........ANG

Wow, it's been more than 10 days since I've been on the boards!  Ang - I'm so VERY pleased to hear that your father is well again.  My dad is going through chemo again - gives me a lump in my throat every time I think about it... :sad:

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Carolyn, I will definitely add your father to my personal prayer list....I hope things go well..ANG
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Ang!  It is so wonderful reading about your daddy preaching so soon after haveing BRAIN surgery!  Our God is and AWESOME GOD!

Carolyn, I'm praying your dad's chemo is successful and he makes a full and permanent recovery!  Neil still needs prayer.  He started a new chemo protocol last Friday, as the last one almost killed him.  Blessedly, it ALSO almost killed the cancer!  :thumbsup:

IGWT -- Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Gwen,
It's so nice to hear from you!!  You are always such an encourgment to others.  We'll be praying for Neil, praying that God will open the doors of heaven over him and heal him completely!!  Stop by more often, we miss you!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks!  Neil was in hospital for a month, which was time consuming.  Then he came home for a month and ....  fuggeddabbouddiitttt!  I haven't even had a shower for over a week.  Went to church dirty yesterday.  God understood. 

Neil started back to work today so I should have a couple of daytime hours to myself, but the nights will be worse because he's dialyzing 5 days a week at home.  We'll see how it goes.  We have ordered a power wheelchair like mine to conserve energy for him so he can spend his limited energy on working instead of keeping himself upright! 

Michelle came home last night, so I'll FINALLY be able to get those pics to Roger that he has been patiently requesting for MONTHS.  :blush:

IGWT -- Love to all, Gwen
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

GWEN....FANTASTICE NEW PICTURE  :thumbsup:

Good to have you back with us...PRAYING FOR YOU BOTH!

Love,
Doreen
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

God bless you Gwen,  my your life sounds difficult right now.  I'm going to put you on my prayer list.  I hope you will find some time for yourself in all that is going on.  We all need that sometimes.  I had our dd and family living with us for almost a year with two little ones.  I babysit a lot as they were trying to get their house ready to move into.  When they left, I realized my bucket was dry.  I had put my needs off almost that whole time and it took me a month and still not back to normal.  That is so small compared to what you are going through but just wanted to say how important to have time to just think about some of your needs.

I pray God blesses on you and your family.

Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Gee, I don't feel like I've been away, so it's surprising to be welcomed back!  I usually read the new posts every few days, so even when I don't take time to post, I still feel connected, get inspiration and ideas for the next day's meals

Sweet Pea, taking care of family is not a small thing at all.  It is definitely draining having people living with you.  When you're a mom you always feel responsible for your brood, whether it's the kids, their kids, the husbands, or even the pets ... the buck stops with YOU. 

Debbie, I'm so happy to hear about yours and others' experiences with "Fireproof".  We're starting the six-week study as a congregation this Sunday.  The leadership already went through it, now it's our turn!  Recently a group from the church attempted to see the movie at the theater, but there was a power failure and the theater went black! ! !  Was somebody trying to keep us from getting blessed ? ? ?  *scyth*

Gee ... whose thread is this anyway?  Oh -- It's Ang's.  Are we off topic, or what!  Sorry Girl! 

IGWT -- Love, Gwen
ImageImage
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Just checking in with you guys and gals...things are still going great....I still get comments on how I never gain weight year after year.....they just didnt see me in those couple years of fluctuating weight before I found LDL!!  I am so excited that our oldest daughter Kortnie and her husband are expecting a baby boy Karson Haze soon.....it looks like he will arrive July 1st......I am forever grateful to Roger Troy and the support I received here on the boards !  Keep up the good work!      ANG
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Congratulations on being a new Grandma, Ang.  Nice to hear from you and also nice to know that maintaining on LDL is just as easy as being on LDL!!  Stop back often, we like to hear from you.  :kissed:

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

intune878

Post by intune878 »

ANG, what was your total weight loss?  I want to lose 51 pounds total because of my age.  Just wonderin'.  intune878

TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Hi Intune....my total weight loss was 23 lbs and it was so effortless