small success

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
omigosho
New, but learning

small success

Post by omigosho »

I am on day 6 of LDL and I was invited to a friends for dinner.  They were having Pizza and Grilled wings(a Syracuse tradition) so we all went.  I toted along my bean salad and beets.  When I arrived the host had purchased a beautiful salad for me LDL approved!  So I ate and we discussed the book and its benefits
I am SO SHOCKED.  I mechanically wanted to eat the pizza but I DID NOT CRAVE IT!  I was like Eh well that is not as tasty as this FOUR BEAN SUPREME salad that I invented!
I could not believe it.  Today I took out my small sample of grilled wings and savored every bite along with a great big bowl of Farm Harvest soup another invention.  I love to cook and never use recipes so this is fun for me too.  I will be posting my creations for you all to use if you want to. 

PS 
I put balsamic vinegar spray on a cut apple and wow it was so good.  Sweet and tangy.  I love salt and vinegar chips and this gives you the crunch and the tang!

Blessings
Jennifer
aka omigosho
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: small success

Post by Gwennaford »

Good Job, Jennifer!  Isn't that a great feeling to already have a feeling of being in control?

I hope you start your food journal soon, if you haven't already done it.  You can post what you eat there each day and the other members can give you suggestions to help you stay on track.  You can also post the details of your creations if you want to pass them by the Food Police prior to posting them in the recipe section, although that is not necessary once you have the program down pat.

I can totally understand your wanting to take a nibble of your traditional grilled wings, but you do know we're supposed to stay away from anything except the boneless, skinless breasts, right?  Could you make the grilled wing recipe & instead of using wings, use chicken tenders for yourself?  Just a thought.
Last edited by Gwennaford on February 26th, 2009, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
omigosho
New, but learning

Post by omigosho »

Yes I figured that out....
I peeled all the skin off and only ate 6.  I will have to try our wing marinade on chicken breasts and grill away!! Soon it will be warm enough here to to that.  Today it was 39 and it felt so warm in the sun.  It was a heat wave!
Thanks for your encouragement.

Jennifer
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzhsoy2/]
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Way to go Jennifer.  You're off to a great start.  Yesterday, I had a class after work and didn't get home until almost 9:30.  After having my LDL lunch, I had not even thought about food since lunch and was not the least bit hungry when I got home.  This really is an amazing plan and the kind of plan that makes losing weight permanently possible......I'm so happy you're alreay feeling the benefits of eating this way and losing those cravings!

Cheryl